First Indoor 200-250W CFL With Auto Dark Devils

Ignotus

Hi all!

This is my first indoor grow and thought id document it, as Ive had so much fun reading through everyone else's grows.

I'll be growing in a small 2 x 2 x 4 grow tent, with a 4 inch fan and 100mm cheapie carbon filter, extracting outside my garden shed.

Lighting is a 200w CFL at 6500k and a 200w CFL at 2700k. I will also supplement with 2 small 27w 6500k CFL's during flowering if i think they need it.

The reason behind the budget build is simply space. I didn't want to set up anything in my house, and i didn't want anything too large to hide in my shed for when eager relatives come around. It's pretty well hidden now, the only concern is heat. That's why I've gone for the CFL's instead of MH or HPS. Australian summers are hot, and my shed can hit 40 degrees Celsius pretty easy. Tent temps are around 24-29 at the moment so i'll run an 18-6 light schedule throughout (because of the autos) and keep the lights off from 11am-5pm to reduce daytime heat.

I'll be starting off with two Sweet Seeds auto Dark Devil feminised seeds. These are a hybrid Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, with a short flowering time of 57-63 days (so it says).

20180130_154428.jpg

I soaked them in warm water for 24 hours and they sprouted well.
I've put them into 10.5l square pots, which i think should be perfect for my small area. Keeping these under control may be hard being autos, but i'm thinking i might scrog them if they grow too tall, until they start flowering. That way i can try and keep the height under control, but i'll play it by ear. I've also considered lst.. but again, i'll see how fast they grow as apparently they start flowering around 3 weeks in.

My nutrients of choice are CANNA Bio Vega and Flora, and the growing medium is CANNA Terra Professional. Trying to keep it as natural as possible without having to make life hard on myself. I'll also be using plain tap water, and maybe filtered water (particle and carbon) although i've read this may mean i'll have to add cal-mag to make up for it. I have a cheap PH soil tester from the hardware shop that reads 6.5 ish in my wetted soil.

20180130_154449.jpg

So please follow along, and any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated!

20180130_154814.jpg
20180130_154756.jpg
20180130_155007.jpg
20180130_155300.jpg
20180130_161426.jpg

Hi all!

This is my first indoor grow and thought id document it, as Ive had so much fun reading through everyone else's grows.

I'll be growing in a small 2 x 2 x 4 grow tent, with a 4 inch fan and 100mm cheapie carbon filter, extracting outside my garden shed.

Lighting is a 200w CFL at 6500k and a 200w CFL at 2700k. I will also supplement with 2 small 27w 6500k CFL's during flowering if i think they need it.

The reason behind the budget build is simply space. I didn't want to set up anything in my house, and i didn't want anything too large to hide in my shed for when eager relatives come around. It's pretty well hidden now, the only concern is heat. That's why I've gone for the CFL's instead of MH or HPS. Australian summers are hot, and my shed can hit 40 degrees Celsius pretty easy. Tent temps are around 24-29 at the moment so i'll run an 18-6 light schedule throughout (because of the autos) and keep the lights off from 11am-5pm to reduce daytime heat.

I'll be starting off with two Sweet Seeds auto Dark Devil feminised seeds. These are a hybrid Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, with a short flowering time of 57-63 days (so it says).

20180130_154428.jpg

I soaked them in warm water for 24 hours and they sprouted well.
I've put them into 10.5l square pots, which i think should be perfect for my small area. Keeping these under control may be hard being autos, but i'm thinking i might scrog them if they grow too tall, until they start flowering. That way i can try and keep the height under control, but i'll play it by ear. I've also considered lst.. but again, i'll see how fast they grow as apparently they start flowering around 3 weeks in.

My nutrients of choice are CANNA Bio Vega and Flora, and the growing medium is CANNA Terra Professional. Trying to keep it as natural as possible without having to make life hard on myself. I'll also be using plain tap water, and maybe filtered water (particle and carbon) although i've read this may mean i'll have to add cal-mag to make up for it. I have a cheap PH soil tester from the hardware shop that reads 6.5 ish in my wetted soil.

20180130_154449.jpg

So please follow along, and any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated!

20180130_154814.jpg
20180130_154756.jpg
20180130_155007.jpg
20180130_155300.jpg
20180130_161426.jpg
They've broken through, although not sure if I'd call it day one yet. I think tomorrow will be officially the start of the grow.

I've added a couple of small usb fans for airflow and also taken the carbon filter off for now, as i think it might be restricting my pitiful exhaust fan. That will definitely be my first upgrade once i get through one or two grows.
0292218cb5a9996c731a0d60dbe94f6b.jpg

Ok so i'm officially calling it Day 1.

Not overly happy with the airflow at the moment. I think the biggest problem is my reflector is almost as wide as my tent, so the warm air is getting trapped down there. As long as the days stay fairly mild i should be ok.

I've now got a small usb fan drawing air in through one of the vent holes, which is working well. I also have another small fan blowing over the girls and stirring up the air.

My two edison cables arrived today for my supplementary lighting, so I've turned off the 200 watt and plugged in the two 28 watt CFL's for vegging for a week or so. I'd love to know if this is worth while or if i should just let the 200 Watt CFL do it's thing?

I already wish i had a bigger tent, but it's all good... small steps!

20180202_160025.jpg
20180202_144324.jpg
20180202_144314.jpg

Hey mate, I'm subbing in. Being autos they should be great for that small tent. Not sure what you are thinking but autos are not monstrous..

Anyway keen to see how they go .
Awesome, glad to have you onboard!

First grow so not sure what to expect but it should be fun!

My want for a larger tent is more for the room of adjusting lights and fans etc. It's tight in there, but ill make it work.

Afternoon fella, a Saffa from other side of the pond sliding up a beanbag for this 1....:popcorn::passitleft: hope you don't mind the intrusion fella, I have a Haze2.0 Haze Auto/Jack Herer, auto going, she popped her head out on wed evening and going well so far. Never done an auto before so 1st time trial and tribulations for the both us my friend....:goodluck::passitleft: Would dig to compare notes and tings if ya up for that...:Namaste:

Afternoon fella, a Saffa from other side of the pond sliding up a beanbag for this 1....:popcorn::passitleft: hope you don't mind the intrusion fella, I have a Haze2.0 Haze Auto/Jack Herer, auto going, she popped her head out on wed evening and going well so far. Never done an auto before so 1st time trial and tribulations for the both us my friend....:goodluck::passitleft: Would dig to compare notes and tings if ya up for that...:Namaste:
Hey mate, glad to have you! Yea for sure, sounds like fun. You have a journal going?

What's your plans with nutes? I'm trying to go very basic while i get a feel for things.. watched too many youtube videos of people saying not to over do it. I'll probably go with half of the CANNA recommendations and see how they go.

Hey mate, glad to have you! Yea for sure, sounds like fun. You have a journal going?

What's your plans with nutes? I'm trying to go very basic while i get a feel for things.. watched too many youtube videos of people saying not to over do it. I'll probably go with half of the CANNA recommendations and see how they go.
Honestly, just let the plants do their thing until they tell you they want nutes. Best way to not overfeed or fuck anything. You won't want to do anything to stress an auto too much

Hello matey, a hearty good evening to ya.

I do have a journal going also new, " The Jerky Box Project. OG Kush and Haze2.0 auto. Pop in and have a squizz.. Here's a humble offering to take with you..
:passitleft:

My auto specs

10 inch pot
Soil- 50% compost
30% ewc ( worm poo) getting used to terms
20% perlite

Use on my other girls and they like it..

Nutes

Nitrosol- organic emulsion
Seagro- seaweed emulsion
Biobizz grow and bloom
Busy fermenting banana peels for flowering
Epsom salts if need be

Have access to chicken manure from our farm but don't know much about that, would like to though @Emilya..:Namaste:

Want to start bubbling water for my auto Hazey's her name...

Have a fab evening fella...:Namaste:

That's some interesting looking training there! I saw another post of a guy that did that and they turned out incredible. They did take him 100 or so days though.

Love it!

Hey there and a merry afternoon, that girl showed head above soil on 17/11/2017 so 115 days if I'm correct.
I've been beastly to her and wonked up my lst to begin with and turned out with DFID ( da f..k I do ) as she looks now.

Busy with a cloning project so once the clones off little OG show roots, I'll move them down to my veg section and flower DFID above in flower section. Bout time I've been itching so badly,but was waiting for clone donors. Patience is a virtue, a very long one it seems......

Back
Top Bottom