First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

420-magazine-mobile2049269564.jpg

Damn those are some nice buds!

And amazing job on your first grow!

I am chopping my WW next Saturday... the dry and cure is the next big hurdle and part not to screw up! Lol! My plant is doing the same as yours... everyday more new pistols are pushing out... I think my buds have stopped swelling and growing so the count down is on... besides I have at least 20% amber trichs and the percentage is growing daily!! Can't wait to hear your final smoke report! You've done a great job!

I am chopping my WW next Saturday... the dry and cure is the next big hurdle and part not to screw up! Lol! My plant is doing the same as yours... everyday more new pistols are pushing out... I think my buds have stopped swelling and growing so the count down is on... besides I have at least 20% amber trichs and the percentage is growing daily!! Can't wait to hear your final smoke report! You've done a great job!
Thank You! You've done an amazing job yourself! Yes, plan carefully! I've made a couple mistakes with washing, trimming and drying Big Mama, but it's like I'm getting a second chance with Shortie! Lol

Thank You! You've done an amazing job yourself! Yes, plan carefully! I've made a couple mistakes with washing, trimming and drying Big Mama, but it's like I'm getting a second chance with Shortie! Lol
Hey chakita, been following with great interest. You've done really well. Seriously! I'm on my 1st grow, about to switch to flower and was just wondering what mistakes you were referring to above? I don't see any mention of them. 1st timers like us need all the heads up we can get!!

Hey chakita, been following with great interest. You've done really well. Seriously! I'm on my 1st grow, about to switch to flower and was just wondering what mistakes you were referring to above? I don't see any mention of them. 1st timers like us need all the heads up we can get!!
Thank you, and welcome! Well, the first mistake I made was with bud washing. I didn't mix up the lemon juice and baking soda long enough and realized that when I dumped it out.

I also feel I overtrimmed some of Big Mama's buds..I told my hubby I couldn't be a barber, I'd keep taking a little bit off here and there until they were bald a bit dramatic.. BUT I could've left more of the sugar leaves on there! I definitely will with this next harvest.

Last but not least, I left my jars open for a few hours yesterday instead of 15 minutes.. they seem fine, but I definitely won't make that mistake again!

Well I did it, y'all! She got the chop at day 72 of flower RIP Shortie

I cut her down branch by branch and washed her
Bucket 1- RO water, 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup Baking Soda
Bucket 2&3-RO water, room temp

I hung each branch with all the leaves, the humidity is pretty low in the dry room so I'm going to leave them on until dry. Then I'll dry-trim and keep all the trimmings and popcorn for butter
Big Mama's buds dried a bit too quick for my liking(6 days), but i trimmed off her big fan leaves before drying and the rest of the fan leaves after a couple days. So this time I'll just leave them on. Also, Shortie has a bigger yield so hopefully that extra weight slows it down

Any tips please throw them my way!! Thanks everyone for following along and for the encouragement and help, I couldn't have done it without y'all! Now off to smoke a bowl or 2 of my own home grown bud(my firstborn lol)! Feels Good!

420-magazine-mobile1442205281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1000571400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1133217228.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1496308397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1099914929.jpg
420-magazine-mobile275036149.jpg
420-magazine-mobile968977017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile315429530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1549049836.jpg
420-magazine-mobile258187211.jpg

Thank you, and welcome! Well, the first mistake I made was with bud washing. I didn't mix up the lemon juice and baking soda long enough and realized that when I dumped it out.

I also feel I overtrimmed some of Big Mama's buds..I told my hubby I couldn't be a barber, I'd keep taking a little bit off here and there until they were bald a bit dramatic.. BUT I could've left more of the sugar leaves on there! I definitely will with this next harvest.

Last but not least, I left my jars open for a few hours yesterday instead of 15 minutes.. they seem fine, but I definitely won't make that mistake again!
Awesome. I'm gonna file that one for safe keeping. Quality advise. I cut my own hair and over the years have gotten pretty good so maybe I'll have more luck!! I'm gonna try this bud washing craic on half of whatever I get but I'm skeptical. Just don't see how it could benefit unless you either have pests or are treating the leaves/buds and yet some people here seem convinced it makes a difference. Time will tell.

Awesome. I'm gonna file that one for safe keeping. Quality advise. I cut my own hair and over the years have gotten pretty good so maybe I'll have more luck!! I'm gonna try this bud washing craic on half of whatever I get but I'm skeptical. Just don't see how it could benefit unless you either have pests or are treating the leaves/buds and yet some people here seem convinced it makes a difference. Time will tell.
What I liked was that the water was visibly dirty..dust, a few dog hairs, cloth fibers.. all of that stuff won't be going into my lungs.. I love that! I didn't have any kind of filters on my tent so I really needed to wash. I'm definitely getting a carbon filter for round 2, and I might try not bud washing too.

420-magazine-mobile2129414858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile790350960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1683082225.jpg

So we have about 67 grams or 2.4 oz of smokeable bud off Big Mama! We've taken a few buds out to smoke too.

I have a jar full of Big Mama's trim/popcorn that I'll be using to make butter(along with Shortie's, when it's dry). Any tips on making butter? I've only tried it once and it was pretty weak.

Shortie is still pretty wet, so I'm just keeping that room cold and dark. It's pretty low humidity in there, but with all the leaves left on its drying slower than my last girl.

Back
Top Bottom