First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

Day after topping. Turning black. Assuming this is the recovery stage?

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_161301.jpg
    IMG_20200627_161301.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Hi you two!

@Abstrakt, can you get a close-up of the area where you made the cut?

The cut itself is fine - recovering normally as you say.

What I'm a little worried about is that you may have snipped the growth tips that are at that node.

marijuana-node-explanation.jpg

I hope I'm wrong, and that yours are just so small I can't see them in the pic!

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you've cut them off. It's possible that they will just grow back - it will just take longer.

Hi you two!

@Abstrakt, can you get a close-up of the area where you made the cut?

The cut itself is fine - recovering normally as you say.

What I'm a little worried about is that you may have snipped the growth tips that are at that node.

marijuana-node-explanation.jpg

I hope I'm wrong, and that yours are just so small I can't see them in the pic!

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you've cut them off. It's possible that they will just grow back - it will just take longer.

They are still there but very small. Wasn't aware that I was supposed to keep those when topping, thinking I may have took too much off. Appreciate the photos, they help a ton!

Hmm yeah I still can't quite tell from the photos unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they grow back, so don't worry too much. As a last resort, you could top down to a lower node where there are still growth tips, but I wouldn't do that yet.

Just give it a few days and we should see new growth tips at the 4th.

As for sexing, no this shouldn't have affected that. You may have slowed the plant down (just a tiny bit) but you haven't done any irreparable damage. But it's still a bit early for the plant to show sex.

Good job topping, is that essentially quad lining? There is a really helpful thread” quad squad” that’s not the entire name but close enough, I haven’t done it yet, my plant is a few weeks away, it’s still a baby lol

Good job topping, is that essentially quad lining? There is a really helpful thread” quad squad” that’s not the entire name but close enough, I haven’t done it yet, my plant is a few weeks away, it’s still a baby lol

Topping doesn't necessarily mean quadlining, but quadlining always starts with topping.

Topping is simply the technique of removing the top growth (the "apical" growth) of a branch or stem.

Quadlining involves topping, but also some pruning, defoliating and some LST.

Day 41. Growing fast :D

Watering with recharge tomorrow AM

Still intrigued by the white protruding object. Could it be first sign of sex?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630-203328.png
    Screenshot_20200630-203328.png
    538.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20200630-203355.png
    Screenshot_20200630-203355.png
    562 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20200630-203421~2.png
    Screenshot_20200630-203421~2.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20200630-205110.png
    Screenshot_20200630-205110.png