First Grow: Wonder Woman Plus Others, 4x4 Tent, 1000W Light, DWC

Dang, you gave them ladies a serious haircut. I'd like to see what you get out of them. It'd also be nice to see an experiment and side-by-side comparison (clones maybe?) where you give one that major haircut and let the other mostly bush out (minor pruning if needed) and see which produces the most.

Dang, you gave them ladies a serious haircut. I'd like to see what you get out of them. It'd also be nice to see an experiment and side-by-side comparison (clones maybe?) where you give one that major haircut and let the other mostly bush out (minor pruning if needed) and see which produces the most.
Welcome Nightmask, thanks for tuning in! Yes this method of super-cropping is intense but really allows us the ability to shape the plant so that we are maximizing light exposure to the 16 colas on each plant. Apparently if you start this type of training very early the plant responds and recovers extremely fast later in the grow. The heavy defol ensures that the plant will only grow in the pathways we have created. So instead of the plant using energy to create fan leaves and random bio mass, we wanted all the directed energy to go straight into our new growth nodes and thickening of the stem structure. The theory being that bud yield could/should be proportional to how thick it's stems are because there will be less resistance to fluid and nutrient uptake as the volume increases. I too am interested how that experiment would play out! My neighbor "thefrizz" got 2lbs dry off this exact setup on her first grow ever. So we're hoping that by refining the training techniques and other processes we can surpass that amount.

Happy Hump day,

So we were out of town for the holiday and even though the temps outside got in the mid 80's the tent only peaked at 81F. No new signs of root rot during that time so I'm pretty happy bout that. It's pretty impressive how well the friendly bacterias are working (or something we are doing). We still haven't did a res change yet! I had an idea about buying a block of dry ice on a day that it's super hot to keep the tent cool while giving the plants some extra CO2. Anyone ever try this? I know it's not very economical but hopefully would only have to do it a handful of times. I checked the Ph yesterday and both the Heyena plants had dropped down to the low 4's while wonder woman and nothern lights were in the low 5's. Hopefully they were not that low all weekend, they only looked a little stressed with some weird textured leaves. We topped all the plants off with a gallon of water each with the same nutes and pH up this time. We managed to dial each plant to pH 5.9. Here's a pic of wonder woman's roots. You can see all the new growth past the dirty section in the last two weeks!

420-magazine-mobile1659136060.jpg

Ciao!

Happy hump day once again,

So we have a grocery delivery service and anything frozen comes packed with dry ice. So today when my groceries showed up it happened to be the perfect hot day to put a couple pounds in the bottom of the tent and see if we can cool the tent off for a couple hours while the light is on. Hopefully the plants enjoy the CO2. Black Heyena in the front right has been a little shit and keeps dropping pH into the low 4's all the other plants over the course of the week have been steady around 5.8. We are probably​ going into flower this weekend!

Just a pic just because lol.
420-magazine-mobile2144861962.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom