First Grow With Problems

HighImMom

Hi all, am new to posting but have been reading 420 for awhile now. My son and I started our first grow this year, its a true learning process. Now I need help, leaves are starting to yellow (some are the tiny leaves on the bottom) turn on a couple of the plants. We are growing hydro and 1 soil. Lights are 600 watt and on 18/6. We are using Fox Farm Grow Big and they are watered every day (usually 3 times a day). Our reservoir water system broke so we have been watering by hand, son stayed home from work today to fix the reservoir water. Can someone offer advice please! One last thing I have bacterial pneumonia and in order to keep smoking (after the pneumonia is over been 2 weeks since my last bong hit) we ordered a vape! Excited!! Thanks all.
:yummy:

plant_yellow_1.jpg

plant_yellow_2.jpg

plant_2_3.jpg

plant_130.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/soil_grow.jpg

Thank you lots of valuable information! I have read alot on Advanced Nutrients Grow but have a question, is Advanced Nutrients Grow the same as Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Grow? TIA!!

Im pretty sure you can use your fox farm grow big in your hydro. The grow big is a veg nute high in N and will stop the leaves from showing N deficiency. Id double check to see if you could use the grow big before buying new stuff.

I have no experience with Advanced Nutrients other than watching one of their shady sales rep pose as a helpful grower on this forum pushing AN products.

Heres another useful link on nutes.

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Edit: You said you are running both soil and hydro, so Im assuming you have the right grow big formula for the corresponding plant.

Thank you Bill! We are using the FF now maybe just not enough? I am reading about Miracle Grow Liquid Fertilizer as we type...hmmm so confused!

:tokin:

Thank you Bill! We are using the FF now maybe just not enough? I am reading about Miracle Grow Liquid Fertilizer as we type...hmmm so confused!

:tokin:

I would stay away from Miracle Grow anything. FF is good stuff, you can find many on the Journals using it.

I'm not sure I understand your growing method, can you explain a bit more in detail?

Prairie

Hi Prairie, we have 4 plants total that we started from seeds that we previously had, just to see if we could grow. 3 of them are being grown hydrophonically and 1 in soil. They are now in the veg state, lights are on 18/6, we are using Fox Farm Grow Big in our water. We water every day 3 times a day. We have a circulating fan blowing and a humidifier. Temp is around 77, humidity around 33%. We mix gallon jugs of distilled water with the FF (we have well water thats horrible). Does this make sense?

Oh and we are using 2 tsp of FF per 1 gallon of water.....do I need to add more?

No, I would stay with that. You might also want to look into some FF Big Bloom.

You say hydro, and you talk about watering, while it looks like you are doing hempy...

Two thoughts, what is the temp and pH of the reservoir?

Prairie

Ya I'm using foxfarm big bloom..but in soil. I love it! Not ready just yet on hydroponics. Need to do more research. I tell you though.... big bloom isn't a disappointment so far. I love what I'm seeing! Won't ever go back to normal ferts, little spendy but well worth it! Plus it's versatle.:slide:

Back
Top Bottom