First grow

Blong9138

420 Member
First time growing and I have one holmbolt blue dream Auto that looks different than the rest is there something wrong with it it has more leaves on it than the rest. 5 days old from seed

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_120603730.jpg
    IMG_20191009_120603730.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 126
Hi there Blong, welcome to 420mag! Looks like you’ve got a little polyploid there. It’s a genetic mutation and it will grow fine, just could be a pain because they have so many extra leaves, but on the flip side, is cool because it will also have extra bud sites. Here a link to an older thread that discusses it. Polyploid
I’m sure you can find lots of growers and examples if you do a search for “polyploid” on here.
Hope that helps and I think you’ll find lots of help for whatever you might need here, welcome to 420!

Interesting thanks for a response,I did some reading and from what I've read alot of people say that most of the time they are males if that's the case should I get rid of it now or can I wait and see what it turns out to be

Hmm, I haven’t seen that to be true. But by all means, get more opinions than just mine! Some growers love them because they tend to produce more bud because of the extra limbs. It’s really your call in the end though. I wouldn’t cull it just for the worry of it turning out male just because I’ve seen many turn out fine and female. Some people love growing out mutants!

Back
Top Bottom