First Grow

420azluv

Hello, I am new to growing. I have a 4x4x6 ft tent w/ 400w lighting, six plants fie the same age one i had pop up in my yard so i keeped it before i got my seeds anyways. The plants are tnt kush, afgahn x white widow, LSD, BLZ, super lemon haze. they are about three weeks old and the other one i didnt really keep track the are on a 18/6 lighting cycle the big plant has been veg for months now.
44010.jpg
43510.jpg
41613.jpg

looks like a great start man keep it up, what do you have in the pots? anything under the hydroton?

what kinda nutrients you using?

i have botanicare cns17 for veg, and a little super thrive , every now and again, the little balls are to cover for a hydro grow but im using them on my soil so it doesnt dy the top layer so often its really been helping.

hey with my big plant can i manually move it into another tent for the 12/off of flowering and bring it in the veg room for 12/on ,and so on with my other plans in the room., with that plant flowering and the others staying in veg?

right on man the hydroton really does help the topsoil in a couple different ways.

as far as the big plant goes, just set your self a time everyday that you think works for you to switch it in and out stick to a solid 12 hour cycle and it will be fine.

good deal thats what i thought but never a bad idea to ask ,thanks a lot. What does it do? the hydrotone for the top soil?

As you mentioned it of course maintains a more constant saturation through the whole pot instead of drying out top first.

I also have seen it done to prevent pitting of the soil which is rather important with larger plants that are reaching full size for their current pot, to not expose the roots during watering.

Other than that it doesnt have any other benefits i guess lol

nice, thanks for the info, i started my big plant in its flowering stage i heard i should use half the veg nutrients and flower for a week the go to full flower and thought or suggestions would be great thanks.

nice, thanks for the info, i started my big plant in its flowering stage i heard i should use half the veg nutrients and flower for a week the go to full flower and thought or suggestions would be great thanks.

I have also heard that as well and just recently got the chance to try it with a couple of my dwc buckets.
It really does help out and makes perfect sense if you think about it.
We dont get to see and pistols or balls until week 2 of flowering, this whole period is what we call the stretch, some stretch more than others, but point is they all start to bulk up at this stage of their life cycle.
Feeding it veg nutes for a while into bud helps you put on that extra bit of growth before they begin flowering.!

you have some nice strains there :goodluck: :popcorn:

(four weeks old) pictures, 3 day flowering on the big plant and a new clone bucket i made i hope it works.

Just keep that ph around 5.5-6.0 and that cloner will work wonders, oh its also really important to keep your water temps regulated with your pump inside there.
good luck

if you just use some frozen 20oz water bottles 1 at a time, but keep 4 or 5 frozen.
Drop it in there and check it after a few hours, replace with new frozen 1 and repeat.
this of course is only needed if your bucket is becoming noticeably warm.

Another solution would be to find a decent timer that will do intervals of a say 5 minutes or less. This allows you to turn your pump on inside the bucket for 30 minutes or even an hour and then shut off for 5 minutes to cool down.

Another option would be a water chiller. I looked on ebay and unless you're independently wealthy or are growing several large plants with plans of getting the money invested in your grow back, stick to the frozen bottle method. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom