First Indoor Grow Cheese Seedling Day 19 CFL & LED Soilless Mix Growbox

Yes sorry very tired... I have to turn them off myself just set alarms.

If you can't get the electronic one just get a cheaper mechanical one as I said. Timers make life a lot easier

Ok all caught up. On the same page
Timer and electrics.jpg

You may need a little more room above the LED for cooling.

Have you visualized the plant at harvest? Do you know where to top it to get that form? If you do, and can top where you need to get there, I'd do it.

Should I wait for her to recover Before I top her? As the Growbox I have is only 100cm high and the led will take up 4 inches of that space? I'm worried about space and how to get the best out of this grow I know its dominant Indica.

I took the liberty of zooming your pic of the plant and showing where your growth is coming from. This could help you decide.
20190414_214559_e002.jpg

If you look closely on the stem you have two sets of new branches. They come out just above the big leaves.
1555353954761.png

These will become your main branches if you top now. The top wil give you two cola's and if you top those two you will get four at the top.
The bottom two can also grow out and you can top those to get four as well. You will need to do some LST (low sress training) to spread the colas out or they will end up growing into each other. Also, ideally you want to try to get all the colas to more or less the same height by using the LST. The decision to top now is up to you but that is what I see in your plant.
Others feel free to chip in here

I took the liberty of zooming your pic of the plant and showing where your growth is coming from. This could help you decide.
20190414_214559_e002.jpg

If you look closely on the stem you have two sets of new branches. They come out just above the big leaves.
1555353954761.png

These will become your main branches if you top now. The top wil give you two cola's and if you top those two you will get four at the top.
The bottom two can also grow out and you can top those to get four as well. You will need to do some LST (low sress training) to spread the colas out or they will end up growing into each other. Also, ideally you want to try to get all the colas to more or less the same height by using the LST. The decision to top now is up to you but that is what I see in your plant.
Others feel free to chip in here
I was also having a look at her today thinking she must be ready to top by now ...just worried while she is stressed out I might lose her... where would you top her if she was yours? Right below the newest growth?

You may need a little more room above the LED for cooling.

Have you visualized the plant at harvest? Do you know where to top it to get that form? If you do, and can top where you need to get there, I'd do it.
I have visualized when to start flowering but how to actually train her and top for this grow box is hard as I haven't ever topped a Plant. Hopefully this image helps someone help me..

Attachments

• 15553558897121789505475625121797.jpg
    15553558897121789505475625121797.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 109
I was also having a look at her today thinking she must be ready to top by now ...just worried while she is stressed out I might lose her... where would you top her if she was yours? Right below the newest growth?
I can't remember if this is an auto or not. If an auto then just top now. If not an auto then you should be able to veg theoretically much longer. But to get the most even growth and apply LST top as early as you can.
Listen to @Old Salt . He sees these things early. Your plant is stronger than you think.

This is what my Gertie looks like and I topped this plant with one more set of leaves than yours. Damn thing is already showing hairs. So you can't leave topping to long
20190415_212630.jpg
20190415_212710.jpg

Now my low stress training is a bit desperate

How many main branches do you want? If you want two, top between the third and fourth nodes. If you want four, top between the fourth and fifth nodes.
I'm guessing 4 would be nice for this space, totally for personal use I'm just sick of smoking early harvest or way to late or dried in some dudes ballsack. I just want as healthy and potent bud as possible with the tools I have. Thank you Old Salt and Strainyourbrain for hanging around, I'm guessing looking at my grow it must be hilarious or just make you Cringe so thank you again for hanging around.

This is what my Gertie looks like and I topped this plant with one more set of leaves than yours. Damn thing is already showing hairs. So you can't leave topping to long
20190415_212630.jpg
20190415_212710.jpg

Now my low stress training is a bit desperate
Totally get what you're saying now I should top ASAP then.. thank you.

I can't remember if this is an auto or not. If an auto then just top now. If not an auto then you should be able to veg theoretically much longer. But to get the most even growth and apply LST top as early as you can.
Listen to @Old Salt . He sees these things early. Your plant is stronger than you think.
Oh and it's just a Feminized seed ..so I have been told.

I'm guessing 4 would be nice for this space, totally for personal use I'm just sick of smoking early harvest or way to late or dried in some dudes ballsack. I just want as healthy and potent bud as possible with the tools I have. Thank you Old Salt and Strainyourbrain for hanging around, I'm guessing looking at my grow it must be hilarious or just make you Cringe so thank you again for hanging around.

We all started sometime. Attempts are not hilarious when you count on a successful grow.

Not at all bro. You should have seen the first plants I grew. It took me two grows before I started getting even close to good. And still learning every day. I didn't have guys and girls with the knowledge and wisdom that you find here on 420. If we can help you get the best from your plant ( I'm sure I speak for most of us ) we will.
By the way is that fan on the side of your pot? How hard is it bowing?

Morning mr.Vegging I totally agree with everyones guidance that's been offered.. If I were you in that space I'd top and concentrate on 4 main arms, if you can get thin bamboo or thin dialing rods ( wooden ones ) drill holes on the side of your pots ( think square pot ) so you can insert the rods running length ways through the pot.
So imagine you looking down at your plant/pot with the rods inserted visualize looking down at a plus sign from above, your plus sign should be aligned with the 4 main arms of your plant.

Now it gives you a wider base to perform low stress training while you train your arms out to the point where you happy and ready to let them grow upwards. There are many ways to this method called quadlining and many variations which folk tweak all the time... Have a look at @Asesino85 journal he's the guru who came up with this method...

Something to think about now while your girl recovers from her topping is how you want to train and how many tops you would like as mr.Strain pointed out, but remember while your main arms are growing you will have 2 branches that come out horizontal then the next set of branches is the over/under set and by that I mean 1 grows vertical towards the light and the other will grow from underneath your main arm and it ends up twisting the branch as it grows towards the light so I snip those off...

Ok if I were you and being in coco and a bit of earthworm poo which I don't think is going to make that much difference in this grow go to Mica, pick n pay or checkers or gardening store and purchase a orange/white packet called Nutrifeed by Stark&Ayres it would be more benificial for you to use that I also use it on my coco girls.....

image.jpeg

Not at all bro. You should have seen the first plants I grew. It took me two grows before I started getting even close to good. And still learning every day. I didn't have guys and girls with the knowledge and wisdom that you find here on 420. If we can help you get the best from your plant ( I'm sure I speak for most of us ) we will.
By the way is that fan on the side of your pot? How hard is it bowing?
Thanks alot seriously , that fan on the side is always on low and it Is just enough to give the Plant a little shiver when it hits it...

Morning mr.Vegging I totally agree with everyones guidance that's been offered.. If I were you in that space I'd top and concentrate on 4 main arms, if you can get thin bamboo or thin dialing rods ( wooden ones ) drill holes on the side of your pots ( think square pot ) so you can insert the rods running length ways through the pot.
So imagine you looking down at your plant/pot with the rods inserted visualize looking down at a plus sign from above, your plus sign should be aligned with the 4 main arms of your plant.

Now it gives you a wider base to perform low stress training while you train your arms out to the point where you happy and ready to let them grow upwards. There are many ways to this method called quadlining and many variations which folk tweak all the time... Have a look at @Asesino85 journal he's the guru who came up with this method...

Something to think about now while your girl recovers from her topping is how you want to train and how many tops you would like as mr.Strain pointed out, but remember while your main arms are growing you will have 2 branches that come out horizontal then the next set of branches is the over/under set and by that I mean 1 grows vertical towards the light and the other will grow from underneath your main arm and it ends up twisting the branch as it grows towards the light so I snip those off...

Ok if I were you and being in coco and a bit of earthworm poo which I don't think is going to make that much difference in this grow go to Mica, pick n pay or checkers or gardening store and purchase a orange/white packet called Nutrifeed by Stark&Ayres it would be more benificial for you to use that I also use it on my coco girls.....

image.jpeg
Ahh I'm so Glad I was high enough to actually make an account on the 420 Mag.... totally worth it man thank you ... I'm just building up the confidence to do it to her she just recovered from the Light and Heat stress... i will take this information and start asap and upload.

Okay also here is a picture taken within 3 minutes of typing this,Please tell me where to top for 4 colas at exactly?

Attachments

• 15554143547065136366524210298620.jpg
    15554143547065136366524210298620.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 1555414591874496674117940433978.jpg
    1555414591874496674117940433978.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom