First grow

Thanx be irie
I cant believe i got this far

they are only 2 gals. they are just stacked up on other buckets. i couldn't fit four 5gal buckets in my grow area they are too wide, I tried lol.

i found some 3 gals that are the same width as the 2's ill try those for next time.
You should check out grocery store bakeries that is where i get mine ,for free, they have 1-5 gallons usually.

do you think that 2 gals. space will be enough to get let them get mature buds?

Hmmm, that is going to be close.... How tall were they when you changed the lights? Maybe for your next round you could cut the bottom out of one and stack it on another one. Could give you around four gallons.. I happened to go into a circuit city that was going out of business and right in front they had my 6 gallon buckets for I think 2 for 5 bucks...I got a bunch of them

6 gallons damn how tall do your plants get?

when i went 12/12 two of them were between 7" - 8" an the others were 4"-5"
I have bigger containers but i was trying to keep from transplanting again.
I was thinking to flower between 6 an 8 weeks.

looks like i got 2 girls one top44 and the nor cal and 1 boy the other top 44 and one still unknown and they are growing fast.

I am curious if there is a good guide line to how long i can keep the male in my grow before its pollen becomes a problem. I'm thinking to set up a make shift flowering chamber for the male with just CFLs to collect some pollen.

ill try to get some pics of them in the nest couple of days

here are some pics of the kids these are the top 44 strain. the seed bank i got them from said they would be ready in 44days under a 1000W light so under a 400W its kinda close the female showed sex B4 12/12 and I think it has only been about 2 months total

this is the male
P4130002.JPG

this is the female you can just barely make out the pistils coming out the the sides of the top node ( ill get a closer shot when i figure out how to crop photos)
P4130001.JPG

Thanx for the complements guys!
This has been hard but satisfying. Flowering and harvesting will be a challenge.

l8tnightskunk-I don't think I have seen any pistils only pollen sacs There is a big cluster at the top that might be giving the impression of female flowers.

pan4gold49- Like the Rubbermaid storage containers? Hmmm do they come in small sizes?
Oh i looked at your Amsterdam pics very nice. When were you there? I have only been once but I love that city. Hopefully all the smokers in North America can get together someday and be able to hang out like in the Dam.

Have either of you guys made hash or butter out of a male?

Update the other unknown was a boy. So I separated the boys from the girls and made the boys their own ghetto box. :0
I put a 68 watt 4200 lumen CFL in it. I know I could have put 3 23 watt one in there and got a few more lumens but the novelty size of the bulb was too much for me to resist here are a few pics

My novelty size bulb
P4140003.JPG

P4140004.JPG

The bachelor pad outside
P4150005.JPG

and a pic of all the immenities
P4150006.JPG

P4150006.JPG

if i have the money im gonna try to set something up more permanent maybe use it as a cloning chamber after the summer cuz it gets to damn hot to grow in my place.

pan4gold49-thanx for the info im gonna keep a close eye on them

l8tnightskunk-thanx i was watching trailer park boys while I was cutting up the cardboard they helped inspire the way it looks lol

Ya the first one to go male is about 20 inches now it was like 10in 10 days ago it just took off in the last couple of days but its like 70% stalk lol
But the bad news is i think the nor cal is a hermi the top nodes have female pistils and the bottom have what look like pollen sacks so im might say bye bye to my other boys and put the hermi into the ghetto box but im gonna take a another few days b4 i decide here is a pic

sorry but im still trying to get a handle on taking close ups but i did find the cropping option on picasa
On the left is the female preflower and on the right is what looks like a male one and below this node all i see are what look like male flowers and all the nodes above it are female buds starting so im gonna give hem few more days b4 I change up my set up
What do you guys think?
P4150013.JPG

your right you can berly notice the female preflowers in the pic but you can berly see them and i also see the lil ball, your right maybe a hermie. But yeah put her in the box you never know what might happen maybe she/he will want to go back to full female

Ya I think that is what I'm gonna do which means that the boys are gonna have to go but ill save some of their pollen for future grows. I think the temp issues in my grow space was the killer on the male to female ratio. among other things LOL!

I was wondering since the female is starting to flower after about a 10 days into 12/12 is it to late to make an attempt at a transplant in to a 4-5 gallon container. Unfortunately I didn't have room for all 4 of them in bigger containers in the box. I ask because there is a huge root ball coming out of one of the holes in the bottom of the top bucket sitting in the over flow water below.

be irie- you were right about 2 gallons pushing it for flowering

If i was you i would do it but as soon as possible. I say its better now that later into 12/12. I think the plant would benefit from it greatly because you say theres a huge rootball coming out. I think it would be best for the plant and roots. Just be real careful when doing it that way you wont shock the plant make sure you slowly turn it upside down and have the other container ready

well the thing is the roots are too big to fit back through the drain hole its coming out of so i would have to cut the bucket apart. I know, it sucks cuz she is my only 100% girl. Ill post a pic of my dilemma tomorrow when she is awake.

thanx again for the support l8tnightskunk :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom