First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soil

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

You are right Radogast, appreciate that, maybe being a bit hard on myself.

I do know that the next one will be better. In fact I am actually pretty sold on the idea of growing one monster at a time.

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

I could really use some advice here, if anyone would chime in I would be most grateful.

This is day 31 of veg. I was planning on vegging until Friday to make it an even 5 weeks before switching to 12/12.

My concern is the size of the screen. I can't seem to find any info on stretch for this strain. It is mostly indica. I just seem to be running out of space pretty fast.

Any ideas when i should hit the switch? is it asap or could I leave it vegging a while longer?

I have included new photos and outlined the areas I would like to allocate to the auto's so bearing in mind I am not working with a full size screen.

Here is the screen as it looks now:

DSCN47621.JPG

Here are the sections allocated to the auto's, gives an idea of what i have left to work with:

Screen_size.png

Jack,

Seriously, I'd separate the Autos from the Photo-Period plants. Can you put the Photos some place where they can Veg longer? Your Autos will finish up pretty quick. After you harvest, then bring in the Photo-period plants and Scrog them.

I would really love to Sabo but too many problems with that idea. Firstly the photo plant, Mazar is pretty tied up in the screen already and I literally have no place to put the auto's. I don't have a garden just a balcony and my neighbors can see right into it. I have communal gardens but other than that I am in a very built up areas and nowhere nearby safe that I can put them. I literally have my small tent in my bedroom and that is it.

If only Radogast, where I am the law is particularly rigid and does not look like it will be changing anytime soon.

I can respect any law that can be enforced rationally and with good reason but this is getting utterly pathetic. Truth be told I had a psychotic break some years back and took me 3 years to recover from it. For that reason I will never touch an anti depressant or any other medication that changes brain chemistry, especially without being able to feel whats happening. This medicine solves all of my problems and keeps me level. It always has.

Yet I should be shoveling all sorts of chemicals into my body according to doctors who supposedly have my best interests at heart. Funny that one natural medication replaces all of those and happens to be classed as a substance with no medicinal benefits. Also so tired of the usual labels like hippie or conspiracy theorist. I just happen to be someone who took enough responsibility over my health (where most will just take pills) to do whats right for me and happen to see the conflict of interests when it comes to enforcing a nonsensical law.

Go ahead and flip, Jack. You can continue to tuck new growth through the stretch. Timing should be about right.

Thanks Peejay, happy to take your advice. Will do the flip from tomorrow to reduce stress. Currently using GLR so as of tomorrow the fun begins :cheer:

Hi Projunglegrow. Thanks, glad to have you along for the ride.

I have a day 40 update for you guys (8 days of flowering).

Not too much to report to be honest. Touch wood these plants have been really easy on me and I have tried to do the same for them. I would like to think that so far I have loved them just enough. Apart from one over zealous nute overdose on Maizie which she recovered well from everything has been great.

The only bummer is Titan (Tatiana) has been stunted due to lack of light but I actually think this would have been a stunning plant if given the proper conditions to thrive. She has the most beautiful blue tinge and already has frosting on the leaves near the top.

Goliath (aka Gilly) is just looking great, really been packing on the weight the last few days and starting to get a bit frosty. Not much to say about her, will let you see for yourselves.

Maizie (Mazar X WR) is really looking great. Ok I know this is my first indoor grow so seems a daft comment but this plant I recon is exceptionally low maintenance and forgiving. She is filling the screen nicely and is really starting to show signs of flowering really fast now. Loads more pistils every 12 hours. She has an amazing smell already. Think I am going to stink up the house every time I open the tent in a few weeks time. I love this plant :circle-of-love: .

From this experience, I can take away that I would definitely top her if I could do it again. I basically have the main stem trained towards the front of the tent and it's no biggie but probably not ideal as I have quite a few branches crossing each other to fill the screen. I have done ok with the screen with just a few awkward spots in the middle I am not sure what to do with.

Here is Tatiana:

DSCN47841.JPG

DSCN47832.JPG

DSCN47771.JPG

Group shot:

DSCN4775.JPG

DSCN47744.JPG

DSCN47892.JPG

DSCN47852.JPG

DSCN4782.JPG

DSCN47812.JPG

DSCN4782.JPG

DSCN47783.JPG

Gilly:

DSCN47881.JPG

DSCN47871.JPG

DSCN47803.JPG

DSCN47791.JPG

DSCN4776.JPG

One thing I would like to ask is how accurate are the flowering periods that the seed companies give you.

Reason I ask is that I have family staying over early in August and they will be staying in the room where the tent is so it has to be gone by then.

I am sure 3 months should be fine, flowering is apparently 55-65 days but I would imagine that could go on longer and I would also like to allocate 10 days or so for drying. Just don't have any experience as to how big a pinch of salt should I take with their recommended flowering periods?

The other thing I have done recently is Light Addicts bud backbuilding technique on Gilly. The bud was a perfect cone shape and she looks like she has reached her max height so will be interesting to see if the bud fills out a bit more now. I did this last night.

Awesome, thanks for that Stumped, should be done well in time for the family visit then. Good to have you here, appreciate all the help I can get but for now things are thankfully just moving along nicely, just hope it stays that way. I know you learn more from problems and mistakes but considering a tight (ish) time frame, I am happy to just get this one out of the way and from August I can grow without any worries.

Hey guys.

Sorry about lack of updates lately, had a really bad bout of sciatica the last 3 or so weeks and I literally can't sit at the computer for more than five minutes without ending up in agony. Been receiving physio from Mrs Dabs and it's slowly easing up so should be back with a full update soon.

The plants are all looking really good. I think Goliath should be ready in a week or two and Mazar is budding beautifully. Quite a healthy plant but have some leaves yellowing which I suspect is a high ph problem. She chooses certain lower leaves to drain, one or two at a time, they yellow and I trim them before they are about to fall off.

I trimmed a lower bud off each of the dwarves out of desperation for pain meds and even though they really under developed they were pretty strong. Need at least one plant to mature fast before i get addicted to pain killers. Will follow up with pictures as soon as I can.

So I finally have some pics for you guys. These are from day 60 which is 28 days of flowering.

Things have been ok but I am seriously battling with high ph and am pretty convinced that is why I am getting a lot of yellowing on the lower leaves. The ph sits at around 7.5 - 8.0 and I have been using vinegar which does seem to bring it down to 6.5 for a couple days and then it creeps back up.

I ordered some ph down and added a few drops last night along with flowering nutes and when I tested the water it was around 5. After an hour or so the ph was perfect and this morning I woke up to a ph of 8 again. Apart from adding more ph down I am out of ideas as to what to do - what could the cause of this be?

Anyway moving onto some pics. So I recon Goliath is nearly ready, she has the most beautiful blue colour to her and is getting quite dense. Trics are mostly cloudy with the odd amber and she won't be getting any more nutes, just water from now. Thinking of letter her run for another week or so?

Titan is a week behind time - wise but on growth much more than that, she is pretty frosty though, couple tokes out of her but that's about it. Think it would have been a great plant if I looked after her better.

Now onto my obvious favorite Maizie, well I did not have much stretch at all to work with so the screen is not nearly as full as it could have been. Also should have topped her, lesson learned for next time if I grow it again (I have one more seed).

She did slow down for a bit, recon it's the ph problem but has started to gain a little weight in the buds now and starting to get a bit frosty in places. She has a beautiful smell and think she is gonna be a stinker very soon.

So lets start with (tucked away) Titan :

DSCN48101.JPG

Goliath:

DSCN48081.JPG

Mazie / Group shots

DSCN48151.JPG

DSCN4814.JPG

DSCN48131.JPG

DSCN48121.JPG

DSCN4811.JPG

DSCN48062.JPG

Re: ph
You have a great grow going. I personally would not change and ph management techniques now, but keep on keeping on, doing what you have been doing.

I especially would not change anything because of yellowing leaves during flower - all the grows are doing yellow leaves during flower.

I have bud envy. :circle-of-love:

Looks great to my newbie eyes. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom