First hydro grow and having trouble: Please help!

Todd gunter

I purchased a 6 bucket 3 gallon dwc system and set it all up and my transplant went well and then 24 hrs later they all went limp. So I went and researched and found that I had given to much nutes. So I went with a 1/4 of the previous amount and they came back around and started doing great so it came time to change my water which I thought was every week and it seems that that isn’t quite necessary. So I changed my water and up the nutes a bit and it got droopy again so I was curious to see what my ph was and it was 7.8 and I had it at 5.8 24 hours earlier, Why is my ph going bezerk overnight. Also is it a must to have a water chiller cause my set up did not come set up for one, but it was a highly rated set up. Just frustrated cause nothing is going right.

I purchased a 6 bucket 3 gallon dwc system and set it all up and my transplant went well and then 24 hrs later they all went limp. So I went and researched and found that I had given to much nutes. So I went with a 1/4 of the previous amount and they came back around and started doing great so it came time to change my water which I thought was every week and it seems that that isn’t quite necessary. So I changed my water and up the nutes a bit and it got droopy again so I was curious to see what my ph was and it was 7.8 and I had it at 5.8 24 hours earlier, Why is my ph going bezerk overnight. Also is it a must to have a water chiller cause my set up did not come set up for one, but it was a highly rated set up. Just frustrated cause nothing is going right.
What type of nutrients are you using, some are more temperamental than others general hydroponics is synthetic but holds p.h. steady. There are many causes of p.h. fluctuation such as chlorinated water your nutrients will changes your p.h. every time you add them to your water and another common cause is poor mixing when you're getting the main reservoir or individual reservoirs started, also temperatures in your reservoir can cause lock outs of some nutrients lettings your plant pull up others changing the general concentration of all of the previously mixed nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom