Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Positive Energy and a Dank bowl of you're fav strain! :D

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • GTFO! BROHEIM! :(

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
hi, great grow, im interested in anyone growing using the cfl method, ive only read the 1st few pages and impressed all ready, great vid and gret pics, im also growing cfl method and only at the start of the veg stage, mine are 1 week old give or take a day or 2, just thought id mention about the lights, when the light tell you its 23 watt, then thats the watt you go on, when it says it gives off 100 watt it really dont mean that as it wont be anywhere near as bright as a 100 watt bulb, its not relating to the brightness its just comparing the power, so the 23 watt bulb uses the same power as a 100 incandecent bulb so you alway go on the 1st true wattage, they say you need 4 23 watts per plant, but in not 100% sure on this as ive seen plants grown with less and more lights.

im gona keep reading your journal as you have made a great job of this journal

well done n happy growin
now ive read all your journal it looks like id learn alot from you, you done really well getting grows like that, great journal and great grow, should of read all the journal before my last comment, top grow, it still amazes me when i see grows like this under cfl's

Hey donpaul.p Hell ya thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the journal! I plan for many more to come with very interesting techniques. This was my first time ever growing anything...ever :) Learning how to do many things, and it's all starting micro...just wait till I get the space to grow monsters. Like imagine 1 year of LST Vegging in a huge room under 1kWatt light with all the proper shit to make it grow optimal. I can't wait. I'm gonna grow lifesize monsters :) Like a huge GUMBY or something haha.

Hope you stay around and learn with me :)

UPDATE - WEEK 9 FLOWERING - THC-BOMB.
I have other things going as well that I will be making journals on soon. :)

Happy smokin n tokin my broski's.
HKRVa.jpg

cZ2ao.jpg

EYOoB.jpg

GsWK2.jpg

WXcdE.jpg

0vDbz.jpg

T2bQ4.jpg

tljuZ.jpg

7j9Cb.jpg

wMY6s.jpg

vmxZw.jpg

e77go.jpg

dSo8I.jpg

l5NGQ.jpg

oVzCo.jpg

IVYnM.jpg

[
jQCCM.jpg

HzNw5.jpg

wq1S5.jpg

Suppose my updates should include more data for learning purposes. Pictures are great but you can't learn that much because the environment and care is detrimental.

I have been feeding her the Trio FF Nute Line still. 125% recommended. Slips my mind but it uses the measurement scale dealing with tblspns n gal. Can anyone tell me if the tips are from a prior nute burn or a nute deficiency. Because they came right around I did a big flush. I watch the leaves closely as not to burn them with strong feeds. I'm trying to find her limit but 125% was the highest I want to go.

I'm thinking she has 2ish more weeks. I'm gonna do one more big feed and then start flushing her out. From what I have read the last week you give little to no water and then give it a 24hr darkness following with a chop.

is that correct? or should I do something better. I ask because knowledge here is pretty damn good.

Temps run from 60-78 day and night. Night they are low 60's. Day they are high 70's.
When covered with lids on the temps jump up..I leave them off though and just put them on at night cycle.

Light cycle has been 12/12. I'm debating on doing more night here the last couple weeks. Is that smart to do?

Humidity is low. 20-30%. Not worried to much yet about fixing it. I do germing/cloning elsewhere.

Aight here's my Kwazulu that I'm pretty excited about. I'm using techniques I have never seen anyone do. It's Low stress because I don't cut. Yet I am manicuring it into something that borderlines creativity. It reminds me of a flower lady, or some bad ass tribal feather thing. Idk my imagination knows no bounds :)
dJ6QL1.jpg

aSMCm1.jpg

BvHwz1.jpg

Behind it

UlnRO.jpg

I do this training so that all the bud sites get light. I fold/bend/mold/bind fan leaves together. With a lot of care it will slowly grow the way I want it to. Making way for some "creative grows".

How it sits in the corner
AOPwr1.jpg

It's a very Sativa dominate strain. The most Sativa I could find - I'm searching for the most "energetic high" possible. I want the ultimate working out / active / pump up weed for my early wake n bake and mid day smokes. Then slowly move off into more indica's as the night goes on. Eventually finishing with a variety of end of night strains to either sleep / get really creative / or just chill and eat or listen to music.

What's going on as of now.
nv1kh.jpg

Anyways hope you enjoyed the update. My girlfriend is in Vegas for 3 days and has our equipment so I can't take any pictures for a few days.

Have a good night. I'm about to sesh with my home boy. Any LA'ers around here? Would be cool to sesh. Aight peace.

Just harvested some seeds. Out of the 15ish Colas. 3 of them had finished harvestable seeds. There are little pods growing everywhere :) I collected 30! Seeds. 25 of them are great looking seeds, brown with black stripes. I have them laying on a paper towel and are drying. I pulled out the 3 that I have been trying to germ from the first plant and they are now drying too. We shall see.

Do you have them dry for a couple days, then put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the frig-how long? Then once they come out and dry/warm up they can be germed?.

Wow 30seeds :) if you think about it I just saved myself 10=50bucks+shipping. I think is what I paid. They were non-fem seeds. So what will these seeds be? That is 150$+shipping I just saved. I always look at the positives :)

My smoke sesh went great. Wow I have never seen my "experienced" friend get that ripped/faded. I packed a "huge" bowl of thc-bomb (my stuff) and had him hit it when he got here.... he almost took the whole bowl in one swoop, keep in mind my bowl is gigantic, was at least 1-2grams in there. He was munching on my shit and was zoned out. It was funny, makes me happy because this stuff has been putting me to sleep. Great night smoke. Opposite to what I like, I love energy/uplifting highs. Always good to have smoke that lets me sleep...my mind wanders way to much at night and sometimes I can spend an hour just thinking/imagining things.....laughing to myself like an idiot haha

Don't have a camera so I can't take photos, I have recently made a LST contraption on all of my 2L hempies and now I can LST very easily. I plan on doing some cool things :)

Aight I just put 1gram of free herb in an envelope and wrote a letter to the guys who live next to me, I talked with shortly but I found out he smokes, so I thought a random gift would be cool :) I wrote IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED. :) jokes on them..I told him to come over anytime to sesh, I can hear COD or some FPS game over there, always hear explosions and coughing throughout the day.

amazing pics mate, im gone keep an eye on this journal, what exact lights do you use to flower, also how big where your plants when you went to 12-12, and a brilliant idea tying the bigger leaves down so the light gets into the branches that are about to grow from the stem, im only on the 3rd set of leaves on my biggest plant but i can see at the stem where the new shoots are growing out for the new branches, so im gona keep an eye on the leaves and tie them back as and when needed, sounds like a great idea to prevent blocking the light

amazing pics mate, im gone keep an eye on this journal, what exact lights do you use to flower, also how big where your plants when you went to 12-12, and a brilliant idea tying the bigger leaves down so the light gets into the branches that are about to grow from the stem, im only on the 3rd set of leaves on my biggest plant but i can see at the stem where the new shoots are growing out for the new branches, so im gona keep an eye on the leaves and tie them back as and when needed, sounds like a great idea to prevent blocking the light

Sounds good :thumb: Cheers :D I'm using CFL'S. Mixed Spectrum from the red/yellow/orange hue of 2700k. 23-45watt bulbs. I have like about 200watts worth of light in there. Good micro amount imo.

My plants were pretty bushy, very Indica. I really didn't know exactly what I was doing then, but now I do :). Can't wait to do some cool things now. Yeah glad your inspired to LST in unique ways. It does make sense though, I used to "cut" "trim" "bonsai" "defoliate" and it stunted the growth I noticed. I want to try this grow cycle now with this LST/Bending/Folding technique...see how it works. So far it's pretty beastly! I vegged for 9 weeks on the plant that's still going. and I vegged for 7 weeks on the plant I just harvested. I have pictures earlier in the journal if you wanna see for ref. I think :p.

amazing. very informative. i give thanks to people like you. wish i could sesh wit ya!:passitleft:

Thanks bruh! Glad you like - I give thanks to people like you good sir. A fine gentlemen indeed. A sesh isn't out of the question. Unless you have perfected the "good guy" hey lets sesh bro and then you kidnap me and I wake up in a willy wonka styled factory except it's designed for cannabis and you smoke me out until I cry with joy and appreciation. --in that case... yea lets do it up :D srry just smoked my night smoke. yeah. :tokin:

so you veg them for queit a long time then, what height would you say they are when you choose to switch the lights to 12-12. and have you tried using different lighting schedules ie 18-6. 20-4 or 24-0. i was using 20-4 but after reading a book i got and reading different journals and internet sites ive decided to leave the lights on 24-0 till i go flower, or if i think the plants are suffering for having constant light, the next few days will tell me more i guess

so you veg them for queit a long time then, what height would you say they are when you choose to switch the lights to 12-12. and have you tried using different lighting schedules ie 18-6. 20-4 or 24-0. i was using 20-4 but after reading a book i got and reading different journals and internet sites ive decided to leave the lights on 24-0 till i go flower, or if i think the plants are suffering for having constant light, the next few days will tell me more i guess

Plants will grow faster on 24/0...really depends on how much you want to spend on utilities...:thumb:

I vegged those first 2 for a good amount of time, the LST hides that. I plan on doing shorter grows. (Only letting them veg for 1-3 weeks)

Light schedules - I have tried 24/0 20/4 18/6. It all works - as miwa says. Comes down to personal pref and pocket book and potentially stealth factors. I personally like to give at least a couple hours of night as it's harmonious with nature. So 20/4 is my choice as of now. I am trying 22/2 on my actual veggies and greens cab. Lots of factors. Try out multiple things and see what works for you :)

Lemme get some of what you smoking on HAHA!

aHA! It's my THC-Bomb harvested by me Fresh Fire!!!!! I smoke my last 2 bong rips at night of it, puts me to bed.

Okay about to update - Imgur is having overloading problems so I will wait to post pictures. They are looking good and ready to go.

My THC-Bomb is starting to show BLUE/PURPLE!!! It already has delicious Orange colors but also blue/purple ish, that's pretty cool for my first grow :). I'm not sure what's causing the color, my temps are 65-70 at night with a fan on them. Day temps are 70-80. 80+ if lids are on.

Its not a huge burst of color, it's coming out in the calyx's. Entire calyx's are turning blue or purple. I have found over 10 spots with multiple calyx's colored this way. :) It's blue and purple depending on which spots you see.

Thanks to jandre2k3 - Showed me a REALLY cool program that can help us growers out big time. It's called HERB IQ. CodePlex Archive I spent a few hours reading it over and getting used to it and putting in all of my information. Will be using it and sharing information easily.

Technically my THC-Bomb has been flowering for 80.6 days according to Herb IQ. I thought it was less, but that's the exact amount. I figure it has another week. I gave it it's last 125% Feed. Will flush in 1 day with controlled drying out this last week. Then 24hrs of naptime and then chop.

amazing pics and amazing results, did you lst all your plants, and how did you do it, it dont look like you trained the plant all around the pot it looks like it only trained a little bit but you got loads of big colas out of it,

im growing using cfls and want to get the most out of it, i was thinking to let it grow as is or lst it, wasnt sure what was best, wether to let it grow as is and have loads of lights above and around the plant to increase lower bud growth or lst it and let the side shoots all grow up like yours have, wasnt sure what was best and which would give me the best results, their are so many different methods to try and use but i dont want to decrease yield and would like to get the most out of what i have got, only time will tell,

once i have clones i will do a side by side grow with different lighting schedules then the grow after that ill try different grow methods and compare the results for myself, but for this grow i dont have a clue at what is best and what will produce the best results

seems you got plenty of great buds off yours though, looks real nice as well, what do you think your going to be getting off the plants, do you have any rough ideas, your flower time seems long as well, guess that depends on the strain, i think using cfl;s it will drag it out a bit with mine, but my plants are really growing well under cfl during veg and the nodes are really close so not much stretching, im really pleased with the plants so far, just hope they continue to flurish and produce the best they can with what i give them

amazing pics and amazing results, did you lst all your plants, and how did you do it, it dont look like you trained the plant all around the pot it looks like it only trained a little bit but you got loads of big colas out of it,

im growing using cfls and want to get the most out of it, i was thinking to let it grow as is or lst it, wasnt sure what was best, wether to let it grow as is and have loads of lights above and around the plant to increase lower bud growth or lst it and let the side shoots all grow up like yours have, wasnt sure what was best and which would give me the best results, their are so many different methods to try and use but i dont want to decrease yield and would like to get the most out of what i have got, only time will tell,

once i have clones i will do a side by side grow with different lighting schedules then the grow after that ill try different grow methods and compare the results for myself, but for this grow i dont have a clue at what is best and what will produce the best results

seems you got plenty of great buds off yours though, looks real nice as well, what do you think your going to be getting off the plants, do you have any rough ideas, your flower time seems long as well, guess that depends on the strain, i think using cfl;s it will drag it out a bit with mine, but my plants are really growing well under cfl during veg and the nodes are really close so not much stretching, im really pleased with the plants so far, just hope they continue to flurish and produce the best they can with what i give them

Thanks Bro, for me to wrap that completely around, would have taken to long. I wanted to :). I also wasn't sure wtf I was doing, Now I do know how the plant grows. I think you will be fine doing w/e, try dif things to see what you like, If you look at my Kwazulu on the newest thread I posted, you can get an idea of what I am now doing :)

Yeah it's taking forever to flower, that's why I am trying a new method of LST where I don't trim yet still have every budsite exposed. CFL'S have terrible penetration and depth. I honestly am hoping for 2ounces. I would be happy with 1oz+ Who knows, still to newb to guess yet. GL to you bro, thx for stopping by.

Dammm..them last two pics look good enough to eat...i kid you not...i reached for 2 slices of bread...:welldone:

Haha, that's funny! they do look delicious! I can't wait till their done. Thx Miwa :D

Just put up my SECOND GROW JOURNAL.
Kwazulu - Rafa - Grow #2 - CFL

Check it out! It's that good good

Also my PH-meter just broke!!!! just decided to go shit on me and give random numbers. I contacted Amazon.com we shall see, Was 20bucks that Yellow one. I need one asap though, I PH everything, even my veggies and greens.

thanks, i wont be doing nothing to drastic to this first grow, i will try things with the clones, i just want to get a decent crop out of what i have got so it might last me till i flower the clones off, or at least last me a long while, im just unsure of what to do best, as far as i know my plants are indica strain so should be smaller than sativa strains so im might just let them grow as is so ive got sort of a base model to work off, then at least if i try lst or fim or topping with the clones then i have got something to compare it to.

and to be honest ill be glad of what ever i get off these, cfl's are not the best but i can pack them in above the plant and hang plenty between the plants and all around them as ive got loads n loads of 2700k cfl's so that wont be a problem, so far mine are growing really nice under the cfl's and im pleased with the results so far, i was checking the stem on my biggest plant the big bud for how easy it would be to lst it, the stem is rock solid and dont bend, if i try bending it it dont bend and it pulls on the roots so either its to early to try or the plant is best left alone, ive got time to decide anyway, but chances are ill leave them as is for this 1st grow and take a few clones of any females i get then can experiment more. ill have a read of your other journal as well and see what you got going on.

Looking forward to your grow in 2L with no trimming pruning, all natural grow. Sounds exciting.

Twelve12 - Thanks for stopping by, you among a couple others were my first journals I learned from. Cool having you here :thumb:

my stems are rock hard all ready and the plants only growing its 4th set of leaves, the nodes are really close as well between each node, id say less than half an inch or possibly less, but ive got loads of leaf growth at the stem where each of the first leaves grew out from, the only part i could possibly train is the very soft part at the top where the new leaf is growing from, i could start training it their, i just dont know if id get more training it or letting it grow as is and put lights above and pack them in around the plant so it all gets good light. im still undecided

I think you will be fine with which ever you decide to go with ^^ GL - So got an email back from the manufacturer for the PHmeter and they said it only had 30day warranties. So I had to buy a new one, went with a dif brand this time - Got the "EZ pH Meter - Portable Pen size - Red" on amazon for 25.00. Hope it gets here fast. I rely on my PH meter for good accuracy. However, from doing the same stuff every day. If I fill a Gallon of water and let it sit for 3 days at least, the Ph sits from 6.5 to 6.8. With my dropper I can put in 4 to 5 drops of PH DOWN in my 1L cup and it will put it around 6. Of course putting in other nutes and stuff is where I am nervous. Should be here by thursday.

Plants are looking great - I also had to buy a new pair of clippers as my last ones disappeared...blame it on the gnome for now.

I'm going tomorrow morning with my friend who is getting a renewal and I will be getting my med rec. 40bucks here in SFV / LA. Then we shall go hit up a dispensary as I am stretching my stuff right now on my shake and need a re-up. Can't wait to pick. I got my eye on some Super Silver Haze 1/8 55 + Green Crack 1/8 35 + OG Sour Diesel 1/8 45. Prolly get ripped and hit up the gym. Should be a good day tho.

Peace out homies

Back
Top Bottom