First Grow: Sour Jack & Cheese Auto, Indoor Veg To Outdoor Flower

Braaapinbrad

Hey all! Just joined the other day and decided i myswell make a journal. So ill start off by telling you what seeds and company then what soil, pots, water then what lights and veg growbox setup.

So first off im new to the game and dont know what supplier is good and what is no good so i went with 6 crop king seeds feminized sour jack and 3 sunwest genetics autoflower cheese.

The pots i am using are 1/2liter and are filled with miracle grow seed starting mix, once the seeds germinated i put them directly into this soil with 20% added perlite. I watered the soil a fair amount when i planted the seeds and once more after a few days but with tap water, i watered yesturday(day 9) now using distilled water since my tap water severely stunned my seedlings! After 1 day since using distilled i can already see a big difference. I am also using ph down to bring my ph to 6 or atleast i think because im using the colour drops and its hard to eye out what colour ph your at (actual ph tester on its way tho). In the pics i post im sure you can tell that they were having a rough start due to the tap water i was using.

For my vegging setup im using a large rubbermaid bin, cut a 6inch diameter hole in the side for a exhaust fan and then clipped another on top to circulate some air, the temp is staying around 25 but the RH is down around 40.
20190419_115355.jpg
20190419_115326.jpg
20190419_115355.jpg
20190419_115326.jpg
20190419_115315.jpg
20190417_115006.jpg
20190417_114933.jpg
20190417_114840.jpg
20190417_114832.jpg
20190417_114812.jpg
20190419_115355.jpg
20190419_115326.jpg
20190419_115315.jpg
20190417_115006.jpg
20190417_114933.jpg
20190417_114840.jpg
20190417_114832.jpg
20190417_114812.jpg
For lighting im using 4-26watt 5000k cfls and 4-26w 6500k cfls and a shit load of socket splitters lol! Probablynot the safest set up but ive seen people make crazy lamps my connecting even more together and my bulb wattage doesnt exceed the first bulb socket. This set up is only for vegging, once it warms up they will go outside into 15gal smart pots and promix bx with some added perlite. I also will start my nutrients(flora 3 part mix) with my next watering but very small dose to see if they improve from the tap water even more and will continue to use this my entire grow with some added big bud.

I will post some pictures and label them the best i can up until now(day 10). Unfortunately I didnt start taking pictures until day 6 but i will continue to post every few days so i hope everyone enjoys! Love and peace to all.

Okay so i apologize for the doubles and size of pictures, and somehow the pictures went in the middle of my story, also my description of the pictures didnt work, i would start over but it took me a while to type that all out! Anyways some of those pics are day 6 (the first day i took pics) and some of them are day 8, i think you can tell which is which but with the tap water and slow growth i wouldnt be suprised if you can't tell.

Here are some pics of today(day 10) you can really see the growth improve from the distilled water.
20190420_172716.jpg
20190420_172636.jpg
20190420_172623.jpg
20190420_172520.jpg
20190420_172507.jpg
20190420_172456.jpg

Just found your journal had to do some digging to find it lol probably why not many folks have shown up yet!

Here are links for new members

This will help you put it in your signature... then when you’re checking out some other journals just mention you’re a new grower and would love some advice and folks will gladly reach out to help if they can find your journal easily!

So day 13 and some plants look sick. Its been 3 days since last water and they are almost ready for another drink but i have some sort of nutrient deficiency or toxicity going on, im thinking it has something to do with the nitrogen levels in the soil.

I think im going to do a flush with ph balanced water tomorow and see what happens. Some plants look alot worse than others and the 3 autos seem to be growing the best without to many issues.

Pic below has yellow spot starting on leaf tip
20190422_113349.jpg
3 auto cheese in pic below seem okay with slight claw in leaves
20190422_112413.jpg
sour jack below seems okay
20190422_105127.jpg
2 pics of sour jack below seem sick
20190422_104908.jpg
20190422_104846.jpg
sour jack seems okay besides slight claw
20190422_104832.jpg

They don’t look too bad. I’m wondering if you have too much light. I was growing 6 under 3 6500k cfl for the fist but. They also generate heat. Put your hand between the lights and the plant if it’s hot it’s too hot for the plants. Also I don’t know what’s in miracle grow seedling mix but if there is no nutrients you might need to give a small amount. If there is nutrients on time release it can be a bit of a pain. I struggled with my medium at first and now have switched to pro mix hp a soiless medium with ph balancing properties. I would not flush those plants unless you are sure that is what’s wrong. If you have been overwatering that will make it worse. Read this : The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

@Pennywise anything you can add to help this new grower?

They don’t look too bad. I’m wondering if you have too much light. I was growing 6 under 3 6500k cfl for the fist but. They also generate heat. Put your hand between the lights and the plant if it’s hot it’s too hot for the plants. Also I don’t know what’s in miracle grow seedling mix but if there is no nutrients you might need to give a small amount. If there is nutrients on time release it can be a bit of a pain. I struggled with my medium at first and now have switched to pro mix hp a soiless medium with ph balancing properties. I would not flush those plants unless you are sure that is what’s wrong. If you have been overwatering that will make it worse. Read this : The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

It doesn't feel to hot, i can feel the fan blowing keeping it cool, it could be too much light, i might just raise them up for now, i think its nitrogen toxicity because a few leaf tips are yellow and they are clawing and feel dry almost crispy. The MG seed starter mix doesnt say anything about time release nutrients it just says NPK 3.3.3 and has added MG plant food for rapid root growth.

I also have not watered them in 3 days, tomorow i will flush them because they already feel pretty light im just waiting for my ph tester to come in tomorow because they colour match kit is very hard to get an accurate reading

Yes miracle grow is not a good choice of soil from what I have read. Time release soils are really anoying especially when trying to follow a feed chart. That being said my first plants looked way worse than yours and recovered. I pinged Pennywise see what he has to say before making any sudden decisions. Remember to only change one thing at a time. Move slow and be patient. Those are all things I struggled with in the beginning. Just harvested my first grow yesterday. With the help of the people here I made it through with pretty good results for a first grow. Now let’s hope I don’t bugger up the cure.

Hey Brad, right now I wouldn't start changing things because of a tiny spot on a leaf. If anything it looks like nute burn. Just keep an eye on them and watch to see if it spreads.

Hey Brad, right now I wouldn't start changing things because of a tiny spot on a leaf. If anything it looks like nute burn. Just keep an eye on them and watch to see if it spreads.
Hey thanks! Here are some more recent photos, that claw like thing goin on with the leaves kinda worry me and some of the plants are barely growing. Do you think it would be wise to do a ph balanced flush and see if things get better?
20190422_171138.jpg
20190422_171154.jpg
20190422_171205.jpg
20190422_171226.jpg
20190422_171241.jpg

Don't flush until you figure out what's going on, they really don't look bad. I would find a different soil, MG isn't good for cannabis. Do you have any bottled nutrients yet?

Don't flush until you figure out what's going on, they really don't look bad. I would find a different soil, MG isn't good for cannabis. Do you have any bottled nutrients yet?
I just dont know what else to do, my nutrients and ph tester will be in tomorow, im using the flora 3 part mixture from general hydroponics. I live in a small town so all i have is home depot or canadian tire for soil options and that doesnt give me alot of good choices. Once they are ready to transplant and go outside i was going to use promix bx with added perlite

I would get your promix now and transplant, you can feed them with the Flora products.
Transplant now into bigger pots or same size and try to get rid of as much of the MG as possible? Once i do that should i start to feed right away or just water first

I would get rid of as much MG as possible and start out feeding 1/4 of what the bottles recommend.
Okay thanks so much for your help!, if i play with the roots to try and get out more soil and then replant the roots into new soil they wont die?

If possible see if they have HP instead of BX it has properties more appropriate to cannabis. I find it at the local Rona. You should be able to source it easy. BX is similar but HP has better drainage. Cannabis likes wet dry cycles. Also once you are in that you are not going to have to worry about ph too much. Read this: Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

Back
Top Bottom