First Indoor Grow - Soil - Nirvana Seeds AK-48

LoboGrow

Hey everybody! This is my first indoor project and grow journal. I am a legal California grower and am doing this for personal use and as an experiment. I had a lot of the stuff for my grow already. I only had to buy soil, pots, and bulbs.

I am using 3 AK-48 seeds (mixed gender) from Nirvana Seeds in soil. Right now I have them in #1 gardening pots filled with the original MiracleGrow potting soil. Right now I have two 34w Cool White 4ft. T12 fluorescent tubes (I bought some plant & aquarium lights for when the plants get a little larger) running 24/0. I also have a 45w LED grow light in the blue and red spectrum (50/50) that I might use. I plan to use a 300w-400w HID for flowering (anticipating only 1 female).

I planted my seeds today. My setup is located in my breakfast nook. There is a window, but there isn't much light in the mornings. I live alone, have very little traffic, and don't have to worry about the landlord. I am planning on keeping them small, and hope to start flower in 3 weeks time.

A couple questions about the flower period: Is 200w enough for a single plant? Is 400w a waste for a single plant? What would be the best way to control heat and odors in an open environment?

Thanks.

-Lobo

Very nice intro. Sound like you got a good plan going. For the short veg I would run the 400 watt to get the best out of a very young yield.
For heat and odor is a good exhaust fan with a good filter and cool air for intake

Got some of my first signs of life this morning! 2 of 3 seeds popped up last night. I'm pretty stoked to get things started.

Today I found a 250W MH for $40 on Craigslist. Decided to hook it up and like the results. I also found a 250W HPS for $50 that I am picking up tomorrow. I like the HID much better than the fluorescents, and I'm sure the plants do too! I have the light pretty far because the seedlings are still very young. I have a 4" ventilation system coming in this week which should let me lower the lamp.

Lowered my light and cleaned up the grow room. I also picked up my 250w HPS today (Sun System 2) for the flowering tent I plan to have soon.

Update:

My seedlings were showing signs of nutrient burn (probably from the Miracle Grow), so I cleaned them and replanted them, burying most of their stalk, into smaller pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest for better control.

I also set up a camera so I can monitor them without having to disturb them. Here is a pic of my view.

It's been about two weeks since I've planted my seeds and I have had some good growth.

My room temps get pretty high (96 F), but the fan keeps the plants cool. I plan on getting a 6" 400 cfm fam/filter combo which should help cool the room. Right now I am using the open window with a 100 cfm inline exhaust and a passive intake from the house.

Also, I have my tent and light finally. I plan to start flowering around July 1st.

It's been a week since my last post, so here is an update.

I transplanted my plants and gave them some fresh soil. I plan to throw them under 12/12 on July 1st.

After one week of flower, I have transplanted to larger containters. From 1 gallon pots to 5 gallon buckets. I have the plants running under a 250W HPS in a 2x3x5 tent for 12/12. No nutrients added thus far.

I am afraid the one on the far left is going to be a male, but no plants show signs of sex yet.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom