First grow, two plants

Bill Johnson

I started with two in little planters in a box, when they got too big i separated them and looked healthy. one got on a bad light schedule and budded noticeably male. i returned it to a veg light cycle (18+) and put the two in the closet together.

Was this moronic? I have a fan blowing towards the unflowered plant, upwind of the male, and they did not touch leaves (haha sounds like a health lecture). Please tell me I didn't accidentally bone myself royally/take one in the ball-nodes.

THanks for the input..

They have been separated, I know the male is worthless besides as genetic material. My question is whether my unflowered plant will take on male characteristics due to having shared space with the other, flowering plant.
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

no bill,,,, and if you stand next to a babe,,you won't get better looking either....

Hahaha, thank you for the levity...I guess I'll just cross fingers, toes, eyes and nose for a female.
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

They have been separated, I know the male is worthless besides as genetic material. My question is whether my unflowered plant will take on male characteristics due to having shared space with the other, flowering plant.
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

you might have created a hermie....

Thanks to replies, they were (mostly) helpful. I separated the two a considerable time ago; the poor male just petered out on my desk until i couldn't stand it and put it out of its misery. My unknown has since become a beautiful female, I'm 99.999% sure she's not a herm because it will be three weeks into 12/12 tomorrow and there is no sign of that change happening.
My poor Zolo (a friend named him after the One Piece 4kids dub's swordsman):
Picture_02816.jpg

Picture_001100.jpg

I chopped him to pieces ;_; and apologized for it...
...Brooke, my female (named for Humming Brook of the Mugiwara kaizoku-gumi) is a beauty:
Picture_00584.jpg
Picture_00861.jpg
Picture_00399.jpg

Between the four lights I have (two 24" tubes and two CFLs in desk lamps) and miracle grow potting mix (feeds plants up to 6 months) this plant has somehow survived the myriad of ways I've almost killed her. Will post again when I have a problem, thanks in advance for all the help!
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

I was looking at some problem leaves:
Picture_00669.jpg

(ignore the little damage that I did dropping things on the first leaf)
Picture_00760.jpg

These first two are younger and larger than the third:
Picture_00495.jpg

The top two have a crunchy feel (for lack of better descriptor-I don't mean brittle) and want to curl and wow along the veins (think snap-bracelet, I can cause them to bend up or let them naturally bend down). The last is just showing brown tips and the two sets of lowest leaves (not pictured) are just barely showing the same brown tips.
This seems to be a bottom-up problem, and might be attributed to how low the soil has settled in the planter or some other problem. The how-tos and trouble diagnosis threads are helpfully unhelpful in that there are too many things it MIGHT be. Ideas?
I was going to wait to make this problem post, but i had quite a surprise...an earthworm! The soil I used to top off my planter when I last transplanted was outdoors, and must have had the little guy in there. I've flushed the soil twice so I'm shocked it didn't drown. I'm pretty sure this is not a bad sign, but wanted to get opinions...I hear they are good luck?
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

IMHO 3rd pic down.. Fungis problem. Looks like you have the begining of "Brown mold" soon you should start seeing brown splotches on your leaves. A fungicide should take care of that problem. At first glance it almost looked like a over nute problem but the coloring is wrong. I am not sure about the 1st two pics there are several possible reasons why your leaves are starting to curl under like that. Keep us posted.:peacetwo::goodluck::popcorn:

Thanks Franknstrain, awesome name btw. Suggestions on a fungicide? Rose/Orchid I would guess, but chemicals are not my forte.
Are there second opinions?
Mods-should half of this thread move to the flowering section or maybe all of it move to the grow journal section as it has evolved somewhat? Just wondering if that matters one way or another...thanks.
Your friend,
Bill Johnson

beautiful plants i have two autoflowering feminized plants and they are 20 days old now and im using two 75 watt florescent tubes with another 23 watt tube on both of the plants i am using a fox farm fertalizer i water them when the first couple inches of soil gets dryed out i really would like some info on what i may be doing wrong or what i can do better im new at growing so all the helpfull advice will be excepted good or bad here are a couple pictures of them in a little bit

Back
Top Bottom