First Grow, Ryn0nTX: Critical Mango, Ebb 'N’ Flow, 2020

Haha! Thanks Rexer. We are doing great, it's just been really busy. I ended up not having the time last Saturday to get an update posted. i plan on doing it today after work. :ganjamon:
Glad to hear it! Cant wait to see how everything's been going! :passitleft:

Day 81...In the middle of week 11. Flying through Week 6 of Flower!

Dang guys, I'm sorry for being absent. Work has taken off, company on the weekends and anything else you could think of has kept me from taking the time to keep my posts current.

These girls have come a long way since this journal began. Harmony and Meadow are completely dusted with trichomes! Dawn is still slacking, but recently she started making a lot of blooms. I have started the straight ro water flush. No more nutes for these girls. I'm aiming to harvest the two that are ready this weekend. I'm going to post some pics and would like your opinion. At that point, I'll have to consider what to do with Dawn. I have four new plants ready to go in the buckets and really need to push these girls out. Plus I'm super stoked about finally finishing a grow!

-Still using a 12/12 light cycle. I considered going to 8 on/16 off but honestly I didn't want to 'fix' something that isn't broken.
-Like I said, no nutes. just straight ro water at 6.2 ph.
-Room temp is good, but humidity is really taking off! I'm struggling to keep it at 70%rh. I have another stand alone a/c unit that I'm putting in there. This way my main unit can be thrown into dehumidify mode and rock on!

Not much else to it. I didn't do any trimming for the last three weeks and finally decided I need some more airflow. I pruned all three girls last night.

I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear some feedback....
81 Days_Pre-TrimD.jpg
Here is Dawn and her crazy big ass self! It's nearly impossible to get all of her in a picture without it blending in with the other plants. This is before I pruned her back. Here is the after....
81 Days_Post-TrimD.jpg
Two of the flowers grew into the light and burnt to a crisp! I had to trim a few inches off of them. I keep pulling branches down (with string) to keep them lower, but it doesn't take long for them to get where they want to go! Here is an attempt at a close up of Dawn...
81 Days_Close_up_D.jpg
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
81 Days_Pre_Trim.jpg
Here is Harmony. Still the shortest plant of the three but by far the fatest buds! It's crazy (I know I've said it before) how different the three plants look and have grown. I need to study more about the different strains. All of these are supposed to be the 'same' but are far from it. here is a pic from after pruning.....
81 Days_Post_Trim.jpg
I still need to thin her out more. She is the hardest because her flowers are so fat and dense! It's hard to get in there and still see what I'm cutting. Here is a close up shot of Harmony....
81 Days_Close_up_H.jpg
...............................................................................................................................................................................................
Lastly we have Meadow! Sh is the farthest along with Harmony right behind her. I'm certain I could crop her now, but I just started running the flush. I'm going to give her 3 or 4 days before harvesting. Here is a pic before pruning.....
81 Days_Pre-TrimM.jpg
I think she is my favorite! I cut a bud site off her last weekend. I did a rapid dry and smoked her! I was all out, so what do ya do :laugh: ? You can see where I cut on the bottom left. Here is after the pruning...
81 Days_Post-TrimM.jpg
Her buds are beautiful and huge. The pistils all have a beautiful amber color and trichomes are everywhere! Here is a closeup...
81 Days_Close_up_M.jpg

This flower, bud site or whatever its called (chime in) measures 17" tall! The rest on this plant average between 12-14" long!
................................................................​
That's it for now. Please ask away if I missed something or if there are any questions. Take it easy! :peace:

Wow @Ryn0nTX...wow! They're looking awesome! Meadow is looking fantastic, but I cant wait to see Dawn all finished up!

That was pretty close height wise, cant wait to see how they finish, great job man!!

Thanks @Rexer ! Yeah, I can't wait either. Honestly, Harmony and Meadow took off faster than they should have. I'm not complaining of course because they are doing great! I may do two more weeks of nutes on Dawn once I cut down the other two. The nute schedule I have been following had another couple weeks of nutes (increasing them) to go. So I am just trying to balance what I'm dealing with between the three.

I am struggling with the height of the lights. I can mount the darn thing directly to the ceiling and gain about 8 inches. Another option I'm considering is my basement. I am using it for seedlings and low light plants. Thats where my T5 clusters are. The ceiling in there is 10 feet high. So height wouldn't be an issue. But its harder to control the climate in there too. Of course...y'all will know! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for following along. Headed over to your thread to see how its going on your end.

Thanks @Rexer ! Yeah, I can't wait either. Honestly, Harmony and Meadow took off faster than they should have. I'm not complaining of course because they are doing great! I may do two more weeks of nutes on Dawn once I cut down the other two. The nute schedule I have been following had another couple weeks of nutes (increasing them) to go. So I am just trying to balance what I'm dealing with between the three.

I am struggling with the height of the lights. I can mount the darn thing directly to the ceiling and gain about 8 inches. Another option I'm considering is my basement. I am using it for seedlings and low light plants. Thats where my T5 clusters are. The ceiling in there is 10 feet high. So height wouldn't be an issue. But its harder to control the climate in there too. Of course...y'all will know! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for following along. Headed over to your thread to see how its going on your end.

Well the basement is where you will most likely land up in the end lol, might as well start making plans, that height will make a nice difference!

Yeah I made a gif of how fast mine grew and I had to keep an eye on the date in the picture cause I couldn't believe it myself.

I think I might pass on the flush,nI read some good things on feeding right to the end...I dunno yet for sure one way or the other.

Man your journal has been a great read from the get go!

I saw that gif, that was too cool! Got me to thinking about doing something like that at the end of this journal. The basement is a fun idea, but it would take quite a bit of work. But you're probably right...I might have to move in :laugh:

Here is a quick pic that I took of one small area of the basement after installing my blurple led for my naranillas. ....

basement 001.jpg

Bad pic, but it's what I had on my phone. The black planters on the brown table has my clones that I cut from this grow. They are doing great! I'm planning on growing them outside, directly in the ground! I have 6 more clones that are doing great and I'll put one of them in my new indoor grow. I also have some AC/DC (very high CBD) and two blueberry autoflowers!

I saw that gif, that was too cool! Got me to thinking about doing something like that at the end of this journal. The basement is a fun idea, but it would take quite a bit of work. But you're probably right...I might have to move in :laugh:

Here is a quick pic that I took of one small area of the basement after installing my blurple led for my naranillas. ....

basement 001.jpg

Bad pic, but it's what I had on my phone. The black planters on the brown table has my clones that I cut from this grow. They are doing great! I'm planning on growing them outside, directly in the ground! I have 6 more clones that are doing great and I'll put one of them in my new indoor grow. I also have some AC/DC (very high CBD) and two blueberry autoflowers!
That's a awesome lil setup you've got! Oh man they're gonna get big outside lol.

Yeah I want my next grow to have a cbd plant in it, I've noticed it helps me when used with thc.
How was the taste on your quick dry? Ac/DC eh? I'll have to look into that, it is named after one of my favorite bands :theband:

The quick dry tasted good. I was in a pinch and had these buds in my grow room. So after reading for about thirty minutes, I went with the oven. I think it was 240* Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. What I read was that it would taste like shit and loose at least 50% of the potency. Well, I’m no scientist but my study told me that if that’s only 50%...then damn! Plus it’s a high cbd strain as well. Definitely puts me to sleep and relaxes me. I can’t wait to extract oil for my back. But yeah, it tasted decent.

The quick dry tasted good. I was in a pinch and had these buds in my grow room. So after reading for about thirty minutes, I went with the oven. I think it was 240* Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. What I read was that it would taste like shit and loose at least 50% of the potency. Well, I’m no scientist but my study told me that if that’s only 50%...then damn! Plus it’s a high cbd strain as well. Definitely puts me to sleep and relaxes me. I can’t wait to extract oil for my back. But yeah, it tasted decent.
I would have done the same. I was just curious if the quick dry effected the taste, didn't even think on the potency. Lol oh I'm sure after that taste your even more anxious!

Day 81...In the middle of week 11. Flying through Week 6 of Flower!

Dang guys, I'm sorry for being absent. Work has taken off, company on the weekends and anything else you could think of has kept me from taking the time to keep my posts current.

These girls have come a long way since this journal began. Harmony and Meadow are completely dusted with trichomes! Dawn is still slacking, but recently she started making a lot of blooms. I have started the straight ro water flush. No more nutes for these girls. I'm aiming to harvest the two that are ready this weekend. I'm going to post some pics and would like your opinion. At that point, I'll have to consider what to do with Dawn. I have four new plants ready to go in the buckets and really need to push these girls out. Plus I'm super stoked about finally finishing a grow!

-Still using a 12/12 light cycle. I considered going to 8 on/16 off but honestly I didn't want to 'fix' something that isn't broken.
-Like I said, no nutes. just straight ro water at 6.2 ph.
-Room temp is good, but humidity is really taking off! I'm struggling to keep it at 70%rh. I have another stand alone a/c unit that I'm putting in there. This way my main unit can be thrown into dehumidify mode and rock on!

Not much else to it. I didn't do any trimming for the last three weeks and finally decided I need some more airflow. I pruned all three girls last night.

I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear some feedback....
81 Days_Pre-TrimD.jpg
Here is Dawn and her crazy big ass self! It's nearly impossible to get all of her in a picture without it blending in with the other plants. This is before I pruned her back. Here is the after....
81 Days_Post-TrimD.jpg
Two of the flowers grew into the light and burnt to a crisp! I had to trim a few inches off of them. I keep pulling branches down (with string) to keep them lower, but it doesn't take long for them to get where they want to go! Here is an attempt at a close up of Dawn...
81 Days_Close_up_D.jpg
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
81 Days_Pre_Trim.jpg
Here is Harmony. Still the shortest plant of the three but by far the fatest buds! It's crazy (I know I've said it before) how different the three plants look and have grown. I need to study more about the different strains. All of these are supposed to be the 'same' but are far from it. here is a pic from after pruning.....
81 Days_Post_Trim.jpg
I still need to thin her out more. She is the hardest because her flowers are so fat and dense! It's hard to get in there and still see what I'm cutting. Here is a close up shot of Harmony....
81 Days_Close_up_H.jpg
...............................................................................................................................................................................................
Lastly we have Meadow! Sh is the farthest along with Harmony right behind her. I'm certain I could crop her now, but I just started running the flush. I'm going to give her 3 or 4 days before harvesting. Here is a pic before pruning.....
81 Days_Pre-TrimM.jpg
I think she is my favorite! I cut a bud site off her last weekend. I did a rapid dry and smoked her! I was all out, so what do ya do :laugh: ? You can see where I cut on the bottom left. Here is after the pruning...
81 Days_Post-TrimM.jpg
Her buds are beautiful and huge. The pistils all have a beautiful amber color and trichomes are everywhere! Here is a closeup...
81 Days_Close_up_M.jpg

This flower, bud site or whatever its called (chime in) measures 17" tall! The rest on this plant average between 12-14" long!
................................................................​
That's it for now. Please ask away if I missed something or if there are any questions. Take it easy! :peace:
I haven’t seen this pic on the eye candy thread !

Wow guys! @West Hippie what a compliment, thanks! I have seen the threads but never thought about it...it's my first grow. I think she is sexy has hell! My B-day present (6/2) that I wasn't expecting. I'll look into it and and see if I can enter, sounds fun! Awesome the support here at 420! I'm not sure how I missed the emails alerting me to your posts, but I did. I was just logging in to give y'all an update ..........

Then There Was Dawn!

Then There Was Dawn_06_07_20.jpg

..................................................​
I'm working on a full update with pics this evening. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks again for ALL the support!

:Namaste: :ganjamon:

Right there in my signature is 420 contest. I haven’t seen you for awhile I followed @Rexer over here glad I did , again it’s beautiful work ! Sorry for the late reply took the grand kids fishing .

What's up y'all! I'm late as usual. As I eluded to in my last post, I harvested Meadow and Harmony after a quick 4 day flush. The leaves were starting to yellow on those two and Dawn was still looking good! So I quickly cut the two girls out of the system and added more flowering nutes(GH Micro-6ml/gal.; Bloom-20ml/gal.) for Dawn. If you take a look at the last pic of her I posted and look at the one from today, you can see she has really taken off in the last two weeks. I also changed her lights to 8 on 16 off. Oh yeah, I drastically changed her feeding schedule too! She was getting fed for 20 minutes every 3 hours. Now she gets fed for 10 minutes every hour. She seems to love it.

Dawn Flower 002.jpeg

I'm going to trim her up one more time between now and Sunday. Because Sunday I plan on starting a flush again. I could probably get a bit more from her if i waited another week or so, but as I mentioned before, I have four new girls waiting on their new home. They have quickly outgrown the propagation tray and I don't want to stunt them.

Yield? It wasn't bad at all. Just from meadow and Harmony I was able to gather 146 grams of dried bud! My guess is that I will get much more just from Dawn. She is about twice the size of both plants combined. The smoke is very sweet and has a strong citrus aftertaste and smell. Kinda reminds me of a fresh orange peel. I've never had anything like it. I also made edibles and a bunch of coconut oil lotion. The lotion works great on my back! The mild dose edibles (I take one every day) helps me with pain, sleep and focus. It's awesome!

Thanks for following along with me on this journey! It has been a blast and I've learned so much. We are getting close to the end of this grow and I can't wait to see what my total yields are after all three girls are finished up. My next grow (journal) is late to get started just like this one was (thanks Dawn) but I hope you all come along for that journey as well. I have four plants directly sowed into the ground outside and the four girls that will be my next bucket project.

:peace:

What's up y'all! I'm late as usual. As I eluded to in my last post, I harvested Meadow and Harmony after a quick 4 day flush. The leaves were starting to yellow on those two and Dawn was still looking good! So I quickly cut the two girls out of the system and added more flowering nutes(GH Micro-6ml/gal.; Bloom-20ml/gal.) for Dawn. If you take a look at the last pic of her I posted and look at the one from today, you can see she has really taken off in the last two weeks. I also changed her lights to 8 on 16 off. Oh yeah, I drastically changed her feeding schedule too! She was getting fed for 20 minutes every 3 hours. Now she gets fed for 10 minutes every hour. She seems to love it.

Dawn Flower 002.jpeg

I'm going to trim her up one more time between now and Sunday. Because Sunday I plan on starting a flush again. I could probably get a bit more from her if i waited another week or so, but as I mentioned before, I have four new girls waiting on their new home. They have quickly outgrown the propagation tray and I don't want to stunt them.

Yield? It wasn't bad at all. Just from meadow and Harmony I was able to gather 146 grams of dried bud! My guess is that I will get much more just from Dawn. She is about twice the size of both plants combined. The smoke is very sweet and has a strong citrus aftertaste and smell. Kinda reminds me of a fresh orange peel. I've never had anything like it. I also made edibles and a bunch of coconut oil lotion. The lotion works great on my back! The mild dose edibles (I take one every day) helps me with pain, sleep and focus. It's awesome!

Thanks for following along with me on this journey! It has been a blast and I've learned so much. We are getting close to the end of this grow and I can't wait to see what my total yields are after all three girls are finished up. My next grow (journal) is late to get started just like this one was (thanks Dawn) but I hope you all come along for that journey as well. I have four plants directly sowed into the ground outside and the four girls that will be my next bucket project.

:peace:
Nice haul! Man that does sound like an awesome smoke, never had one with an orange aftertaste (adding to bucket list!)

Feel free to tag tag me in any future grow journals, its been fun so far :high-five: :passitleft:

I'm still feeding her GH nutes (I decided against starting the flush last Sunday). Her buds are still small and she has only been producing trichomes for about a week. Starting to get good and sticky! I'm holding out because it would be cool to net a whole pound from one plant on my first grow! I'm still crunched for time, but what do you do?

Back
Top Bottom