First Grow, White Widow & Northern Lights Autos, Indoors In Soil

Michgrower

First grow so starting off small with two white widow and two northern lights autos.
- growing indoors
- home made growing tent 4’w x 2’l x 6’h w/reflective Mylar velcroed to the tent frame. tent is not covered on top.
- soil is equal parts happy frog and coco in 2 gallon fabric bags
- using four 48” T5 54W growing lights

Followed Crop Kings germination process:
- two white widow seeds sank within three hours
- northern lights seeds sank after 15 hours
- put all four seeds with damp paper towel after 18 hours
- after two days white widow tap root 3/4” long planted these seeds directly in 2 gallon fabric bags. (I read somewhere to just plant autos directly into final planting pot.)
5F1E9843-F2D2-4434-89CA-EF8D7F2C565B.jpeg

(white widows are on the left, northern lights on the right)

- northern lights tap root take another two days to reach 1/2” long. Planted northern lights four days fire starting germination process.

As mentioned above I planted the northern lights this morning. Planted the white widows two days ago. The widows are on the right just breaking thru, northern lights on the left.

Growing indoors in the winter so RH very low, 22%. Will this require more watering than growing in higher RH or do I need to do something to raise RH?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 191
You wanna get some humidity pumping for those little ladies. I grow in Northern MI so I know the low rh issues. You can get a Vicks humidifier for cheap. I will stick around for this one if you dont mind.
:passitleft:

You wanna get some humidity pumping for those little ladies. I grow in Northern MI so I know the low rh issues. You can get a Vicks humidifier for cheap. I will stick around for this one if you dont mind.
:passitleft:
Don’t mind at all, I could use the advice. Picked up a humidifier on the way home.

Ok week two day one, nothing much changed expect I pulled that stubborn seed casing off WW1. Neither of the northern lights has broken through yet.
- RH 22% Added a humidifier to the tent, I will needed to figure out receptacles if I add anything else.
- Maintaining temp ~78 degrees F.
- Trying to be patient and not over water.
- Using 4 54W 48” T5 grow lights. Keeping them about 6 to 8 inches above the soil right now.
4DBC86BA-EED0-4BEF-9AD0-9F74F2C046AE.jpeg

WW1 sans the seed casing.
957EBFE0-E2BB-4033-82A4-63CA4C3B604A.jpeg

WW2.

I hope u don’t mind if I join in. I’m on my first NL grow, I’m on the W side of the mitten. It’s been cold and dry the last two days. I’ve been hanging a wet towel in my tent to raise the humidity. I have to soak the towel 2-3x daily. Hope this helps.
I hope u don’t mind if I join in. I’m on my first NL grow, I’m on the W side of the mitten. It’s been cold and dry the last two days. I’ve been hanging a wet towel in my tent to raise the humidity. I have to soak the towel 2-3x daily. Hope this helps.
Don’t mind at all.

How long did it take your NLs to brake thru the soil after you planted them? Planted mine two days ago and nothing. My WWs broke through less than two days.

Don’t mind at all.

How long did it take your NLs to brake thru the soil after you planted them? Planted mine two days ago and nothing. My WWs broke through less than two days.
2-3 days, but there all different. I am also growing Blue Dream photo, those took 3-5 day and both had helmet heads until I plucked them off.

Week 2 day (11 days from start of germination)

Finally got the RH up to 60%, trying to hit 70% while still seedlings. Temp staying between upper 70s lower 80s.

Lesson learned for next grow. Plant germinated seed in something the size of a solo cup. I read somewhere that autoflowers go from start to harvest in 7 to 9 weeks, so plant directly in final planter. Also read planter size rule of thumb is one gallon/foot of growth. My autos are expected to be 24” so 2 gallon pots. That’s a lot of soil and water for a seedling.8C4CCEC4-A9C2-4C6B-A8FF-06084804425D.jpeg
Northern light
0A0466DD-3484-49A2-B08C-4F22730C30B4.jpeg
White widow 1
4FE57EA3-660C-4C43-9E2A-47C4EE1AF6DA.jpeg
White widow 2

16 days since planting the germinated seeds. Thought I posted a couple of days ago but apparently not.

Dropped my thermometer/hydrometer in a bucket of water, need a new one now. I’ve fed and watered the girls three times since last posting, each time increasing amount of the nutrient solution.

Advanced Nutrients Sensi grow A&b
Advanced nutrients voodoo juice and B52.
Solution ph tested mid 6s. Need a ph pen tester.

First feeding 1 liter nutrient solution @ 1/4 strength shared with all three plants.
Second feeding 1 liter nutrient solution @ 1/2 strength shared with all three plants.
Third feeding was last night 2 liters @ 3/4 strength shared with all three plants.

I feed the plants when the leafs start to droop and soil feel dry down to 2 knuckles.

FE852F7A-5770-4CD9-ADD5-58EA48AAA4E0.jpegWhite widow 1
6B50E3CE-DDA6-4D03-A38C-0BE183CC7003.jpegWhite widow 2
0D3DB248-A8B8-4BD5-8CB2-3C203B8C2B71.jpegNorthern lights, runt of the litter.

Another couple of lessons learned.

If you have a 2 x 4 tent and use 4’ T5 light fixture, don’t grow 2 different strains as they will probably grow and flower at a different rate and time. My Northern Light is half the size of my white widows. No big deal elevating the NL to get it as close the the light as the WWs. My concern is I have a feeling the WWs will bloom before then the NL. I plan on switching to bloom bulbs when the WWs start to bloom, probably further stunting the growth of the NL. So, it’s either grow one strain at a time or get two 2’ light fixtures.

Spread out the plants today to get them centered under the lights. Started LST on the White Widows. Fed and water the girls again today.
.DC48C32C-9188-4F42-9719-136812D1D774.jpeg WW1
71EBF8D6-11EA-4CAB-847B-5A74236766E9.jpeg WW2
B7577868-172E-4655-84DB-04883086DB03.jpegNL
DACDA32F-DAD3-4773-88B4-57E1C685C7E4.jpeg Best use of TV treys ever.

Back
Top Bottom