First hydro grow questions

babydill87

ok so ive grown in dirt 6cfl diy light ficture well ive decided i want start a hydro grow. i want to go with a 600w hps hung verticle cool tube ect. and gonna be getting World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder autoflower for first grow then get some different strains later on. now i know it depends on grower and all that fun stuff but im unsure on what to do for nutes water(really hard water where im at) ?rockwool medium? and the easiest system to do so please i know im leaving ALOT open here and feel almost clueless on all of it ive done research and looked into some of the hydro methods please just some input on what a beginner at hydro should do.

Follow several hydro grows in the journal section, read the post here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Pick up a book or two, I like the Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible.

As far as nutes go, there are too many to cover. Everyone has an opinion on which is best. There are a few brands that have hard water formulas. I have hard water (460ppm) so I use R/O water to minimize salt build up. I suggest starting off using a 2 or 3 part product and hold off on buying a lot of extras until you get a feel for the process. Then add one or two products slowly to your regimen until you get dialed in. It may take several grows to get your perfect mix set. Be patient.

What type of hydro setup are you going to use? If you are using DWC I would go with hydroton, ebb and flow, or flood table then I would consider rock wool. For hempy I like a coco-perlite mix.

You have a ton of options. The first step is to decide on a grow style, everything else will go from there.

Good luck.

ok so decided to go with a undercurrent DWC 600w hps with sure to grow media now its for the nutes more than likely gonna go with the as seen on WEEDS advanced nutrients beginner package just unsure where to start with the autoflowing type bud once i have all of it all set up im going to start a grow journal still trying to figure out if the area i have decided to grow in is going to be Tall enough for all of this to work "crossed fingers" if its as tall as it is from the outside its about 5.25ft tall with my buckets being 16 inches tall and a verticle hung HPS what would your opinions be on this

I like the undercurrent concept. I plan on building a large one in the next year (I should have the space for it in a few months). As far as height is concerned, I just pulled 1-1/4 lb out of a space 4 feet tall, so height isn't too much of a factor if you can control the plants. Read up on LST and SCROG, both are effective ways to keep the canopy even and at a certain height.

Also, most autoflowers are short plants to begin with, so height shouldn't be an issue.

I don't have any experience with AN but many growers here swear by them. Just follow the instructions (I know a lot of growers start out at half strength and then work their way up)

Best of luck on the grow.

ok so ive grown in dirt 6cfl diy light ficture well ive decided i want start a hydro grow. i want to go with a 600w hps hung verticle cool tube ect. and gonna be getting World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder autoflower for first grow then get some different strains later on. now i know it depends on grower and all that fun stuff but im unsure on what to do for nutes water(really hard water where im at) ?rockwool medium? and the easiest system to do so please i know im leaving ALOT open here and feel almost clueless on all of it ive done research and looked into some of the hydro methods please just some input on what a beginner at hydro should do.

Hey I just started growing not long ago and also started off my setup with some autos and wish I had just gone with a regular strain...For one, I found that the time seed company says it takes it never true and by the time both of my auto grows were done, my buddy who started his regular operation at the same time was cropping his too and with far better yields...Just an opinion and you may want to look into it a bit before you do go with autos:thumb:

ya did my last one with autos aswell with not much yield so my actual intention is to at the same time start some mothers and work up from there. cheeper to start with 3 seeds and clone than twelve seeds but with the autos can still get somewhat of a harvest and play with the system tweaking it where i need to since it will all b diy

Back
Top Bottom