First Grow - Scrog - CFL - Hydro Top Feed

Day 46, in production :)

I guess about 30 days of flowering left!

20151223_143541.jpg

Today did another refill (5 days passed left about 3-5l of solution, daily consumption 4+ liters a day):
Per l of water:
0ml grow (previously 1ml)
3ml bloom (previously 2ml)
1ml micro
1ml enzymes
1ml growth/bloom accelerator

Waiting for an adapter for my macro lens and then I am going to bore you all day long with macro shots of the buds :D

So the tops of the buds have been going significantly lighter and the leaves are losing color. Not sure what this might be and if the process might be normal.
Checked PH it was on the low side with about 5.5, changed the res and put the standard concotion that they never had a problem with.
It has been a bit warmer in there and they were for 2.5 days without air circulation (turned off the fan while doing some work forgot to turn it back on, didn't notice).
At the moment 27c RH 51%

Pistils are mostly cloudy and it is day 59 since seed in plant or 56 above ground.

IMG_20160105_201634.jpg
IMG_20160105_201625.jpg

The bubblegum looks super healthy and they feed from the same tank and have the same lights so assuming it is not a food/lights problem.

IMG_20160105_201751.jpg

Same tank for two different strains means you can't rule out nutes as a problem, no? Even if they were the same strain, and the same phenotype, they still might want something a little different than the other one.

Or it could just have been the fan, heat, etc. I'm still a soil-less guy, so I really should just shut up and sit quietly in the corner for now.

I am battling with a problem. With 90-95% of cloudy trichomes and 90%+ amber pistils from all the reading I would say that the Purple is ready. There are no amber trichomes which is not necesarilly a problem for me. No new flowers seem to be growing and the current ones don't really seem to be getting that much bigger and almost all are open.

Today is exactly 10 weeks and the term which seed bank says should be finished. I have clipped one of the smaller branches and put it to dry to be able to estimate ripeness if I decide to let it run another week or more. Will probably harvest a couple of other branches to do some butter.

Typical look of a bud on the Purple below...

WP_20160116_12_07_56_Pro.jpg

And so it happened. 12 weeks after planting I cut both of the ladies down. Was it a perfect moment, well no. Outside events have forced my hand and although I would have like to have matured them longer I wasn't able to. Additionally for the moment this is my first and last grow until circumstances change.

I have learned so much from the nice people on the forum and I am sure I wouldn't be here with the results I have if it wasn't for you girls and guys.

Below you will find a set of pictures that I will go into details with each.

Both purple and bubblegum were not turning amber, I had cut 2 weeks ago a branch off and used it as a sample after 1 week dry and 1 week cure. Not an expert on smoking but had a decent effect and made me laugh quite a bit. Will see how it goes with the more mature stuff.

Bubblegum was struck with bud rot as I had one small fan blowing on the purple and thought i would generate sufficient air movement but alas it didn't. Finger in the air estimate about 100g wet weight of buds down the drain. Didn't even want to cook with it didn't know if it was ok.

I had to work extremely fast to get everything done over the weekend so cutting, trimming, hanging to dry and making oil/butter. I finished last night around 11pm for an exhausting weekend.

Ladies when lights got removed and scrog unhooked.

IMG_023546.JPG

Bubblegum proudly showing how snowy it is :)

IMG_024647.JPG
IMG_024748.JPG

Root ball of the bubblegum, purple was significantly bigger/thicker. Those were 15l pouches.

IMG_025749.JPG

Two purple buds (2nd one next to a 200g nescaffe jar)

IMG_025855.JPG
IMG_025952.JPG

Popcorn bud or bud that was deemed as not 1st grade :) (oh what do I know)
Two white buckets are from purple, blue from bubblegum. While cooking measured 480g wet weight from purple and used it to make 1.5l of oil. Bubblegum hasn't been processed and I went on to dry all of it as I had enough oil on my fingers.

IMG_026051.JPG

Not sure what, just trimming weed :)

IMG_026254.JPG

Hung the best budst of both to dry, right 3 lines are purple, left is bubblegum. And I still got a shit load of bubblegum bud left over drying just laid out on plastic sheet

IMG_026545.JPG

Sample from 2 weeks ago curring.
IMG_026653.JPG

A doobie :)

IMG_026752.JPG

Decarbing at 4.20 ;)
IMG_026851.JPG

Cooking
IMG_027053.JPG

Happy oil
IMG_027148.JPG

Sorry that this is your last grow.....loved your journal!!! I am in soil now but plan to do something like this for my next grow. Thanks for sharing with us...I learned a few things!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom