First grow

Zidian42zero

I am a new grower, been doing alot of reading so now think I am ready. Will be getting a bubbler bucket this weekend. Any suggestions that might not be obvious before I get started?

For now just one plant. I wanna get good with one before I more on to more. I know I want to grow indica of some sorts but not sure probably just start with reg for now as a test. In way of supplies I don't have anything yet will be buying tomorrow from hydro shop. My grow area is in a shed well vented but not too well ;). Not sure what type of light I should get for just one to two plants. Lookin to go cheap but good and safe. Any suggestions?

For now just one plant. I wanna get good with one before I more on to more. I know I want to grow indica of some sorts but not sure probably just start with reg for now as a test. In way of supplies I don't have anything yet will be buying tomorrow from hydro shop. My grow area is in a shed well vented but not too well ;). Not sure what type of light I should get for just one to two plants. Lookin to go cheap but good and safe. Any suggestions?

I would just rock like 4 CFL's or something. Like 2x6500k 23w and 2x2700k 23w in 2 x Y Adapters from Home depot in 2 x Light reflectors that they also sell at the home depot. So one of each bulb on each adapter for each side of the plant. should be cheap and work pretty well. and for air flow just add a circulation fan shouldn't get that hot :)

SG

Got everything set up and got one popping already! Will post pics when I can/figure it out (wish I could do it from my iPhone that would make things easier). Still haven't boughten a lamp but planning on that tonight. Going to home depot to try to find them ones suggested. I have disided to go with the botanicare nutients system.

Botanicare is nice, also when looking at the bulbs, the ones that should work pretty well are the 100w replacements that are actually 23w I believe. look all over the box and the base of the light itself to see the Kelvin of the bulb, looking for 2700 and 6000-6500 2 of each! and the Y adapters are in the electrical fitting area and the lamps are in the extension cord area. Happy Hunting!

SG

Alright ill give it a shot. man i wish i could upload pic from my phone lol my comp dead so i can only surf on my iphone. went home to look at it at lunch and the shell is still on but it doubled in hieght, when should i move the rock wool to the bucket?

Alright ill give it a shot. man i wish i could upload pic from my phone lol my comp dead so i can only surf on my iphone. went home to look at it at lunch and the shell is still on but it doubled in hieght, when should i move the rock wool to the bucket?

I think it is all preference, me myself I just covered it with hydrotron rock in my setup so light still doesn't hit it. Of course you do this when they are considerably bigger.

SG

Went ahead and moved it. It's a good inch and a half tall now. Starting to get excited!!! Didn't find that light so going to have to finaggle for a week or two till I get paid again so I can afford a good light. I'm planning on getting the sun system 150 watt found at Sea of Green. Hopefully all will be good.

Went ahead and moved it. It's a good inch and a half tall now. Starting to get excited!!! Didn't find that light so going to have to finaggle for a week or two till I get paid again so I can afford a good light. I'm planning on getting the sun system 150 watt found at Sea of Green. Hopefully all will be good.

Check craiglist in your area in the gardening section, lots of lights there as well as other goodies, plus saving money is always great.

DG

Sounds like Spider mites to me, you can make a solution from around the house stuff or you can go to your local hydro store and snag some of the good stuff, depending on what you want.

SG

Back
Top Bottom