First Grow

Zilfana

This is my first time growing, and I've almost got my whole setup together. I have my seeds and some of my lights, but I am waiting for some of the rest of the stuff to arrive. Since it is in route, let me show you all the specs once it's set up. I will have pictures in a few days as well once the rest comes in.

Deep Water Culture with stealth hydros 6-gallon kit. I will be getting an extra airstone to but in it. (Still waiting for this to arrive.)

Lights:
1 4-bulb 2-foot t5 growlight with a 400w output. (All 6000k spectrum)
6 45w cfls with a 170w output (all 3200k)
For a total watts of 1420

Plants:
Ordered my seeds from attitude. I was very happy with them.
Growing in first grow- 1 G13 Labs Pineapple Express
1 Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze
1 DinaFem Blue Widow
1 DinaFem Sweet Deep Grapefruit (DindaFem seeds game as freebies)
(I plan on pulling one of these plants before I flower to use a a mother for clones for future harvests. It will have it's own setup later.This means that only 3 of my plants with continue to grow in this harvest. Since the kit has 6 slots, I figured I might as well veg my a mother with my first grow to have clones for the second grow.)

All this will be in a 2'x4'x8' closet area enclosed in a heavy duty white tarp, almost like my own makeshift grow tent. Everything is going to look very nice, even with a adhesive applied zipper for the tarp to have a door. I don't know anything else yall guys need to know. Of course I do have other obvious equipment like surge protectors, timers, thermometers, etc.

This is my first grow ever and I'm expecting quite a good outcome with this setup. I can't wait until my last few things come in the mail in the next couple of days. The main thing i'm waiting on is my order from stealth hydroponics which had a lot of delays but should finally be on it's way today. Because this is the actual vessel for the plants, I really can't start yet.

Let me know what you think! Pictures will come when it's started as well as more pics and info along the growing process.

What 2ft 4 bulb T5 light did you purchase that puts out 400w? I cant find any lights with those specs. 2ft HO T5 bulbs are 24 watts each or am I reading something wrong in your post?

I'm sorry, they are actually 24w bulbs, but they emit the equivalent of a 100w bulb. There are 4 for a total of 400w. Since they are florescent, there actual wattage used is less then there actual light compared to other lights. I believe. Like I said, first grow. Don't quote me on this XD

I'm sorry, they are actually 24w bulbs, but they emit the equivalent of a 100w bulb. There are 4 for a total of 400w. Since they are florescent, there actual wattage used is less then there actual light compared to other lights. I believe. Like I said, first grow. Don't quote me on this XD

No worries. I havent started my first grow yet either. Waiting for the last of my items to come in. Veg and mother tent 2x4x5ft, 4ft 4 bulb T5 Ho. Flower tent 2x4x5ft, 600w Hps. Mothers in soil, DIY clone tub and DIY Aero/DWC flower tub.
Wonder Woman for indoor and outdoor and Short Ryder for a quick initial product to smoke.

Good luck with your first grow mate.

Well, just got word that my stealth hydroponics shipment has been delayed until next tuesday because of a back order on nutes. I've been emailing them for about a week now because it's been a week since they told me my order was going to ship, and it still hasn't. Finally I got in touch just yesterday with the manager and he raised the priority of my order to high and gave me a 10% off code for my next order. He also told me if by the end of tomorrow afternoon (which was today) I didn't get an email that my order has shipped with fedex tracking info, to email him back and he'd find out what was going on.

Well I got an email today saying it's been delayed because of the nutes. Even though they told me a week ago that my order was printed and assembled and should have been shipped last friday, my nutes should have already been packed. In the mean time a buddy of mine who is growing at the same time as me, (actually he's got a little of a head start since he is probably starting to grow today), ordered some nutes from stealth hydro after I had been told my order was assembled to ship, and he has already gotten those nutes delivered to him.

Bout to send them another email.

Alright, time for an update. I got an email last friday that my hydro equipment was being shipped. I've been tracking it and it should get here wensday. I'll be germinating tonight as well as setting up the grow area throughout the week. Will be posting pictures as well. I should be growing by the end of this week.

Anybody want picks of the germination?
Does anybody have suggestions on this? I'll be starting tonight with a wet paper towel and two plates. Do I need to put this somewhere were it can get a little bit of heat? My friend told me he puts his on a router that heats up a little.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom