First Grow...Purple Monkey Balls

So here is the first day she started to show flowers!! I was really stoked.

It was funny, I kept smelling them to see if they smelled like bud yet...they didn't. I'm sure over the course of the day I had accidentally snorted a few pistils up my nose.

10_6weeksold_Fday1.jpg

If you look really closely, you can see some pistils in there
11_6weeksold_Fday1.jpg

Day 24 flower: My most current pictures!!

Sorry, I don't have any pictures between day8 and day24 of flower. But here she is just a couple days ago. The buds are starting to fatten up nicely! :) They stink soo good...I'm really trying to fight the temptation of sneaking an early taste!! I hope I can hold out...

14_24daysflower.jpg

15_24daysflower.jpg

16_24daysflower.jpg

Anyway...she's showing signs of N deficiency...all the bigger older fan leaves are yellowing up quite a bit. Do I have anything to worry about? Or can she make it to the end without it??
Also, I think next grow I'm going to move up to a 3gal pot...right now she is in a 2gal. and I'm having to water everyday...will a bigger pot help with this?

Well today she's on day 28 of flower. I will take some new pics in a couple days...

So far I am really enjoying my first grow. Purple Monkey Balls has been very forgiving of my rookie mistakes...she seems to be pretty happy. No purple showing yet, but I've read that some strains don't purple up unless they're outside and in cooler temps. With a night/day temp in my closet from 72-84 degrees, it may be too warm for her to show any purple I guess.
Anyway, if you have any questions, comments or tips for me so far, I'd love to hear em.

Thanks Irie,

I have FF GrowBig, Should I give her a one-time dose, or do it over a couple of waterings?
Also, should it be full strength??

Grow big will be fine. I would do it for a few waterings and see how she does. I used to go half and half with the Tiger Bloom and if she took it well go full strength the next watering...

Irie, thanks braddah +rep...I'm mixing up a batch right now. I hope it solves the deficiency for the rest of the grow.

Thanks Duck! Yep, that is a DIY CO2 bottle in the background...I don't know how much it has really helped or anything, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something a little extra for the plant.

the mixture I use is:
2 cups of sugar mixed into 2 cups of hot water.
a tspn of flower, a tspn of bakingsoda, and a tspn of yeast mixed into a Cup of cold water.
Then I pour both mixtures into the 2litre bottle.

This mixture puts out a good amount of co2 for 3-4 weeks before it dies off.

Here are a couple bud pics I took today...Day 29 of flower.

Day29Flower.jpg

Day29Flower_2.jpg

Happy 4th to everyone!!

Don't try to light your joint with a sparkler...it's not good. :)

for your first grow, she looks amazing. your thumb is obviously greener than mine lol! :yummy: great job keep it up and +rep for a beautiful looking plant! :ganjamon:

Thanks for the good words nycal!

Duck, wow a 5gallon bucket?! that will probably put out some massive amounts of CO2 compared to my 2litre...I may have to give that a try for my next grow.

Hey hey, Just thought I'd give an update. There's not too much to report at the moment...everything is going really well. My girl seems to be getting more sugar coated everyday! :) I hear that this strain has a pretty fast flower time of about 6-7 weeks. Today is day 32 of flower, so we've got just a couple weeks to go!! I will take some more pictures soon.
Also, I was able to arrange for some more PMB seeds to make their way up to me in the next couple of weeks, so I'm definitely stoked about that! I'm planning to start round two when this one wraps up.

Conquer

Hey there, it's been a couple days since my last update...today is day 39 of flower! Many of my girl's pistils are starting to turn red/maroon and die back. If I had to guesstimate I'd say about 20% of them as of yesterday. The lights are set to turn on in another couple hours so I will check the progress and take some new pictures post up here.

Be back in a couple hours!

Ok, so here are the pics!

Just a couple quick questions...

It seems like I will be harvesting in the next week or two? Should I be watering with just regular water for waterings at this point?? Is there any other things I should be doing to get ready to harvest???

1_39days.jpg

3_Medbud.jpg

4_smallbud.jpg

...and an underside pic, because I thought it looked cool
2_underside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom