First Grow...Purple Monkey Balls

Whats up guys and girls,

So for the last few months I've been reading through many of the grow journals on this site, and learning a lot of excellent information to help me with my first grow. After some debating with myself whether I wanted to sign up, I finally decided that it would be in my best interests to come onboard and learn as much as possible. Many of you definitely have some skills, and I look forward to learning more from you and hearing any feedback and tips you may have for me. So lets get down to it!

This grow is actually a few weeks from finish, so for my next couple posts I'd like to share my experience so far and post some of the pictures I've taken of the grow along the way.

Info

1 plant

Strain: Purple Monkey Balls (Mendocino)..I scored a bagseed from a good friend that went down to Cali for some trim-work last season.

Soil/Nutes: FoxFarm Ocean Forest/ FF GrowBig & FF Tiger Bloom nutes

Veg. Lights: 2 x 85w floros (300w equivalent each) @ 2700k &
27w 5500k floro (150w equiv.)

Flower Light: 150w HPS

Vent: 4" inline vortex fan sucking air out the top (home-made carbon air scrubber is attached)
- a little desk fan for circulation at the plant level

Area: 18" x 18" x 3ft high section of a closet.

That's pretty much it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be posting some of the setup pics shortly!!

Alohaz!

Thanks for the support guys! I'll try to get a few pics up later tonight...once I figure out how to upload and post them.

p.s. - borntorun, I was reading through your 'grow in progress' the other day...very nice!! I'm up in the PNW too. I may very well have to try my hand at some 'outdoor' next season. We've got great weather for it!

Whatsup,

I've been trying to upload some photos into the photo-gallery section, and it keeps saying it is 'processing' until it 'times-out' and nothing unloads. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong...help?

thanks Be-Irie,

I just checked and my photos are only about 60kb each. They still don't seem to be uploading.

Humm not sure why your pics won't upload??? Are they in the right format?

When I move out by Sacramento I'll be trimmin my a$$ off to make some money at first I'm sure :ganjamon:

Oh yeah I would SCROG too since your wattage is low on your HPS.

Good Luck!!

Thanks Dead, my pics are jpg's...sill not working. I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway, I didn't do any SCROG, but I LST'd a bit which evened out all the bud sites quite nicely.

call me dumb but what is SCROG <<< and how do you do it i see it alot on here dont know what it means i am new at this please take it easy on me

Purple Monkey Balls. Oh yes, reds and blues work well with green for me, but don't tell the fasionistas. On the net I saw pix of 'Black Rose', a breeding project. Amazing
Your box 'sounds' well lit and ventilated. Good context, now to view contents please. Thanks for coming out, to share.

PG

Ok, so I finally got my pics uploaded, so we'll start with these:

Here's a pic of the setup and my little seedling at about 3 days old. Not much to do but give it light and water and let it grow.

1_setup.jpg

2_3daysold.jpg

Here she is at one week old...I've been calling her 'Daisy' lol. Anyway, there's still not much to do at this stage but be patient.

3_1weekold.jpg

During week 2 she really started a growth spurt. As you can see below, she had some really tight node spacing. I was a bit worried that with my 2700k bulbs she might be prone to stretching, but it didn't happen at all...the nodes were actually too close together

4_2weeksold.jpg

5_2weeksold.jpg

Here is week 3:

this week she kept up with the vigorous growth and I started the LST. I think there were about 6-7 nodes at this point. She was really short, thick and bushy and kinda hard to bend...I was scared I might snap the stem, but it all worked out good.
6_3weeksold.jpg

7_3weeksold.jpg

Here is 4 weeks old:

At this point she was still really short and bushy, especially after being bent over. The LST was starting to show some results. You can see a couple more tops starting to pop up.

Here she is in the sun, enjoying the great outdoors.

8_4weeksold.jpg

Here is 5 Weeks.

Still going with the LST, and getting more tops to keep poppin up. This is the day that I also switched her over to 12/12. In hindsight I should have waited another week or two until she showed sex, but I got impatient (rookie mistake I guess)...She didn't end up showing her first pistils for another 2 weeks anyway. I coulda just kept her vegging.

9_5weeksold_F1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom