First grow, two problems on separate plants, please help: week 4 into flower

Daniack

This is problem number one and its detail.
80340423_1054813584873433_4963529159495122944_n.jpg
81095675_832821543838883_2320204091361329152_n.jpg
I have no idea what this could be. It just looks like something white is on top of the leaf. Bit of this white thing is on nearly every leaf of the plant.

This is problem number two and its detail.
80516447_997574403960328_1960243041197359104_n.jpg
80195725_1060718487612917_527299736294653952_n.jpg

This looks like some kind of deficiency, but I don't know which of them it could be.
Food:
Sensi bloom part A and B - from advanced nutrients
BIOTONEX DENSO - from CANNABOOM
Growing in soil, feeding about one gallon (4 liters) of water every 2-3 days
4 weeks in flower

Please help me. This is my first grow and I'm clueless right now.

Attachments

• 80195725_1060718487612917_527299736294653952_n.jpg
    80195725_1060718487612917_527299736294653952_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 80340423_1054813584873433_4963529159495122944_n.jpg
    80340423_1054813584873433_4963529159495122944_n.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 80516447_997574403960328_1960243041197359104_n.jpg
    80516447_997574403960328_1960243041197359104_n.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 81095675_832821543838883_2320204091361329152_n.jpg
    81095675_832821543838883_2320204091361329152_n.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 79
Do they seem to be on older leaves or newer growth?

pictures of the whole plant are easier to diagnose but I’ll do my best
I could take a picture of the whole plant but I think that the yellow light will not let you see anything. (but i will add these pic in no time)

Looks like it could be mites but it’s hard to tell.

how confident are you in your ph?
Pretty confident. My nutrients have ph perfect technology. I had a problem with ph before anyway, so I went to test my water and found out that it is about 7,5 and even this "ph perfect technology" could not move it this far. So now I am just lowering it to about 6-6.2 and letting the ph perfect technology to do the rest. (As my local growshop owner told me.) I had no problem since then and it was like 4 weeks ago.

And thanks a lot for replying and helping me!

I could take a picture of the whole plant but I think that the yellow light will not let you see anything. (but i will add these pic in no time)
Turn off the yellow lights, then, and use the white room light or the flash on the camera.

Since you say that the white stuff is on top and that there is some on just about every leaf on the plant I am going to say that it is damage from Mites. Check and see if there are fewer of these white spots on the very top small leaves in the flower. My experience was that the Mite damage did not show up on the very young small leaves for awhile.

The spots that look like a brown or rust color surrounded by a lighter color are something else.

People will want to know what kind of soil you are using in the containers. Is is a soil mix you bought at a store or is it one you mixed up yourself? Is it a coco mix or a natural soil mix?

If you are watering with about one gallon of water every 2-3 days then let us know if it is for all the pots or is it one gallon per pot?

Turn off the yellow lights, then, and use the white room light or the flash on the camera.

Since you say that the white stuff is on top and that there is some on just about every leaf on the plant I am going to say that it is damage from Mites. Check and see if there are fewer of these white spots on the very top small leaves in the flower. My experience was that the Mite damage did not show up on the very young small leaves for awhile.

The spots that look like a brown or rust color surrounded by a lighter color are something else.

People will want to know what kind of soil you are using in the containers. Is is a soil mix you bought at a store or is it one you mixed up yourself? Is it a coco mix or a natural soil mix?

If you are watering with about one gallon of water every 2-3 days then let us know if it is for all the pots or is it one gallon per pot?
Sorry for my lack of information.
It is premixed soil I bought in growshop and it is a natural soil mix.
I water every 2-3 days with one gallon per pot. I have only two flowers and I have them next to each other so in the pictures I added are both of them.

Bit of the white stuff is even on top fan leaves. I took one leaf off and tried to wash it and it isn't washable. The leaf is damaged and the damaged parts changed its color to whiteish.

Unfortunately it looks like mites or thrips.

are you in flower?

@Old Salt @Chris Scorpio @Pennywise. What do you guys think?

let’s get a second opinion
Could I see them with my naked eye? How do I fix this problem?
I've been checking for any types of bugs since the start of the grow and I only saw one flying to the light in like the middle of veg stage.I've killed it and nothing since then.
Yes, I'm in week 4 of flower.

It’s tough to recommend something since you’re in flower. I’m a bit old school and shy away from chemicals so I’ll recommend what I know.

ladybugs... if that’s even possible to find

put a small chrysanthemum in the room ? It may work as they are naturally repellent

It’s tough to recommend something since you’re in flower. I’m a bit old school and shy away from chemicals so I’ll recommend what I know.

ladybugs... if that’s even possible to find

put a small chrysanthemum in the room ? It may work as they are naturally repellent
Dude, am I high asf or you just recommended me to put a flower in my room? I'm not judging as I'm the newbie here but damn! Okey, I'll do it.

Could I see them with my naked eye? How do I fix this problem?
You probably are not going to like my answer but here goes. You ask if they can be seen with the naked eye and yes they can, no they can't and sometimes. I had a mite problem, on and off, for two years. If the Mite was the red one then they were easy to see. If they are any of the others then the answer is maybe you can see them but 99% of the time you will not. Except for the Red mites, they are small, very small and you will need a magnifying glass or a loupe. That is the correct way to spell it. Loupes work like a highly specialized magnifying glass and are used by photographers and jewelers.

It is often easier to find them under the younger fan leaves than on top. Look for something that resembles a short thread or spider web. If you find that then you have Mites somewhere on the plant. Towards the end of my two year battle with mites I found out that I could take a close-up photo of the tops of the plants and then use a free photo editing program on my computer to enlarge the tops or flowers on the ends of the stalks. Bingo, there were the webs. Another way to look for webs was to use a hand held spray bottle and spray with finest mist on the flowers. Plain water will work. It will make the webs or threads show up in the light just like a spider web shows up when the morning dew is on a plant outside.

I've been checking for any types of bugs since the start of the grow and I only saw one flying to the light in like the middle of veg stage.I've killed it and nothing since then.
If they have not come back then it was probably something else than a Thrip, Gnat or Mite .

Any damage done to the leave by Mites will not go away. The leaf is still alive but weakened.

Good luck.

You probably are not going to like my answer but here goes. You ask if they can be seen with the naked eye and yes they can, no they can't and sometimes. I had a mite problem, on and off, for two years. If the Mite was the red one then they were easy to see. If they are any of the others then the answer is maybe you can see them but 99% of the time you will not. Except for the Red mites, they are small, very small and you will need a magnifying glass or a loupe. That is the correct way to spell it. Loupes work like a highly specialized magnifying glass and are used by photographers and jewelers.

It is often easier to find them under the younger fan leaves than on top. Look for something that resembles a short thread or spider web. If you find that then you have Mites somewhere on the plant. Towards the end of my two year battle with mites I found out that I could take a close-up photo of the tops of the plants and then use a free photo editing program on my computer to enlarge the tops or flowers on the ends of the stalks. Bingo, there were the webs. Another way to look for webs was to use a hand held spray bottle and spray with finest mist on the flowers. Plain water will work. It will make the webs or threads show up in the light just like a spider web shows up when the morning dew is on a plant outside.

If they have not come back then it was probably something else than a Thrip, Gnat or Mite .

Any damage done to the leave by Mites will not go away. The leaf is still alive but weakened.

Good luck.
Did what you said and I did not find any webs. I will still try to find some cure against mites.

Does anyone have an idea what the other problem could be?

Dude, am I high asf or you just recommended me to put a flower in my room? I'm not judging as I'm the newbie here but damn! Okey, I'll do it.
Do a search on the internet for any of these terms or search word strings:
companion planting mites
companion plants mites
natural mite control

and then follow through and read some of the articles. Then come back to this message board and start looking through other threads to find out what worked for those growing Marijuana. My experience has been that if we jump right in and search for info on Mites and Marijuana first we will miss out on a lot of important background info that comes from a broader search.

The Chrysanthemum is a natural repellent. Mites do not like the way it smells or tastes and putting one in the room will encourage mites to leave the area. Just having one in the room will not get rid of the ones already on the plant. A spray will have to be applied to the plants. There are many spray solutions that are considered organic or natural.

Chrysanthemum oils are used in shampoos to control head lice. Some schools would recommend that parents get this shampoo and use it even if their kids did not have hair or head lice whenever the nurses discovered a problem in any student. I don't know if they still do this but they did back in the 70s when our kids were going to grade school.

Did what you said and I did not find any webs. I will still try to find some cure against mites.

Does anyone have an idea what the other problem could be?
Did you look with a loupe? The small mites are really, really hard to see without something to magnify them. They can be very small, smaller than a grain of dust. I often saw them when they moved. If they were just there eating on the leave they did not move and would not be noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom