First Grow - White Widow - Afghani - Strawberry Blue - Advice Welcome!

oregonbud

What strain is it? 3 White Widow, 2 Afghani, 1 Strawberry Blue
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedlings right now
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? 1 gal
Size of light? Currently 400w MH
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 73-79
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? None currently

Hello All, This is my buddy and I's first grow. Honestly, dont know too much about everything but have the general idea. I currently have 6 seedlings that are 5 days old in my closet (very tight area) but have a 4x4x7 grow tent in another location that I will be moving them too in a week or so. I germinated 6 seeds and have them all sprouted with 5 looking very healthy but 1 got over watered and could still maybe survive! I am currently running a 400w MH reflector hood about 3 feet away. The tallest seedling is about 5 inches and the others are starting to catch up. I plan on posting pictures within the next day but when will I need to lower my light? How much should I be watering them right now? I have been keeping the soil moist but am afraid it might be a little bit too much.

Thank you! Love watching them grow more and more each day. Just want to make sure I'm doing everything right which is why I came here. The seedling that got overwatered is starting to look much better and could survive. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions! Should have pictures posted today.

image25438.jpg

Hey Oregon Bud! Welcome! Did you post in the "introduce yourself" thread yet? Nice to see another Oregonian come into the 420Fam!

AS far as your light goes, a 400W MH is WAY more than they need right now. They'll be fine, it's just expensive to run that kind of light and mess with all of the heat control at this point. If you have access to some flourescent bulbs that will fit in you closet or tent, I'd run those for a few weeks. They run cool enough that you can put them right next to the plants and have no worries.

Here is an example of what I do/did. This wouldn't fit in your tent but you get the idea:
Three 2-bulb flourescent fixttures mounted to a wooden frame equipped with hanging ropes on ratchet pulleys...
16092.jpg
15835.jpg

I ran them under those lights for 3 weeks or so before moving them into flower with 1000w HPS

Stress not my friend, they will do their own thing for now. A fully saturating watering will keep those little girls happy for at least a week. They don't need much of anything (light,water,nutes,etc.) at this stage. FFOF is a great soil and I highly recommend it but just remember that it is already a little "hot" right out of the bag so water with plain pH adjusted water (6.3-6.8ish) for the first two weeks or so before you feed and then start with 1/4 strength for a week or two before you go full mix.

The next three weeks will be an exciting time!

Good Luck

Trig

I appreciate your response Triggle! For my next grow I am planning on purchasing some fluorescent lights similar to yours for my seedlings but this is all I was able to use for right now. I have heard a lot about FFOF and taking it easy while feeding them the first few weeks and plan on doing that! As far as temperature goes right now I have been able to keep it between 72-78 degrees and humidity has been between 60-80% for the most part. Are those temperatures and humidity levels okay for now?

I apologize about my one sideways picture. I will get that fixed and get pictures of all my babies up today. They are exactly one week old now!

Temps are perfect, 80% is pretty high but it's not as big of a deal at the moment. As they grow, your humidity range will want to gradually decrease until the end, stopping somewhere between 35-55% depending on who you ask. If you have a LOT of airflow and movement through the canopy you can get away with higher RH numbers and possibly get fatter buds with better oil/trichome production.

That water is fine. Keep it 100 OB!

Trig

The humidity in the last day or so has been more around 50-65% and temps have been a little highe around 80 degrees but I'm working on getting that lowered. The 2nd node on almost all of them are beginning to come in now. I apologize again about no pictures. Been super busy the last couple of days but will make sure they're posted tomorrow!

For veg 80-85 degrees is perfect. You just want to be able to drop it below 80 for flowering.

I am growing WW now with just about 4 weeks or so left.

Welcome to the site!! I have some video tutorials in my signature if you need assistance with uploading pictures, or putting a grow link in your signature.

:thumb:

Hello guys, I am back! Sorry about the delay, been a crazy last week with work and everything and moving my little (not so little now) seedlings to my other location and in the tent. I am currently running a 400w MH light still but now they are located in my 4x4x7 tent. They are 16 days old now and starting to look really good! Especially my strawberry blue.
FullSizeRender_1_13.jpg
FullSizeRender77.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_17.jpg

The first and last picture are of the strawberry blue and the middle picture is all 6 of my plants. Please let me know what you guys think!!

does anyone have advice on how to cool down a 4x4x7 tent? I currently have 2 clip on fans then another small oscillating fan running at the bottom along with a 6" inline fan with a controller running on low/medium

I decided to transplant all 6 of the plants today in 5 gal pots. Soil was still a little too wet but got all of them in their nicely. Here is an updated picture of them
FullSizeRender_4_8.jpg

Hey guys! been a crazy last few days and lots of growth. They are starting to get taller and stems are getting much thicker. Today is day 21 and I fed the strawberry blue and one of the afghanis for the first time! I gave them 1/4 of the recommended dosage of fox farm open sesame and will be feeding the other 4 tomorrow. Here are some updated pics:

FullSizeRender_6_4.jpg
Strawberry blue
FullSizeRender_8_1.jpg
Strawberry Blue
FullSizeRender_7_1.jpg

Not sure why this picture looks so dark. She is much brighter in person
FullSizeRender_9_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom