First Grow

I do soil. I'm also in my first grow, but I have gained a ton of knowledge by being here. I might not be able to answer, but what you got going on.

Answer t i one of your question about j high dose of N.

You do need higher n for veg stage. Examples 12-6-6or 8-8-8. It dose not have to be a high dose. I prefer a little higher N for veg,but not a requirement. . This dose not create a female plant. Least I have never read or heard of that anywhere. I could be wrong. Growing a female is either an auto fem, clone, or pure genetics. Simply you increase your chance of female, by not creating a lot of stress, happy growing environment, and proper nutrients. Less stress better chance plus less problems, I'm in for this grow and here to help as much as I can. Just ask questions and keep up on the journal, and help will come. Great. Job. P.S. get away from mg soil or ferts.

Thankyou for the info and help. I just bought another bulb that's 55 watt 3800 lumens so I'll be up to 7600 lumens and 110 watts I know I know 100 watts for each plant is best but this should still be good. Will post pictures later when I geteverything set up. All is looking good but pot#1 is very tall and skinny which has me slightly concerned. My brothers plants have both sprouted and are looking good except one is just like mine it is tall and skinny. But that's because he was running just a small CFL bulb and is now running the same set up as mine.

No pictures of my brothers grow because it's simply too much of a hassle lol. But it's pretty much the same as mine might post pic's of his later on when his girls are flowering. Main plan is I'm going to try and keep them low stress and slightly higher nitrogen to help possibly raise their chances of being female.
I'm planing on 2 FIM cuts when plant has 5 nodes then another maybe before flowering if everything works out or may just stay with only one FIM on one plant and two on the other .
Plan on flowering after one month then 2 months flowering on a 13 off 11 hours on setting right now they are 24 hours on but first week of flowering will be 8 off and 16 on then it will be 12/12 then 13/11

Ok first there reaching for the light. You say there lanky, bring the lights down. Remember no nutes till you have true leaves. I would only top once if you only wanna veg for a month. LST also like you said. And they won't flower until it is 12-12 then after first week you can adjust to more dark time. I run mine about 8 on 16 off. I also grow outdoors so I had to be creative to get mine into flower this early. I have read in several threads,and doing my own research. That plants only need 6 to 8 hrs good light. This is just for flowering plants though. Don't want you to get mixed up on times.

20140824_020005.jpg
20140824_015944.jpg

There my two girls so far. Circle pot is plant #1 square pot is plant #3 but I'm going to start calling it #2 for now on so it will be less confusing.

Girl #1 is looking really good in the leaf department. But she looks kinda like a sunflower. So I bought another light for #2 and lowered them both down to a couple inches above the little sprouts. Hopefully this will help with the stretching!

So far no more stretching leaves are developing better/faster with extra light. But #1 seems weak. Watered a little bit and whole seedling tipped over I guess roots a poorly developed . Propped it back up and packed the soil down she's good to go. Going to spray bug poison in the closet do to spiders and a weird looking flying ant??? Both dead now and no signs of any other critters so I'm on defense now. Probably should of sprayed before growing. Going to vent the closer and spray away hopefully nothing will get on the seedlings!

I would pull the seedlings out before spraying. I get a random bug here and there in garage, but in perlite is not a real big problem. Occasional moth, but I kill them quick. I do find a lot of dead mosquitos in there.

20140824_212252.jpg

Check it out, apparently it's safe to spray on plants but I didn't. Anyone done any research about watering with honey/sugar/molasses mixed in their water? Says it helps plant/ buds and gives a smoother smoke. Myth?

20140829_222917.jpg

First of all sorry photo was sideways, it was either that or upside down. Girls are looking very good they are pretty much exactly one week old. I've been giving them plain water and water with all natural honey in it. (Idk if it actually helps any but I thought i would give it a try) idk if you can tell but the one on the left (square pot) is actually darker than the one on the right. The middle to tip of the leaves actually have a dark blue/purplish tent to them and what looks like small green scratches on them. It is also not as tall but wider (bushier) than the one on the right? Weird any ideas? They're growing pretty fast (leaf wise) I lowered the lights and they almost stopped at growing in height.

Nope can't get the bulbs sideways. I've got them about 2-3 inches above plants. And I'm not going to add anymore lights to the grow. Worried about electric bill shooting through the roof. I just looked at my brothers plants and they're about half the size of mine. He looked at mine and was like wtf Lol. Only differences between our grows is I water every night before I go to bed (pots dry out fast it gets hot in that closet) and I add honey to my water. He waters about every two days with plain water out of the sink. All four plants are the same age. I have read that honey adds nutrients/sugar to the soil that the plant uses and honey is antibacterial. I water with honey for 2 days then 2 days plain water. May mix that schedule up some. I am not over watering. They really do dry out that fast.

20140831_161052.jpg

I can't get my photos to post right side up it is extremely frustrating this website flips them around! Anyways check out that leaf it's got a weird brown spot? This one already smells like bud far prettier than my other girl. They get honey water everyday now. I'm going to start them on fertilizer soon.

surely if there just bag seeds you don't actually know whether they are female or male plants? what size is your grow space? & what bulbs will you be using in flower or will it be the same ones? you'll notice for them just two bulbs it won't make much of a difference to your elec bill especially when you eventually flower them and there only on 12/12 :goodjob: though!

No I just call them girls for good juju. No I do not check my water pH it's pretty neutral. My grow space is 5x3x4 (length x width x height in feet) those will be the only bulbs used the whole grow. I'm about to start adding ferts today it's 24-8-16. Flowering will start I'm about 2.5 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom