first grow, want advice feedback input anything

dankhead151

So im starting my first grow. For weeks ive been "prepping" so to say, buying lights and fans and other accessories to do this right. The grow is a closet set up only doing one plant for my first time. I have 4 23 watt 5000k cfl lights and 2 23 watt 2700k cfl lights lined my grow space, which I made out of a clean trashcan, with mylar. Im running 2 regular 12 v computer fans (one of which hasn't been installed yet, still being shipped) and a laptop cooling fan I ghetto rigged into it, also one big room fan blowing up into the setup. My temps usually run from 80-88 degrees, which I would like to get lower if possible (also keep in mind one cooling fan isn't here and installed yet). I sprouted a seed from some herbs I got outside with a cup over it (mini eco dome) then when it pushed through I moved it inside its been inside a day so far on 18/6 lighting cycle. My lights are mayb 14' or 13 inches away from the top of the leaves. I think that's everything probably leaving some details out.

So I just want anyones input or advice anything that could help or tips. Pretty much just looking for some feedback from people rather then just looking up info online and starting off.
0041714.JPG

0031829.JPG

0021909.JPG

0011925.JPG

my_stuff_053.JPG

my_stuff_054.JPG

good luck on your grow! here are a few thing that i had to learn the hard way with my first two grows .

Get a ph meter even if its the $10 one of ebay .. its so much easier to read than some strips or judging the color of a liquid. dont mater how good your nutes are if your plant cant take them in .

your only growing one plant at a time so it will be easier to pay attn to its needs. but she will tell you what she likes and dislikes by her color and growth.this site probably has a pic and description of every deficiency known to cannabis if you search the forums first . u can seek the answers u need about your cfls out in the f.a.q. finding grow journals that were similar to mine and reading them help me answer most of my questions .

dont over water them . i judged by how heavy the plant felt watered to dry and it became pretty easy . but with your setup looks like u wont be handling her to much .

anyways good luck .. and start a grow journal . trust me its fun to look back and see how far u have came .after your first harvest it will be like looking back on family photos...

Get those bulbs closer. CFLs should be within 8" of the canopy, optimally 1-3" away. They won't burn your leaves unless the leaves actually TOUCH the bulbs.

You should have enough light there to flower for a decent yield, When you flower, if you can add a couple more 2700K bulbs it can increase your yield.

Definitely get a PH meter as devils said.

And pick up a 60x microscope or magnifying glass, you'll need it to properly harvest.

Get those bulbs closer. CFLs should be within 8" of the canopy, optimally 1-3" away. They won't burn your leaves unless the leaves actually TOUCH the bulbs.

You should have enough light there to flower for a decent yield, When you flower, if you can add a couple more 2700K bulbs it can increase your yield.

Definitely get a PH meter as devils said.

And pick up a 60x microscope or magnifying glass, you'll need it to properly harvest.

oops forgot about the scope ...and thats the last thing i purchased lol..takes the guess work out unless u have an autoflower like mine that wont change to amber .don't know why some autos don't show ...

Back
Top Bottom