First Indoor Grow DWC/LED

The big colprit I believe is in the big bloom which is pretty much just mud and poop building up and starving roots of o2.I think I am just done with these types of nutes.:peacetwo:

I used BB, but at 50% less than the recommended amounts through out the bloom. It did make things a bit "silty," but for the most part I stopped using it as I was using H2o2, which made seem to be moot.

For the last week and a half though, all I used in the reservoir was ph'd water, Big Bloom and molasses. :morenutes:

Hey endive:Rasta:
yeah its just to thick.Its to bad because the plants kinda like it.IMHO thats good advice to use it durring the last weeks.I have tried all I can try to make it work.But all is good and things seem to be working out with just the grow big.The HS is starting to recover.I did give her a little humboldt roots.I was really skeptical as it seems thick in color but it is processed pretty well.Lol it was free kinda had to beg my pops for it.(this economy and beeing broke is getting old).Looks gewy lol but I notice some root growth and it seems it will rince fairly easy.:wood:

Have a weekly pic up date.Had to pull the skunk out along with the second HS....Bugger.Still have the HS and her clones which are female.The Chrystal is still not showing but I pray for female as she is a nice little plant.
P1013591.JPG

As you can see below my poor HS.She is just now starting to recover.She reminds me of a wheeping willow trea.
P1013593.JPG

As you can see her roots are not to happy.Since I added some humboldt roots to the mix I can see some nice fatty roots starting to davelope.
P1013598.JPG

Below the Chrystal is still doing very well.NO BIG BLOOM.I did have some big bloom early on in the root davelopment but stoped using and just mixed growbig and a drop of superthrive along with a quarter tsp of h202.For the past couple of day ph has been pretty steady and not had to do any adjustments.
P1013595.JPG

Roots are not as abundant but they are much happier:cheer:
P1013596.JPG

plants look great bro. sorry to hear about the male.

Thanks staffy.Yeah males are a bummer the seeds I started with were maybe not the best and were a real pain to get sprouts only 1 skunk made it out of like 5.LOL it seems the freebies have been the best beans out of my past 2 orders.The Chrystal and the ice did pretty well.I only used 1 sead out of each pack of 10 and had no problems:scratchinghead:

I have a little update on the led that I am using.On another post I was curiouse to know what the actuall draw of the lamp was and a fellow gardener which is using the same light,,,and he is having great results,,,But any way the not so supprising news is I was running 2 previouse lights that I was not happy with and B @ HH had me hold off because there was a new 250 watt light comming out.So I did and ended up paying the difference in cost pluss shipping and all that bla bla which the price is less now than what I payed..LOL But sinse then the light went from 250-260 and now from what there sight says my led is only 180 watt unit and just a week ago I went to there site looking for this info and it said 160 watts.Says on his sight that he believes in an honest representation in his products and he streight lied to me about it by phone and email.He knows who he is B.But any way yeah that ticks my ticker just a little bit 250 and 180 is a big big difference.This unit is not much more than the 2 90 watt units I had and there is no way it is running the diodes at 3 watts or even 1.5 for that matter.Ow the headach of not recieving what you payed for.....But any way sorry guys I had to bitch because its not cool not when I spent close to 500 dallars for a light lol...But any way all is good the unit works and there are a few gardeners on here that are having nice results with the product but I am done with HH I think.Its not that his product is bad because it is ok and all honesty there is a lot of crap out there when it comes to led but hh is one of the few that work and the build quality is top notch.I was just miss led on my purchase and did not get what I paid for as he gave me missleading and fals into on the product on the date of purchase.Geesh I would have never went threw the trouble and cost of trading my 2 other units for just a measly 40 watts.grrrrrr....LOL but any way sorry guys.:peacetwo:

Go Turtle! ITS YO :happy-birthday:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Can't wait to see these girls get bigger but so far they're lookin awesome dude! What nutrients are you useing on these girls and whats the name of the strain again?
FYI-me and my room mate Heks are about to harvest our co-op grow of a young shepard thats probably got about 5 ounces on her in a DWC set up! So dope asss pics will be posted soon if you wanna check em!
Take it easy
-Hydrologist
PS if you wanna check it the link is the one with the "FLUSH" in red. Also I just switched my personal plant the top link- to the 12/12!!! woo hooo! So def come check it out some time!
:cheer:

I have a little update on the led that I am using.On another post I was curiouse to know what the actuall draw of the lamp was and a fellow gardener which is using the same light,,,and he is having great results,,,But any way the not so supprising news is I was running 2 previouse lights that I was not happy with and B @ HH had me hold off because there was a new 250 watt light comming out.So I did and ended up paying the difference in cost pluss shipping and all that bla bla which the price is less now than what I payed..LOL But sinse then the light went from 250-260 and now from what there sight says my led is only 180 watt unit and just a week ago I went to there site looking for this info and it said 160 watts.Says on his sight that he believes in an honest representation in his products and he streight lied to me about it by phone and email.He knows who he is B.But any way yeah that ticks my ticker just a little bit 250 and 180 is a big big difference.This unit is not much more than the 2 90 watt units I had and there is no way it is running the diodes at 3 watts or even 1.5 for that matter.Ow the headach of not recieving what you payed for.....But any way sorry guys I had to bitch because its not cool not when I spent close to 500 dallars for a light lol...But any way all is good the unit works and there are a few gardeners on here that are having nice results with the product but I am done with HH I think.Its not that his product is bad because it is ok and all honesty there is a lot of crap out there when it comes to led but hh is one of the few that work and the build quality is top notch.I was just miss led on my purchase and did not get what I paid for as he gave me missleading and fals into on the product on the date of purchase.Geesh I would have never went threw the trouble and cost of trading my 2 other units for just a measly 40 watts.grrrrrr....LOL but any way sorry guys.:peacetwo:

I hear ya turttle I'm a little upset myself with the actual power draw. I went with HH because the price was much better than others for similar watts. But I can say I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting. As far as customer servive with B, I am pleased as well He always gets back to me within a couple hours after I e-mail him, and answeres all my ?'s. And I love the fact that I can use just the blue spectrum for veg it saves money and IMO it veges better that way.

Have you said anything to B about being misled? That is a lot of trouble and $$ for not much more watts.

Your grow looks great wishing you a bountiful harvest :goodluck:

dude I dont mean to be rude but those roots look like the intestines of a dead person? What happened? I've herd that when people use Organic Nutrients there roots look all gross and gooey and brown, which is another reason I use synthetic. So...are they suppose to look something like that anyways?

I hear ya turttle I'm a little upset myself with the actual power draw. I went with HH because the price was much better than others for similar watts. But I can say I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting. As far as customer servive with B, I am pleased as well He always gets back to me within a couple hours after I e-mail him, and answeres all my ?'s. And I love the fact that I can use just the blue spectrum for veg it saves money and IMO it veges better that way.

Have you said anything to B about being misled? That is a lot of trouble and $$ for not much more watts.

Your grow looks great wishing you a bountiful harvest :goodluck:

Yeah I am not to happy with the actual draw.I dont know what to think or say about it as it has been such a headache finding an led that works at all.But I am pretty happy with the unit I knew in my gut the specs were not right.I think he should send us another light to make up for it lol because its only half of the performance advertised.....LOL but no Ben seems to be a good guy and it is a nice light for the amount of power beeing used and his customer service has been pretty good.....AND ITS MADE IN AMERICA half to support that.I did send him an email on my fealings on the matter.All is good and its really nice to see the real numbers up there so that we can better tune our setups.Kinda hard to do with false information.:peacetwo:

dude I dont mean to be rude but those roots look like the intestines of a dead person? What happened? I've herd that when people use Organic Nutrients there roots look all gross and gooey and brown, which is another reason I use synthetic. So...are they suppose to look something like that anyways?

No man not beeing rude at all.If I see something that I dont feel is right I normally speak my mind.lol but normally when things are debatable by facts and learning information and is of good intension:)

Yeah I am having some problems with one of the organic additives.I have been trying to figuer this out forever but what it is is the big bloom which is really thick poop and mud.Once its in your roots there is little to keep it in check and sufficates the roots it is even to much for the hygrozyme to handle and the hygrozyme will pertty much eat the entire root that is infested with it I think.I have finally come to my sencese and I am no longer using it.I am still mostly organic but part is synthetic.The roots in organic will not be completely white but the inside should not be stained and there should always be new root davelopment.I have since given her some humboldt roots and I am feeding plants with just grow big and some select additives like calmag superthrive and open sesemi.I think she is going to pull threw have a bunch of new white growth and nets should be filled with new root davelpment here pretty soon:goodluck:.I think a good example of a true organic grow would be 'Undercurrent DWC Grow Journal'

Go Turtle! ITS YO :happy-birthday:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Can't wait to see these girls get bigger but so far they're lookin awesome dude! What nutrients are you useing on these girls and whats the name of the strain again?
FYI-me and my room mate Heks are about to harvest our co-op grow of a young shepard thats probably got about 5 ounces on her in a DWC set up! So dope asss pics will be posted soon if you wanna check em!
Take it easy
-Hydrologist
PS if you wanna check it the link is the one with the "FLUSH" in red. Also I just switched my personal plant the top link- to the 12/12!!! woo hooo! So def come check it out some time!
:cheer:
Thanks for the kind words.Youve got flowers?most diffinatly going to stop by to see:)
The droopy one is the hash spice along with 4 of her clones and I also have a chrystal which is really starting to grow.She is starting to support some really fat leaves:)I am still going by the fox farm feeding chart pretty much the only thing changed is no more big bloom.I would still like to add another product for the hydro set up that focuses on root davelopment I am thinking green fuse roots stim.I am really wanting to get some great white but it is a little spendy.The great white adds root davelpment while also keeping a clean res and is organic with the benefits of Mycorrhizae.

I actually havn't herd of great white yet who makes it? You know what people are recomending to me all the time is "Hydrozyme" So I may try it in the future. The only Zyme I have any experience with is Advanced Nutrients "Sensi Zyme" and I gatta say this shit is SSSTTTRRROONNGGG it busts that rool ball down like hydrochloric acid on a snail with a fucking sun burn. Shit gets BURNTTTT FAST if your not carefuly. Due to this I use it so rarely and the strength of the shit is just a complete put off to me. But it is good for this one technique I read about called a "Zyme bath" which is when your ready to say switch from Veg nutrients to flower nutrients and you have a recirculating set up like I do and you wanna clear away all the left over built up salts from your Veg nutrients and have a clean start for you bloom you empty your res and fill it with PH'd water and add 2ml per Liter of water I believe it is and you let that recirculated through your system for like 6 hours and then swop in the new flower nutrients and there you go you got yourself a fresh start after a zyme breakdown bath. So thats the one benefit I see from sensizyme. Otherwise fuck that shit.
-Highhh-Drool-OLogist.

Here is some info on the Great white.I am not sure how affective it is for hydro but is the building block of all plants on land.Nugz refeared it to me and he uses this on his hydro grow which is one of the most healthy grows I have seen.
Great White® is the most complete mycorrhizal product on the market. The cutting edge formula contains 15 different species of mycorrhizal fungi, 19 different species of beneficial bacteria, 2 species of trichoderma, plant vitamins and glycine all in one product. Research shows that this powerful formula will ignite plant and root growth giving plants the tools they need to maximize yields. Great White's concentrated formula ensures optimum colonization of root systems by the fungi for less money. The water soluble powder makes application a snap and delivers the spores directly to the roots for immediate germination. Users should look for explosive root growth, increased yields, increased fruiting and flowering, increased nutrient and water absorption and improved transplant success. The key to healthy and vital plants starts with a vigorous root system and a vigorous root system starts with Great White!
-Application Rates
-New and Improved Label
Benefits
Reduces:
-Drought stress
-Water and fertilizer needs
Increases:
-Flowering and fruiting
-Water and nutrient storage and uptake
-Root growth
Promotes:
-Extensive root system
-Soil structure
-Plant establishment

I actually havn't herd of great white yet who makes it? You know what people are recomending to me all the time is "Hydrozyme" So I may try it in the future. The only Zyme I have any experience with is Advanced Nutrients "Sensi Zyme" and I gatta say this shit is SSSTTTRRROONNGGG it busts that rool ball down like hydrochloric acid on a snail with a fucking sun burn. Shit gets BURNTTTT FAST if your not carefuly.

LOL yeah I did use some hygrozyme and it is pretty strong.If your using synthetics I think it is not recomended that you use the hygrozyme as it adds bacteria to colonize the res.

:oops: duplicate posted the info on AN root stimulators...sorry!

But, I am still watching! :popcorn:

LOL that ok:)I think I am going to give green fuse root a try.Roots on the HS are starting to heal up and things are going smooth.The Chrystal is doing very well with just the FF grow big hydro formula.Roots are nice and healthy and she is growing right in front of my eyes :)
P1013620.JPG
P1013632.JPG
P1013631.JPG

Greenfuse ROOT Stimulator
Pure, Organic Plant Stimulators, GreenFuse products are manufactured in Holland where they have undergone extensive testing by commercial growers. The results... stronger growth, bigger flowers, improved aroma and flavor. No negative residual effect on plants, people or the environment. It is a highly concentrated and easy to use nutrient additive.

ROOT Stimulator: Based on natural plant extracts that will help to initiate new roots and nourish the young plant as it grows, GreenFuse Root is beneficial at all stages of the propagation process and is beneficial to all young plants.

Manufacturer: Hydro Dynamics

A little update.The HS is making a nice recovery.Have a bunch of new root growth and she is starting to lift her leaves and grean up a bit.The chrystal is doing very well.Nothing but healthy white roots I should have stoped the big bloom a long long looong time ago lol.Things are so much better with out it.
I went to the hydro store yesterday and thought I picked up some green fuse roots but got the grow by mistake.But in was on sale so all is good.I think I paid 12 dallars and normally its twice that.My clones are starting to take which makes me pretty happy.........But I do have some bad news.LOL.
Now that everything is going nicely my darn internet was shut off.Things are pretty touph right now trying to get back to work.More cuts less jobs.Cant even get a job at the dump lol.I dont qualify to sort trash for an entry level labor posision.Can you believe that.But any way I will keep things going but not sure when I will be able to post....Right now just praying for work Lord knows I have been trying my best but hard to get a job when there are just none available.Past 2 interviews had over 100 people in line to fill just a few posisions and its a job that I have been doing for over 12 years and well.......did not get it.But any way peace out every one happy grows and god bless.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom