Hi PGR. I'd clip off those yellow leaves. Did you buy the basic kit? Small bottles? If you have 22 or 44 bucks I'd suggest getting a quart of trans bad a quart of GE. You plants need a very heavy feeding. I know it seems wasteful but 30ml of trans plus 5ml of tea in 2.5 gallons of water is what I would give next if I were you. Trans is more important at this stage than growth. Once you up the feedings you will see a marked improvement!

:passitleft:

Hey PGR, make sure to follow the kit instructions and do what ween suggested, since your plants are so hungry. I had to pick up more Trans and am currently out of GI myself, so def take that into account.

Same thing happened to me, I was accidentally feeding at too low of a dose and my plants were really under preforming. Once I figured out my drenches were too light my plants took off.

I said the same thing about dunking but it's really not a waste. Some plants can take up to 2ml-3ml of GI/Trans per gal of soil. At 2ml per gal of soil, to dunk 4 plants in1gal pots should only need 16ml of drench (since we double up for dunking) and the plants dont need water again for many days. 16ml to drench 4 plants isn't really that bad, especially with how slow they dry out.

If your really set on not dunking: I know once in flower its hard to dunk so Doc recommends putting half the drench down the top and half in a saucer to soak up from the bottom. I personally dunk until i transplant but may be better then just top watering.

Edit: looking back a page and it looks like I may still be off with my drench dosages. Not sure if i should be vegging with 30ml of drench? Pm sent for clarification on my drench strengths.

:welcome: Welcome to my new journal :welcome:

-First time growing in ''The Kit''

Seeds planted: 21MAR2018

Finally have the chance to try out Doc's kit, I don't have access to the recommended peat and EWC, so this will be euro style High Brix and this is what went in:

1 bag First-Run
125L organic peat moss from Pindstrup
15-17 kg worm humus from Los Ridella
A generous amount of perlite

RO water

Thanks to Doc for helping out choosing the ingredients, and for a pleasant buying experience :thanks:

More soil and perlite went in after this :)

The soil's been cooking in the slightly cold basement for about a month and a half, and yesterday I filled up four 4L fabric pots with soil and brought them up the grow room to warm the soil a little before putting the seeds in.

Today I prepared the soil for the seeds (hopefully close to the instructions) and the 4 feminized seeds went in:

Forbidden Jelly from In House Genetics (Forbidden Fruit x Jelly Breath)

Crystal Cookies from In House Genetics (Platinum GSC x Animal Cookies)

Banana Crack from Holy Smoke (Banana Sativa x Green Crack)

Malawi from Ace (Landrace Sativa)

So still hunting for trichs and terps, and the Malawi adds some sativa fun to the show, and hopefully some very heady ganja to the stash ;)
The Banana Crack was a last call, I had already chosen another, but I've fallen for this strain and its banana terps (I am SOOO gonna grow their Banana Sativa next time)

The setup:

Homebox Evolution Q120 Grow Tent - 120cm x 120cm (4'x4')

Solar & Palau TD-Silent 350/125 extraction fan

Prima Klima carbon Filter 420 m3/h

Acoustic ducting and mini silencer

Secret Jardin Monkey Fan

4x qb288 Quantum Boards 3000K - 4x 288 Samsung LM561C (S06 bin) diodes

1x Samsung Q-series linear light strip DIY lamp 3000K (9x 1' strips) - 180 Samsung LM301B (S04 bin) diodes

I'll start the plants up under my newly constructed test build DIY lamp using the top diode on the market, when the plants get bigger they each get a board to play with :cool:

Dusted with Roots! and watered with 1,5L RO water with 4 drops of Transplant

Now the waiting game begins :volcano-smiley:

Feel free to comment, ask questions or give advice

:passitleft:
Damn son impressive start im in to read and catch up . Docs high brix first timer eh how has the support been buddy ?

Hi PGR. I'd clip off those yellow leaves. Did you buy the basic kit? Small bottles? If you have 22 or 44 bucks I'd suggest getting a quart of trans bad a quart of GE. You plants need a very heavy feeding. I know it seems wasteful but 30ml of trans plus 5ml of tea in 2.5 gallons of water is what I would give next if I were you. Trans is more important at this stage than growth. Once you up the feedings you will see a marked improvement!

Thanks ween :passitleft:

Tips already look slightly greener on two of the plants :)

Yes, I bought the basic kit, and I would buy some more, but I have to pay $65 for shipping and some import fees, so I'd like to wait until I'm ready for my next full HB order ;)

They're each fully saturated by one litre (25% pot size), so I'll cut it down to around one gallon total for the 4 plants with ~8ml Transplant and 3ml Tea, does that sound like a plan?

I said the same thing about dunking but it's really not a waste. Some plants can take up to 2ml-3ml of GI/Trans per gal of soil. At 2ml per gal of soil, to dunk 4 plants in1gal pots should only need 16ml of drench (since we double up for dunking) and the plants dont need water again for many days. 16ml to drench 4 plants isn't really that bad, especially with how slow they dry out.

Thanks Rich, helps a lot :passitleft:

If your really set on not dunking: I know once in flower its hard to dunk so Doc recommends putting half the drench down the top and half in a saucer to soak up from the bottom. I personally dunk until i transplant but may be better then just top watering.

They're in fabric pots in a tray, so they'll wick up the run off in no time :)

Damn son impressive start im in to read and catch up . Docs high brix first timer eh how has the support been buddy ?

Welcome joe :passitleft:

Support is overwhelming, and comes from people who don't get paid nothing but a few pics of a lady revealing her special parts :)

Looks like you have some killer strains and a very nice set up. I love organic growing I’m subbed :ganjamon:

Thanks and welcome :passitleft:

Thanks ween :passitleft:

Tips already look slightly greener on two of the plants :)

Yes, I bought the basic kit, and I would buy some more, but I have to pay $65 for shipping and some import fees, so I'd like to wait until I'm ready for my next full HB order ;)

They're each fully saturated by one litre (25% pot size), so I'll cut it down to around one gallon total for the 4 plants with ~8ml Transplant and 3ml Tea, does that sound like a plan?

Thanks Rich, helps a lot :passitleft:

They're in fabric pots in a tray, so they'll wick up the run off in no time :)

Welcome joe :passitleft:

Support is overwhelming, and comes from people who don't get paid nothing but a few pics of a lady revealing her special parts :)

Thanks and welcome :passitleft:
Sounds like my kind of army

I dont understand why you would abandon the grow? Could you not top dress with some ewc and just water? Or make an ACT to feed them along? I know thats not the high brix methodology, but seems silly to give up on your grow this far along.... May not be high brix final product, but i still landed myself some decent quality stuff from keeping it simple with good soil and water.

I dont understand why you would abandon the grow? Could you not top dress with some ewc and just water? Or make an ACT to feed them along? I know thats not the high brix methodology, but seems silly to give up on your grow this far along.... May not be high brix final product, but i still landed myself some decent quality stuff from keeping it simple with good soil and water.

Thanks for the suggestion :passitleft:

Without enough product it won't work well enough for my needs, anything not top shelf will be ''given'' away ;)
I hate not finishing stuff I started, but not as much as I hate doing something half-assed :)

Cutting the plants up for clones would give me at least 8 clones of each strain which in SoG could be ready for harvest ~12 weeks after cutting.
Not like a lot is wasted, I'm still gonna use the remaining soil and some of the products, when I'm done with my upcoming phenohunt I can make a big HB order and do it properly ;)

Sorry it's not working out for you PGR! I hope you will not give up on the kit. When you have some extra funds, just get a quart of transplant and a quart of growth. Those are the things that run out quickly, especially if you need to do a super or rescue drench or have heavy feeders. I use so much TP that I consider buying a gallon of it but if I did, it'd probably last forever, ha! :rofl:

...When you have some extra funds, just get a quart of transplant and a quart of growth. Those are the things that run out quickly, especially if you need to do a super or rescue drench or have heavy feeders. I use so much TP that I consider buying a gallon of it but if I did, it'd probably last forever, ha! :rofl:

I'm on the cusp of ordering my next round in gallons, but I like the freshness of ordering more often and shipping is so fast...I'll stick with quarts. I DO order my dry ingredients in bulk too.

I'm on the cusp of ordering my next round in gallons, but I like the freshness of ordering more often and shipping is so fast...I'll stick with quarts. I DO order my dry ingredients in bulk too.

I do too Gov, just less often than the drenches. I bought the regular kit, then bought the bulk kit and will have enough destress and Brix until the end of time, ha! I do hate splitting up the dry stuff, wish it came in bulk kits already split into individual packages, I suppose I could just buy 4 small packs, ha!

Back
Top Bottom