First Grow - Stealth Grow

Anonym00se

Well, I origionally planned on growing outside but last night set to work on this stealth system and am very pleased with the result.

I have a fan blowing air in, two 11 watt cfl bulbs and one 20 watt cfl bulb (total output of 220 watts). Currently I have 2700k bulbs but will be getting 6500k bulbs tomorrow. Where I'm from they dont have the colour temperature on the box so getting them is rather tricky.

Heres a picture of my stealth grow box inside a computer tower. Its rather small though but I hope that I can grow at least 1 in there and put another few in an empty fish tank I have sealed up with lights.

IMAG00322.jpg

Dimensions:
Height: 12'
Width: 14'
Depth: 7'

However with lights and all in the actual growth space is:
10' height by 12' width.

I am growing caramelicious strain in soil I used a dilute concentration of miracle grow once but havent again since. I origionally didn't get the need for proper light source and thought a normal light bulb could do the trick thus the streching of my plant.

These seeds are mixed so I am hoping that at least one plant is female so I can clone it.

IMAG00335.jpg

As this is my first grow I'd very much appreciate any and all suggestions.

This will be a fully stealth grow hopefully.

I know the stealth computer is too small for three plants and will remove plants as they get bigger, probably only ending up with one plant in it. (carmelicious grow up to 25 inches tall but there is only 10 inches of growth space in the computer so I will have to cut the growing tip at 10 inches and let it bush out hopefully not losing much yield in doing so)

2 weeks in now.

IMAG00342.jpg

:peacetwo:

Looks good bro. Did you line it with foil? If so be careful because foil doesn't reflect light evenly. On the creases the foil reflects "hotspots" witch will direct too much to your leaves an burn them. Try Mylar or buy a Mylar balloon and cut it.

Looks good bro. Did you line it with foil? If so be careful because foil doesn't reflect light evenly. On the creases the foil reflects "hotspots" witch will direct too much to your leaves an burn them. Try Mylar or buy a Mylar balloon and cut it.

I'm using the dull side of foil to avoid the hotspot problem. I dont really know where to buy mylar but I fully intend to build a second version of this system soon in a MUCH taller unit that will be easily able to hold full sized plants. I'll look around for mylar for that. What type of store would I get it in? Hardware?

hey nice little sey up you got going on there
you dont have to cut the top of your plants . you could lst them (low stress training) or scrog them . there are tons of tutorials in how to scrog and lst on youtube
:goodluck:

hey nice little sey up you got going on there
you dont have to cut the top of your plants . you could lst them (low stress training) or scrog them . there are tons of tutorials in how to scrog and lst on youtube
:goodluck:

Thanks for the tip man, gonna go with LSTing. I'll just get one plant into the case then I'd say depending on how big they get :)

Would love to get two in. Will plant the females into a large long pot when i can tell them apart and remove the males.

They're all taking well to the move.

This was them yesterday:
IMAG00335.jpg

This is them today:
IMAG00354.jpg

Never got the chance to get the 6500k bulbs but will be picking them up tomorrow, will also be starting on my next stealth growbox tomorrow or the day after.

Plants growing fast (except for one of them)

IMAG00406.jpg

Had a problem where the 22W 6500k CFLs were overheating so I only have one in there now right infront of the fan with two 2400k CFLs. (total of 230 watts)

The largest plant now has 16 leaves and I'm hoping to be able to identify males from females soon (I may just be hopeful, never done it before).

Plants growing fast (except for one of them)

IMAG00406.jpg

Had a problem where the 22W 6500k CFLs were overheating so I only have one in there now right infront of the fan with two 2400k CFLs. (total of 230 watts)

The largest plant now has 16 leaves and I'm hoping to be able to identify males from females soon (I may just be hopeful, never done it before).
im pretty sure you need to change the light schedual to 12/12 to identify if its male or female .
looks good to me so far ! ;)
im doesng my first grow at the moment too :party:

im pretty sure you need to change the light schedual to 12/12 to identify if its male or female .
looks good to me so far ! ;)
im doesng my first grow at the moment too :party:

I have a feeling the two big plants are female, they have the white hairs I've seen mentioned on sites talking about the difference between male and female plants. Also It's alot darker in colour than the other two which matches whats shown here:
Difference between male and female marijuana and cannabis plants and Hermaphrodite Marijuana Plants

Also: "Males are often, but not always, tall with stout stems , sporadic branching and few leaves. Males are usually harvested except those used for breeding, after their sex has been determined, but before the pollen is shed. When harvesting, especially if close to females, cut the Marijuana plant off at the base, taking care to shake the male as little as possible. This helps prevent any accidental pollination by an unnoticed, open male flower." - I cant really use the tall part to distinguish as they all streched but the one I think is male looks rather undeveloped compared to the others leaf number wise.

Is the only other way to truely tell the difference to induce flowering?

I am going to clone each plant and induce flowering in those clones and find which plants are male and which are female for definite. How long do I need at this rate before I can clone? As in how big do the plants have to be?

Like your stealth box. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the foil; hot spots, low reflective percentage comparing to white paint or mylar. See if white paints for the interior works for you. This will make it easy to clean up later on. Mylar works too but you must secure it tightly to prevent falling into the light creating hazard. Paint it white will provide a peace of mind, since the space is so enclosed any fire prevention should be considered.

Give it another two weeks of veg time for new branch growth. Then, it's clone time! :)

I would wait until your plant has doubled in size and has more branches. When I clone I take a branch that has at least 2-3 internodes and at least 4 sets of leaves with new growth forming at the end. Were you planning on taking a cutting from the top? Know that if you do it will slow down growth and you should end up with 2 tops.

I have a few approx 6 inch pots that work nicely on the other 2 but I'm worried they may be too small if a gallon is suggested. I have moved them all into gallon pots I bought today but they are way too big for the stealth box. Could I keep them in 6cm pots?
pot_size.jpg

I think they are the 6 inch on the far left.

Would that be ok to keep them in?

Oh yeah duh! You have a stealth box my bad! Lol yeah 6in should be fine. When it starts getting a lil taller you might think about doing some Low stress training to maximize your yield with the limited space you have. For example you could place your plant at one of the box then start training it to grow horizontally then you'll have a lot of bud sites.

Bought some mylar today as per your suggestion and will put it in tomorrow, I've made a second stealth box, taller pc body and zero light escapes while keeping temperature down. Will post pictures tomorrow. Moved plants back to 6 inch pots and moved the one in the ceramic pot up to a 6 inch pot and put it in the second stealth box on its own.

Currently the second stealth box only has a 20 watt and a 11 watt in it (total 160 watt output). Both are 2700k as the shop I bought the 6500k bulb from before has shut down and am resorting to ordering them online.

Will this detrimentally effect my plant?

Back
Top Bottom