First Grow With Dutch Passion Blueberry

DanS

Hello and welcome to my first journal for my first grow.

First things first, the equipment:
  • Secret Jardin 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.85 tent
  • 600w Sunmaster Dual Spectrum bulb
  • Plant Magic plus Soil Supreme
  • Formulex and Soil Bloom Nutrients
  • 4' fan with carbon filter
  • Temperature between 18C - 27C
  • Only thing I haven't got is an intake fan but I will be getting one next week.

When I first got the tent I decided to grow Auto Blue Mystic from Nirvana. These have just started to flower and are going strong. I did this for 2 reasons, firstly so I can test the tent for things like temperature, humidity and pests but the main reason was so I can crop early whilst the Blueberry is growing. So the lighting has been on 18/6 and the auto's flower nicely with that, they only have around 3 weeks left so I germinated the Blueberry. I felt it was good timing as they will be ready to flower around the same time as the auto's will be finished.
That is the situation but I will now focus on the Blueberry.
They have been in for just over a week now and are looking good. I had one issue, I felt that they were stretching for the light. They had a huge stem on them and as i'm using a tent this worried me so I decided to use another ballast with a 125w blue CFL bulb close to them. This is on the same 18/6 timing but is focused only on the Blueberry. This has seemed to work well.
So far they have only had water but tomorrow will start on the formulex at half strength.
Here is a picture, sorry for the quality.
IMG_50661.JPG

Hey guys,
Firstly I am so so sorry for the neglect of the page. I have been super busy with work and haven't had time to update.

So here's the thing, we had some major issue. Not with the girls, with the equipment. After 2 and half weeks I switched them onto 12/12, they have had steady nutrients and I added the intake fan which is working brilliantly... BUT, I could not work out why they were growing at the rate of knots. It was ridiculous. At first I put it down to the plants stretching, apparently not, I returned when they should be sleeping and what do you know, the light is on. These girls have had 24 hours of light for 4 half weeks because of a broken timer.
So firstly I thought, SHIT but, the plants are so healthy, they were drooping but with the water given perked right back up. Changed timer and things are looking great, apart from the fact they are around 4 foot and only just flowering. I think I'm going to have some space issues... anyway here are recent pics, i'll upload the bits in between when I get chance.
IMG-20120826-00126.jpg
This is after 1 week.
IMG-20120826-00125.jpg
IMG-20120826-00124.jpg
04356.jpg
03677.jpg

These last two are them around 3 days ago. Monsters! The other are auto blue mysitic. They are ready now and looking sweet! Bare in mind I have a 1.8m tent and they are around 1.2m, think I may have issues. Will take a picture tonight as they are a lot more perky after finally sleeping!

Hello and welcome to my first journal for my first grow.

First things first, the equipment:
  • Secret Jardin 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.85 tent
  • 600w Sunmaster Dual Spectrum bulb
  • Plant Magic plus Soil Supreme
  • Formulex and Soil Bloom Nutrients
  • 4' fan with carbon filter
  • Temperature between 18C - 27C
  • Only thing I haven't got is an intake fan but I will be getting one next week.

When I first got the tent I decided to grow Auto Blue Mystic from Nirvana. These have just started to flower and are going strong. I did this for 2 reasons, firstly so I can test the tent for things like temperature, humidity and pests but the main reason was so I can crop early whilst the Blueberry is growing. So the lighting has been on 18/6 and the auto's flower nicely with that, they only have around 3 weeks left so I germinated the Blueberry. I felt it was good timing as they will be ready to flower around the same time as the auto's will be finished.
That is the situation but I will now focus on the Blueberry.
They have been in for just over a week now and are looking good. I had one issue, I felt that they were stretching for the light. They had a huge stem on them and as i'm using a tent this worried me so I decided to use another ballast with a 125w blue CFL bulb close to them. This is on the same 18/6 timing but is focused only on the Blueberry. This has seemed to work well.
So far they have only had water but tomorrow will start on the formulex at half strength.
Here is a picture, sorry for the quality.
IMG_50661.JPG

Hey mate im growing with a sunmaster dual spectrum to, and i think my plants have strech a lot on the stem in the first week, next grow i will veg with 105w cfl and save some electric bill money to :), i think the extra 5% blue ligth give by the duall spectrum isn't enough but i'm just a newbie maybe some expert grower could enlighten´me

PS:sry for the bad english

:peace:

No worries man! I don't think they are stretching now the timing is sorted. I am happy with the light but down to human error of not checking the electrics I caused the stretching.
Good luck dude!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom