space 1
sealed cupboard
2ftx2ft4inch height 8 foot max

space 2

this is a large wardrobe
4ft 7" widthx19"deepx70" height internal measurements

space 3

this is a slightly larger alcove in a room
if i need to use this space then i will board over the space and make some sort of door in the false front

5ftwidthx2ft depthx8ft max height
directley above this space is a loft hatch,acces isnt required from this hatch
could be used as an exit vent ???

options 1 and 2 would be the discreetest as no noticeable modifications would be needed

im planning to use a 400watt ballast with the correct bulbs for veg n flowering, will be using an exhaust filter for smells, but locating these wont be a problem in any of the options above

so which space would be best in your oppinions?
as i said im ok with doing 4 but 6 would be nice :grinjoint:

cheers in advance

edit forget to say will be a dwc bubbler grow

oldskoolD

I can't say which is best for you, but I did start my Tutorial on deciding a location.

I see a lot of growers buy grow tents and decide to toss them later because of heat and venting issues, and too cramped a space. Same would apply to your cupboard or wardrobe. The cupboard or wardrobe have their advantages and disadvantages. Try to imagine 2 or 4 large plants inside them. Would there be enough room to work in there too? room for lights? room for air and water pumps?

Is ample electricity available?

Is a source of water nearby?

Using HID lights? or CFLS? BIG DIFFERENCE IN HEAT AND VENTING ISSUES.

Is the grow space near traffic? near where company visits? Have you considered the strong odor?

Can you make the area totally dark?

thanks for the reply :thumb:

ill try answer all

power isnt a problem i have that nearby, same applies to water,bathroom is next door

already have a 400 hid so idealy use that

only in a small 2 bedroom house so everywhere is near traffic but it will be in the only room visitors never enter

i have a filter already and ducting, i plan to have the filter outsde the growspace on top
which then exhausts in to the loftspace, duxt exit to the loft is directly above the wardrobes location, so very short ducting run maybe acouple of feet tops

my plan is to mount a surface fit bath room fan on the front bottom of the wdrobe to suck in fresh air,2 if need be, will also rig one or two fans inside for circulation and wind replication

it would also be possible to duct fresh air from outside thru the loft space but would use around 20feet of ducting for that option,not ideal,i think front mounted sucking from the room is probably more efficient??

i can make the internal grow area totaly dark inside
the room its in i will still be using as an office/den area
i see your points entirely and agree with them all but i think i can overcome them,
and in hindsight looking at the 3 options i have this is by far the stealthiest,also

pumps carbon filter,ballast etc will all be outside the grow area to maximise the internal useable space, internal height is 6foot, im not wanting huge plants so would choose suitable strains to fit my area for now, this area is only for 2 grows and to learn with really and supply my self i do smoke a lot but if i can fit 4 to 6 and have some success it will easily keep me going till i move to a larger house, in several months time, when ill have a dedicated full room to use

hope that all makes sense? :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom