First Indoor Grow DWC/LED

You'll be suprised at how little that size light will cost to run - I have a 700 watt led that ran my bill up 35.00 and I was running 20/4 at that time, now it's more like 25.00. I was really suprised, pulls less power than our ac unit!!

Ow wow thats not bad at all.I am going to half to do some calculating for my area I much rather be running on the same schedule that your running your lights.We have these tier rates here with percent of normal elect.use then we go into something any where from 13-16 cents a kw an hour durring the day.Summer tiers are off the hook just to run ac its over 100 dallars a month.But yes definatly going to look into that.

PS I just went to the ca pg and e caclulator and to run 260 watts on the base tier its 35 dallars but if I hit tier 2 with total electric including other house hold appliances it would go up 55-65.I might be safe as these leds draw less amps but not sure how that works comparing amps and watts.LOL I dream of solar power to run my leds lol but techs not quite affordably there yet.:)

I try and make everything run at night, that helps it stay cooler, the meter isn't spinning too fast when the meter man comes by. for 12/12 they go on at 6pm and off at 6am. 20/4 was 10am and 2pm. Works really well. And I lowered my times slowly over 8 days, from 20 to 12 a halfhour each way every day. Preset the timer for a week, then I just had to remember to change it to 12/12 on the 8th day.

I think tier 2 is when you are using more kilowatts during the time between 6am and 6pm, when demand is highest. thats one of the reasons why I run my stuff at night.

Its a girl:)
P1013030.JPG

A little update.I had some extra parts laying around to build a veg bucket.This was going to be my original set up but never got around to putting it togeather.I do have another set up simular for SOG but that will be another journal down the road..But any way I had to go with bigger res PH was just killing me after I did a res change with them small folders cans.Well and I kinda wanted to play around with the drip and lower water levels lol.But any way I think its working pretty well for veg.
P1013066.JPG
P1013085.JPG
P1013056.JPG
P1013062.JPG

Thanks Tmac I will do my best not to stress them out this time lol...

Did you know all 4 of my girls hermied? I ordered DM Reverse. Should get it Monday. Cut off all the balls, took all afternoon to do. Had to make sure I got all of them. Gonna see if the DM Reverse works!!

I try and make everything run at night, that helps it stay cooler, the meter isn't spinning too fast when the meter man comes by. for 12/12 they go on at 6pm and off at 6am. 20/4 was 10am and 2pm. Works really well. And I lowered my times slowly over 8 days, from 20 to 12 a halfhour each way every day. Preset the timer for a week, then I just had to remember to change it to 12/12 on the 8th day.

I think tier 2 is when you are using more kilowatts during the time between 6am and 6pm, when demand is highest. thats one of the reasons why I run my stuff at night.

Yes it is much cheaper to run at night.Cfl seams to be working pretty good for now.I am still contemplating on running my hps.If I do I will be most definatley running that at night.But I am still thinking.I really want to run the led it does perform well but I think I may need another unit to cover the area I need covered.

Did you know all 4 of my girls hermied? I ordered DM Reverse. Should get it Monday. Cut off all the balls, took all afternoon to do. Had to make sure I got all of them. Gonna see if the DM Reverse works!!

Yes I seen that...What the hay.Was it because of that cold front you guys had?I am really looking forward to seeing that reverse in action.:goodluck:

All 4? Crap, that really bites!! I'm pretty sure you will have good luck with the reverse, they wouldn't be selling much of it if it didn't work.

Have a little update.I have been having to adjust the ph quite a bit even in the 18 gallon res.All I half to say about these totes is F all that...LOL to much like work with all that much more water to half to change out ever few days.So I have every thing back in the folgers containers.Rising ph is still an issue but easyer to just run to waste after my ppm raises to high from the ph.I do have some toxicity from ph that I am not to happy with but they are still young.The super skunk is starting to get pretty fat and healthy looking and the hash spice is really taking off.As for my other hash spice I let her dry out by accident while still young.She has recovered but seems to be slightly locked out.Has the dark inner leaves with slight yellowing on the outer.Also the crystal is doing well I have these 2 strains sepperated and on a 20/4 light schedule in another area.But all in all things are looking good:Namaste:
Hash Spice and Super Skunk
P1013211.JPG

Super Skunk
P1013205.JPG

Crystal
P1013203.JPG

Hash Spice...This is the one I believe has a slight nute lockout.
P1013202.JPG

Have a little update.I have been having to adjust the ph quite a bit even in the 18 gallon res.All I half to say about these totes is F all that...LOL to much like work with all that much more water to half to change out ever few days.So I have every thing back in the folgers containers.Rising ph is still an issue but easyer to just run to waste after my ppm raises to high from the ph.I do have some toxicity from ph that I am not to happy with but they are still young.The super skunk is starting to get pretty fat and healthy looking and the hash spice is really taking off.As for my other hash spice I let her dry out by accident while still young.She has recovered but seems to be slightly locked out.Has the dark inner leaves with slight yellowing on the outer.Also the crystal is doing well I have these 2 strains sepperated and on a 20/4 light schedule in another area.But all in all things are looking good:Namaste:

Yeah...A lot of people don't realize the water weighs about 8 lbs. per gallon, so that res of your, depending on how full, is somewhere between 100 & 150 lbs. or so. That's another reason I decided to go with the individual waterfarms, especially since in the closet, I knew I'd be manually moving all the water. I can easily handle those 2 gallon res's! :tokin:

Nice to hear the hash & skunk are going well and I'm sure you'll get the other hash healthy again, too! :goodluck:

Yeah...A lot of people don't realize the water weighs about 8 lbs. per gallon, so that res of your, depending on how full, is somewhere between 100 & 150 lbs. or so. That's another reason I decided to go with the individual waterfarms, especially since in the closet, I knew I'd be manually moving all the water. I can easily handle those 2 gallon res's! :tokin:

Nice to hear the hash & skunk are going well and I'm sure you'll get the other hash healthy again, too! :goodluck:

Hey krip.Yeah them totes is a little to much.Took me an hour to dump all the water then clean and pull pumps out.2 gallon set up with drip is much more convenient.

I heard some people have a dedicated wet vac for draining. Large ones are on wheels so you can move them easier.

Yeah There are a few reasons.Mainly it was a waste of nutes and airstones did not saturate roots in a way I felt was ideal even with the drip.IMO the 2 gallon pots perform much more efficiently and mantanence is a lot more convenient.Honestly if I had the light to cover all 4 of my 2 gallon pots I could have grown from start to finish with minimal upkeep.The drip I have sits in its own bucket when they are all conected and I only need to close a valve and take the whole bucket to the sink to do a quick clean and also when flushing my roots I can either bubble a clearing solution or just poor directly threw the net pot and open a valve into a little bucket to run to waste.With previous grow I only ran a gallon of solution per bucket until they started to drink a lot.Then as res went down I had the perfect amount of oxygen inbetween res refills and pretty much kep them watered just a like a normal house plant.I think after my last plant was about 5ft she/lol he started to drink about a gallon and a half every 2-3 days.

Well so far so good.I am about a week into flower.Had some seriouse stretching.I have been using just the led for about 10hrs of the day cfl are on an hr in the morning and hr before lights out.Not sure if a lot of it has to do with the sativa ganetics of the strain added to the limited light schedule(well they say the light equals a 600 watt hps)?.But I had to do some drastic measures of tlc.Seems to be doing well and bud growth seems to be kicking in.I have stoped using the open seseme.I gave her another flush with just h2o2 and now I am feeding the beastie bloomz(wow good stuff) mixed as directed from feeding chart to a one part.Then I just dilute with water in my res to the ppm of my liking.I did add a tsp of cal mag and also a qrter tsp of super thrive and cut back on the big bloom to 1tsp instead ot the regualr 3tbs.
I am still brain storming on how to deal with slime build up.I realy dont want to stop using the big bloom if any one has any ideals or experience with cleaning there roots I more than welcome any help on the matter:peace:
P1011886.JPG

Ow I forgot to mension my temps are under 70 and it is completely free of light.

Just reading through now, so you might have figured this out already...

Put a net pot (or mesh bag) with lava rock (anything with rough surface area in your res. The slime will colonize there.

Awesome buds

hth

Just reading through now, so you might have figured this out already...

Put a net pot (or mesh bag) with lava rock (anything with rough surface area in your res. The slime will colonize there.

Awesome buds

hth
Hey PetFlora thanks for the kind words.Had some issues with that one.She went hermie then I just tried to see some clones threw.I think I pute her threw a lot of stress just trying to find something to help out with the root problem.I think I have it all togeather for these next ladies:wood:I started adding hydrozyme to my res and seem to fix the problem.Not a complete cure but this was just by adding with out flushing.Next grow I will flush between nute cycle changes which I think will be a total of 2-3 flushes with clearex or just water while running the hydrozyme with the nute solution.The hydrozyme worked pretty good as this was just slime from bad micros from the nutes.The root ball is dence and about the size of a girls basket ball aprox.......EH maybe not that big but pretty big :)
P1012142.JPG

Back
Top Bottom