First Indoor CFL Micro Grow LST - 120W CFL

JmanDelta9

Hey all, first Journal here and first indoor grow. All help and advise is welcomed entirely, I have been using this site for the entire process so far and really appreciate everyone here for your unacknowledged help, time to say THANKS!! :)

Im into flower now so its the more exciting/important phase.

22nd June 2015
Introduction

(I have not been able to add photos till flower so it will be documented up until then)

Prepared cupboard for grow.
I will be using a box with about 1m2
Available room, hoping to get an ounce of each plant, using 2 gallon buckets, and 300w of CFL lighting.
Nutrients and soil/perlite.

(NEED CARBON FILTER AND EXTRACTION FAN) I will go to hardware store to find the materials, will also get a iON filter, to be placed outside room when flowering.

Today (22nd June) I received the seeds from seed-city.com, all are feminized, I have a verity of strains:

2x Northern Lights
2x Chocolate Skunk
2x Bubble gum
I really like the bubblegum strain so my first grow will be bubblegum and I will try the chocolate Kush strain too, both will be LST trained
(Tried to work out the area I have to work with, I assume that I have 172cm3 "cubed")

Preparation and Info to take into account

- Lighting
Using 6 x 100w CFLs (20w usage)
I have 10 CFLs wether I include more later in the grow I'm not sure, more heat electric and space is the factor.
- Distance from CFL's
Keeping the lights within 5cm from the girls.
- Nutrients
During the VEG phase using a nutrient with more N^P-K
During the FLOWER phase use a nutrient with more N-P-K^

- check PH for both applications and run off
Try With
veg (2L bottle)
2ml green 9-3-3 (high N)
1ml purple for (high k)

Flower
2ml yellow 6-6-6 (mid NPK)
1ml purple (high K)
+ PH up

Finishing with just high K and a 10 day flush when all trichomes are cloudy

22nd June 2015
- Day 1 (wk 0) Veg
Setup and Germination
> Germinating using a damp paper towel

- Day 2 (23rd June)
- used the paper towel + plate method as I always have however this time being in a different country (much hotter) evaporated the water quicker whilst I was asleep so I have already I encountered the first issue.
This time as it dried out a lot and only left a bit damp, I'm hoping this didn't damage or delay the growth in any way, I even contemplated on scrapping the seeds that I planted today and starting a fresh, but figured it's a total waste of quality seed.
It was the bubblegum that sprouted first which is my favourite strain of the available. Really hopping it doesn't effect the end result as that's the one I would prefer the most of.
My plan is to leave them in the grow box for 4 days and if there is no action after that I will germinate again using a ziplock bag.

(23rd June)
- Temp is 30-c and humidity 50%
- Planted seeds in potting

(29th June)
- Day 7 (wk 1) Veg

(6th July)
- Day 14 (wk 2) Veg
(check plants have grown efficiently should have at least 3 nodes)

(13th July)
- Day 21 (wk 3) Veg

(20th July)
- Day 28 (wk 4) Veg
Topped at 4 nodes. Only 4 inch high, grow room is only about 1ft of height space. It's designed to be small.
I feel I have had stunted growth to this stage quite drastically, so I'm giving them a few more weeks of veg

(27th July)
- Day 35 (wk 5)

(3rd August)
- Day 42 (wk 6)

(5th August)
- Day 44 (wk 6.5) Flip to Flower
Given 48hrs of darkness
Lights 6am - 6pm
Waiting for pistils

(14th August - Showing a few pistils on the bubblegum)

(17th August)
- Day 56 (wk 8)
Pistils showing on 1 plant, waiting for the chocolate skunk to show. Chocolate skunk showing the staggered branching, more than the bubblegum so it's clearly mature enough to flower.

(18th August pistils showing on plant 2 chocolate skunk)
Only 1 or 2 here and there but I was worried that it would take maybe a week or more to sex this plant - watered with mid NPK (6-6-6) and a dose of high K boost.
The 1 plant bubblegum is showing yellowing leaves on the lower section, most of the yellowing is on leaves that are shaded, but she looks sad :( however pistils popping up here and there still is good sign.

I will upload pics when lights come on, also when i figure out how :) also like to add that I feel I have had slow growth but it has stayed healthy throughout. Pistils showing on both plants

Is it possible to link images with your iPhone to this journal, could someone please drop by and let me know how? Thanks in advance

image30688.jpg
image30686.jpg
image30684.jpg

Thanks teddy for your help

Hey to anyone experienced who checks in,

I have had yellowing on the lower older leaves they feel soft and also have some brown blotching on the yellow leaves. This plant takes quite long to drink it's pot full when watering, around a week. The other plant takes a few days to dry up the soil and looks healthy.

From the step by step analysis I used to figure out what was wrong I'm guessing it's nitrogen deficiency, only flipped to flower 2 weeks ago and has been blooming for roughly 1 week. My question is, if anyone is out there, what should I do to rectify this?

Would you suggest waiting for the soul to dry then feed with nitrogen mix, or flush and add nitrogen to the already moist soil?
Or another suggestion.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

Hey, thanks for stopping by, the thing is I'm in a country where I can't read the writing, so the only thing I can go by is the NPK levels. The nutes I was using in veg were 9-3-3, then switched it out to 6-6-6 when flowering occurred with a boost of mg+cal and macro nutes.

I suppose I will have to look for a PPM meter, somehow. Just trying to stay low key.

I was only using a small dose the whole way about 1ml per Litre of the nutes because they were chemical and I didn't want to over feed.

I'm worried I could have locked out N with a higher dose of K

I have flushed the plant with the yellowing on the older leaves, it's not drinking so I'm really worried about the consequences of doing that but at the same time i dont want it to slowly be poisoned to death.
Do you think that was a good or bad move?

(Also noticing a bit of yellowing on older leaves of healthy plant. I'm worried :( plus the stems are purplish color)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom