First Grow

BudGeek1257

Any helpful info is appreciated.

71ECA972-DF8A-47D3-8855-4839E98D2989.jpeg

0D888D45-BBFF-4C24-AFCB-F7E0DEFFD800.jpeg

5CA016CE-7F76-49F7-BB6E-D5EA72354258.jpeg

5C1E4D54-19FB-436E-935F-3994833B5C45.jpeg

5B800B0B-7276-4A66-8D4B-9B42E6F97DAD.jpeg

In that last photo it looks like some powdery mildew on one of you’re leaves. Keep an eye out for that. The culprit of that might be it’s too wet. One of the first photos you posted with lots of water on the leaves. Try and avoid getting lots of water on the plant… I know, I know, easier said then done sometimes when grown outside. Looking pretty good other then that. Few more weeks to go yet.

In that last photo it looks like some powdery mildew on one of you’re leaves. Keep an eye out for that. The culprit of that might be it’s too wet. One of the first photos you posted with lots of water on the leaves. Try and avoid getting lots of water on the plant… I know, I know, easier said then done sometimes when grown outside. Looking pretty good other then that. Few more weeks to go yet.
Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to keep an eye out. We’re expecting some rain this weekend. Those pics were early morning and the drops are from morning dew that fell off while I was checking out the plant for bugs and mildew. And yeah I’m not sure when it’ll be ready. I was thinking maybe mid- late October.

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to keep an eye out. We’re expecting some rain this weekend. Those pics were early morning and the drops are from morning dew that fell off while I was checking out the plant for bugs and mildew. And yeah I’m not sure when it’ll be ready. I was thinking maybe mid- late October.
First your plant looks great! I think you're about right on when they'll be ready. Keep up the mold/mildew watch, as the buds swell it will become more of an issue, you might consider throwing some clear plastic over the plants if you know it's going to rain, but don't leave it on in the sunshine.

First your plant looks great! I think you're about right on when they'll be ready. Keep up the mold/mildew watch, as the buds swell it will become more of an issue, you might consider throwing some clear plastic over the plants if you know it's going to rain, but don't leave it on in the sunshine.
Will do. just checked the weather again and its not calling for rain for another 2 weeks now. So she should be ok for now. Im guessing shes a sativa dominant judging by size and bud structure.

HELP! Somethings wrong with my plants now. Not sure what’s going on. Any idea? This has popped up over night. In person it looks like something is webbing up my plant. No spots or any other signs or spider mites. Plant doesn’t get real wet either. It’s pretty dry here in Texas so I wouldn’t suspect bud rot… at least I hope not…

D07583AC-8F73-431C-BD11-AB19F714EB1E.jpeg

244A6FEF-CAC4-4409-93B3-73FDF226EDB6.jpeg

B7964813-D4CD-4E60-9112-06AF5D9E55B2.jpeg

267BC99D-2802-41B4-80BC-2EE1AE549C99.jpeg

I’ve removed the infected bud. Lost a whole stem and about a handful or so of bud and leaves. Noticed quite a bit of black spec-like bugs around the webbed areas. Spider mites?

8E58AD52-ABBB-4BB0-99C1-91125FE7DC1D.png

DDDADD24-2E32-441C-A0DF-BBA32B3BE8CC.jpeg

68FA98E7-8F36-448B-B803-3B3D67B6E388.jpeg

2AD1793C-5F9D-426D-A0CB-59C6FA2774AD.jpeg

34358810-C314-44E9-BB55-D36756CED69D.jpeg

945A8DED-2D2B-46BC-AE52-8113BF9F3690.png

Looks like botrytis (bud rot). I see the "webs", but I don't see typical spider mite leaf damage. That may be botrytis sporing out. Also, in the pic with the scissors, the red thing, is that a ladybug? If so good, if not it could be hard scale, but Idon't think that's your issue. As late as you are in flower I don't know what, if any, treatment will work. Hopefully someone else will have an idea. Usually when I deal with it I just do like you did and cut out infected areas (disinfect your cutting tools with bleach/water after each cut), but botrytis is fast growing and nasty to deal with, it can ruin your whole crop. Be vigilant, but you may have to consider an earlier than optimum chop if it starts to go crazy. Need some ideas/help growers!! Looks like it's been kinda wet, botrytis loves humidity.

I believe I’ve gotten all the rotten bud out. Tried to clean out all “webs”. This is pretty upsetting considering they have really taken off this last week and are beginning to become really dense. She’s done great so far with dealing with pests and weather conditions. She’s really been thriving these last couple weeks.

Looks like botrytis (bud rot). I see the "webs", but I don't see typical spider mite leaf damage. That may be botrytis sporing out. Also, in the pic with the scissors, the red thing, is that a ladybug? If so good, if not it could be hard scale, but Idon't think that's your issue. As late as you are in flower I don't know what, if any, treatment will work. Hopefully someone else will have an idea. Usually when I deal with it I just do like you did and cut out infected areas (disinfect your cutting tools with bleach/water after each cut), but botrytis is fast growing and nasty to deal with, it can ruin your whole crop. Be vigilant, but you may have to consider an earlier than optimum chop if it starts to go crazy. Need some ideas/help growers!! Looks like it's been kinda wet, botrytis loves humidity.
Ok. So recently ive been fighting it. I think ive came across the culprit. While my heart was breaking trimming off some of the buds that are infected, I ran across this little guy. When I picked him up, he spun a web that connected to my scissors and fell and I watched him try to climb back up the web. Any idea what this is, how to deal with it/them, and why on earth are they filling my plant with webs?

I believe I’ve gotten all the rotten bud out. Tried to clean out all “webs”. This is pretty upsetting considering they have really taken off this last week and are beginning to become really dense. She’s done great so far with dealing with pests and weather conditions. She’s really been thriving these last couple weeks.

63F9A4DE-E1C6-4714-B749-4B24F0CB44BC.jpeg

50359033-13E0-4571-A64D-F9050672594D.jpeg

CAF67EE0-5B63-420E-905A-3FB41DDE5131.jpeg

Was told it’s an army worm by a guy from Lowe’s over the phone. I believe he’s correct and he said this is safe to use and is fast acting. Any idea?
(Lowe’s guy isn’t aware that they are weed plants lol)

61BD0791-E4D1-4571-BCF5-3BD166F08CAA.jpeg

Any thoughts on any of these new problems?

I would not use that spectracide, not with 3 months effectiveness, that's leaving some residue on, or even in, the plant. The other thing is while it may say it's suitable for food crops after a certain period, I doubt very much that anyone has done any research into what those residual chemicals turn into when you BURN THEM. I think your best best is spinosad, which is a bacteria that kills the catepillars. But read the instructions/uses very well.

Woah - that stuff looks nasty; 3 months control??
I assume you will be thoroughly washing and rinsing any bud or putting it through the dishwasher
Yes. I was informed about a 3 bucket wash with the first bucket being a mixture of baking soda and water or peroxide and water then a double rinse of plain water in the other buckets then hang them to dry. I am very limited here in a small town. Don’t really have the time to order being that I’m losing crop almost daily from these worms. Picked up the insecticide and it seems to have worked pretty well. I haven’t seen any advance in symptoms yet.

I would not use that spectracide, not with 3 months effectiveness, that's leaving some residue on, or even in, the plant. The other thing is while it may say it's suitable for food crops after a certain period, I doubt very much that anyone has done any research into what those residual chemicals turn into when you BURN THEM. I think your best best is spinosad, which is a bacteria that kills the catepillars. But read the instructions/uses very well.
Well I have already used it earlier. I was informed about a 3 bucket wash with the first bucket being a mixture of baking soda and water or peroxide and water then a double rinse of plain water in the other buckets then hang them to dry. I am very limited here in a small town. Don’t really have the time to order being that I’m losing crop almost daily from these worms. Picked up the insecticide and it seems to have worked pretty well. I haven’t seen any advance in symptoms yet. I’ll be doing to wash before drying the buds out. Hopefully I don’t run across any other problems. I really hate to use chemicals on my plants. I like the organicness to the whole process.

Back
Top Bottom