Greeenman

Hi all,
I'm 13 days into my first Grow.
I have 2 Fem auto magnum buddha seeds
11 litre pots with plant magic soil.
Getting about 11 hours direct sunlight daily.
Been watering gently with a spray bottle
Increased water today by pouring 2 litres each and won't water again until soil has dried.
I am planning to start feeding 1 tablespoon of organic unsulphered molasses once a week.
There are a couple of concerns I have which I hope you can help me with.
1. Slight brown/yellow colour on tips of leaves
2.overall droopiness
3. Stems are weak where the first few days they stretched looking for more sunlight.
I have topped up the soil around stems and added sticks to help support until the stems get stronger.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200531_152612.jpg
    20200531_152612.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200531_152546.jpg
    20200531_152546.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 130
You started a seed in an 11litre pot?
Please say you have not done the same with the other seed.
How did you germ?

Welcome on in to 420mag.
Generally starting autoflowers in their final pot is not frowned upon. Stops them from receiving any transplant shock which delays their already short life span.

Generally starting autoflowers in their final pot is not frowned upon. Stops them from receiving any transplant shock which delays their already short life span.

Exactly.

You get autos going in something like a rapid rooter, peat pellet, etc. Once roots are showing out the bottom, into the final pot they go. Period.

Thanks for your comments.
I germinated the seeds straight in to the soil of the 11 litre fabric pots and intend to keep them their as there final pots. When I researched this seemed to be the most advised way of growing autos.
I realise now that I didn't allow enough sun on the first couple of days of them breaking through the soil and they stretched. In the picture you can see the weak slightly damaged stem. Do you think the stem will strengthen and grow?

Thanks for your comments.
I germinated the seeds straight in to the soil of the 11 litre fabric pots and intend to keep them their as there final pots. When I researched this seemed to be the most advised way of growing autos.
I realise now that I didn't allow enough sun on the first couple of days of them breaking through the soil and they stretched. In the picture you can see the weak slightly damaged stem. Do you think the stem will strengthen and grow?
The stem will grow stronger again. You’ve got it propped up nicely which is good! Generally the more light you can give it the better, even if it’s just a few CFL bulbs at night will exponentially help. 24 hours of light is a common schedule for autoflowers.

The stem will grow stronger again. You’ve got it propped up nicely which is good! Generally the more light you can give it the better, even if it’s just a few CFL bulbs at night will exponentially help. 24 hours of light is a common schedule for autoflowers.
Thank you so much for your help
I have taken your advice on the lamp and now my girls are lovingly sitting under one

24 hours of light is only good for those who have shit lights to begin with. Plants can only use so much light, then they sleep; whether the light is still on or not. With proper lighting, 18/6 is plenty. With really, really good lighting you can do 16/8. It’s all about the DLI.

I would water the seedlings using a soup spoon. Scoop water up and gently pour it right at the base of the stem. This way you get water right to her roots without soaking the soil. Makes it easier to keep them from being overwatered. One of my noob mistakes was I planted a photo strain right into the soil of her final pot. I watered her that way until she got big enough to go back to regular methods.

Does anyone know why the edges of the leaves are slightly brown? I have added a zoomed in picture to make it easier to see.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-090848_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-090848_Gallery.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 100
No nutrients have been added yet but I intend to start feeding 1 teaspoon black strap mollases diluted in 2 litres of water once a week starting from when the soil fully dries

Hi all,
I'm 13 days into my first Grow.
I have 2 Fem auto magnum buddha seeds
11 litre pots with plant magic soil.
Getting about 11 hours direct sunlight daily.
Been watering gently with a spray bottle
Increased water today by pouring 2 litres each and won't water again until soil has dried.
I am planning to start feeding 1 tablespoon of organic unsulphered molasses once a week.
There are a couple of concerns I have which I hope you can help me with.
1. Slight brown/yellow colour on tips of leaves
2.overall droopiness
3. Stems are weak where the first few days they stretched looking for more sunlight.
I have topped up the soil around stems and added sticks to help support until the stems get stronger.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated
Thanks in advanc
Mine looked exactly like that but trust me you'll be surprised how strong they become. My first grow is outside and I've learnt so much,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice so far and give you all an update pic.
I think she is looking pretty healthy and happy.
What do you think? 15 day old auto.

Attachments

• 20200602_110324.jpg
    20200602_110324.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 108

I just bought two 50 watt full spectrum leds to put my girls under in the evening and on cloudy days. What do you think of this height ? I still have a problem with weak stems but am continuing to support with soil and will be putting a fan on lightly to help encourage strengthening. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200603_110703.jpg
    20200603_110703.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200603_110723.jpg
    20200603_110723.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 114
I just bought two 50 watt full spectrum leds to put my girls under in the evening and on cloudy days. What do you think of this height ? I still have a problem with weak stems but am continuing to support with soil and will be putting a fan on lightly to help encourage strengthening. Thanks
Great job. The height of the light depends. Light loses its strength exponentially as you move away from it. So the closer to the lights you can get them the stronger the light. A trick I use for LEDs is to use the back of your hand if it’s too hot for your hand it’s too hot for your pant.
Play around with the lights and figure out what’s the best. The oscillations fan will help strengthen the stem perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom