First Grow

migreengenes

420 Member
Hello! This is my first attempt at growing cannabis, and I am not sure if they are ready to harvest...I am an avid gardener outdoors, never indoors and this the first time I have grown anything needing so much care. I see some amber trichomes here and there, but I still have white pistils. I asked 2 separate growers and one said they are ready to harvest, the other said 2 more weeks... every question I have had I seem to find all different answers, lol. Posting a few pics below from each plant (I apologize if they’re a bit blurry, I can’t hold my hand still), and here’s some info:
They are in week 7 of flower
All feminized, grown from Nirvana seeds
Strains: Nebula CBD, Zkittlez, GG#4 (og), and Wonder Woman
Lights:12/12
Humidity has been 45-48
Temp has been 72-79 during the day and 66-69 at night
Growing in coco
Ph is 5.9-6.3 on every plant
gave water tonight with a little bit of sweet stash.

Also, do they look okay? I wondered if I left them longer if they would fill out more. I watch videos of buds the length of forearms and it makes me feel these are smaller than they should be. Thanks ahead for any advice!

39A31C3E-8623-482B-9728-5F2FDFCE26F1.jpeg

139FACE8-16DD-4EE6-925D-E18450EB4048.jpeg

481FF650-8517-450E-8DCD-079FD977096F.jpeg

D3C693FD-C3C8-4F05-85AD-97E10C071EED.jpeg

A0EA5AA9-CFE4-41D0-8D17-8C2355617F15.jpeg

BB4FF0B2-0273-44B0-BB24-C8B1CBD99336.jpeg

8F732DC3-E699-4B36-AE96-5915CD055CF7.jpeg

63A673E9-7241-4BB1-B030-D421E4AB0CF5.jpeg

1564FC8F-1A58-4B2F-88EC-8E59D57FD960.jpeg

D950C51C-D4C0-4251-A636-21593F055699.jpeg

Welcome to 420, to me it seems like she still has time. what did the packaging say as far as how many days till harvest?
Nicely done, are they autos or photos?

Lol, Im sorry, don’t know what you mean by autos or photos. The packages of all except the Wonder Woman say 6-8 weeks, the Wonder Woman was 8-10. I have only smoked once or twice in 30+years, but my son convinced me to try growing some for personal use. I have rheumatoid arthritis, had breast cancer 9 months ago, and starting to get aches and pains with getting older (51). I’m not really looking to get high as much as I would like a good night sleep and to relieve pain. The nebula cbd seeds said they had 4-7% of each thc and cbd. That was the highest cbd I saw for sale, hoping it helps. Thank you for the opinions and the photos. That really helps.
will the trichomes continue to mature the 48 hours that the lights are supposed to be off before harvesting?

sry to hear about your health condition
photoperiods or auto plants. Photoperiod plants are the once that act to the light cycle and auto plants just grow to harvest regardless of the clock cycle. Hope that makes sense.

As fars your trichomes, I think naughty professor has done a fabulous job with the picture.
Maybe @Emilya can put her two cents in this.

Hi greengenes,

Welcome to 420. The ones with fresh spiked up pistils still have 2 to 4 weeks to go. As the plant nears the harvest window the pistils will change colors or darken plus shrivel up and recede. The pistils are an external indicator of ripeness but the battle is won or lost based on trich colors.

The trichs start clear, turn cloudy then go amber. They don’t all change colors at once tho, it’s a gradual shift. To see the trichs well enough to determine colors you will need much more than a simple magnifying glass. A jewelers loupe or pocket microscope is useful for finding mite eggs etc as well as viewing trichs - they are pretty cheap but it’s an essential tool.

Your plants look great, don’t compare your first grow results with those of another grower, you will develop more skills with every harvest!

sry to hear about your health condition
photoperiods or auto plants. Photoperiod plants are the once that act to the light cycle and auto plants just grow to harvest regardless of the clock cycle. Hope that makes sense.

As fars your trichomes, I think naughty professor has done a fabulous job with the picture.
Maybe @Emilya can put her two cents in this.
Thank you for explaining. They are photos. We changed lights to 12/12 to get them to flower. This has been an amazing journey growing these. The weather up here in Michigan is getting chilly, and it feels so great to go in the grow room and garden under the warm lights!

Hi greengenes,

Welcome to 420. The ones with fresh spiked up pistils still have 2 to 4 weeks to go. As the plant nears the harvest window the pistils will change colors or darken plus shrivel up and recede. The pistils are an external indicator of ripeness but the battle is won or lost based on trich colors.

The trichs start clear, turn cloudy then go amber. They don’t all change colors at once tho, it’s a gradual shift. To see the trichs well enough to determine colors you will need much more than a simple magnifying glass. A jewelers loupe or pocket microscope is useful for finding mite eggs etc as well as viewing trichs - they are pretty cheap but it’s an essential tool.

Your plants look great, don’t compare your first grow results with those of another grower, you will develop more skills with every harvest!
Thank you! I will watch both the trichomes and pistils. So if some are ready before others do you think I should I cut them or wait for all 8 to finish? Do most people only grow one type so that they don’t run into different finishing times?

Thank you! I will watch both the trichomes and pistils. So if some are ready before others do you think I should I cut them or wait for all 8 to finish? Do most people only grow one type so that they don’t run into different finishing times?
i thread every plant for it self. So have a look, if you see one plant is ready but other aren't then take the one that's ready and leave the rest until their complete.

PK is correct - treat each one differently. A common mistake is many people think because their plants are all Gorilla Glue #4 or whatever strain that all the plants will be identical, the fact is they are not identical so yes treat each one as a unique individual and harvest based on ripeness of each plant.

Also the 2 to 4 weeks mentioned above was merely a ball park estimate on my part... could be less could be more.

Back
Top Bottom