First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

Re: First Indoor grow with Deadhead OG, Kandy Kush and Tahoe OG

We're in the same boat. :high-five: I'm heading downstairs with my loupe to see if today is the day!

Your girls are looking lovely!

Have some well-deserved reps. :)

Thank you so much! I'm just loving following along on your grow too! I wish we could trade a little. :bravo:

We're 62 days into 12/12 today and I decided it was time... I pulled the Deadhead OG #1 out of the closet, trimmed her up, and put her into a bathroom that doesn't get used. I read that if you give them 24hrs of darkness before you harvest it helps build resin production. I waited this long... I can wait another day. I think the other plants are really going to like the extra light they're getting again. They all have good light all around them now and none are leaning on each other or the walls! :)

Here's a few pics of the Deadhead before she goes into darkness. I put the cigarette pack in the first pic so you can get an idea of the size.
DOG1_16.jpg

All the trichomes are nice and cloudy! A couple amber here and there. She's a 60/40 Sativa/Indica so I wanted to keep the Sativa effects and not let too many go amber.
DOG1_25.jpg

All the buds are nice and dense looking and smell heavenly!
DOG1_32.jpg

Next time I'll see her is when we hang these beauties.
DOG1_4.jpg

Today I started flushing the Deadhead plant #2. I'll have to get some more pics of the rest of the girls a little later. I have a batch of oil brewing up so I can make some brownies that I need to go check on... :thumb:

Here's some pics of the other 3 girls 62 days into 12/12.

I started flushing the Deadhead #2 today so she should have about 10-14 days till harvest. Her buds are really starting to thicken up!
DOG2_15.jpg

DOG2_27.jpg

The Tahoe is just... WOW! High Times said she was one of the worlds strongest strains for 2013. I think I can see why...
TOG15.jpg

Even the popcorn buds on the Tahoe are filling out!
TOG25.jpg

The Kandy Kush should probably start her flushing towards the end of the week. She'll be ready after the other Deadhead. It's kinda' cool seeing the different bud formations. The other plants are growing longer thinner cola's but the Kandy Kush is putting out these short but really fat buds. :)
KK216.jpg

KK120.jpg

Looking better than I had thought!

what temp and humidity did you keep them in when flowering?

+Reps!

Beautiful Island... +reps for the harvest and coming harvest.....:circle-of-love:

Thank you so much!!!

Looking better than I had thought!

what temp and humidity did you keep them in when flowering?

+Reps!

Thank you! For the humidity I was trying to get to around 45% but even with the dehumidifier running 24/7 I was never able to get it to stay below 55%. The Pacific North-West is known for it's wet winters and as I also live on an island we're close to 90% humidity outside at this time of year. I'm emptying the dehumidifier several times a day. LOL

And for the heat it's averaging the lower 70's at night and the mid to upper 80's with the lights on. After I added the dehumidifier and extra light I ended up going into the 90's a few times before I worked out everything. If I just keep the closet door open a couple inches during lights-on the temps stayed just right.

mine is on 38% and temp is mid 70s.
I think I have read somewhere that when in flower you should do your best to keep below 40%
I have either read this or had a dream about it. ha

bet it is a pain in the arse emptying that every other day but I suppose it is for a good cause LOL

Grown.

mine is on 38% and temp is mid 70s.

bet it is a pain in the arse emptying that every other day but I suppose it is for a good cause LOL

Grown.

Not every other day... When I wake up, when I get home from work and then one more time before I go to bed every day. LOL

Ha

no pain no gain!

Anyway Hurry up Kandy Kush!!!!!!!!

The first plant is hanging and the second one is flushing now. Seeing what this one produced I can't wait to see what the next one will look like. This is the Deadhead OG plant #1 drying now. When they all started flowering I was excited that she started flowering first. But now that I see what the extra week or so worth of growth did for the others I wish she would have waited a little longer too.
first1.jpg

This is the next one that will be harvested, Deadhead OG plant #2. We're 64 days into 12/12 now and I think she should have about 7-10 days left.
DOG4.jpg

Tomorrow should be the day I start flushing the Kandy Kush... I got home from work late today so I didn't get a good look at her before the lights went out. I'll decide in the morning...

Yep... Decided today was the day we start flushing the Kandy Kush. We're 65 days into 12/12 and she's starting to show that she's getting close to wrapping things up. The pistils aren't looking the best, the calyx are starting to swell, all kinds of fun stuff!

To give you an idea how nice and fat these are getting that's my smart-phone behind one. :)
kk121.jpg

I can't wait!!! When I open the closet door now it almost smells like someone sprayed a whole can of lemon pledge in there. I don't think I've ever tried anything that smells like she does. :yummy:
kk217.jpg

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you! For the humidity I was trying to get to around 45% but even with the dehumidifier running 24/7 I was never able to get it to stay below 55%. The Pacific North-West is known for it's wet winters and as I also live on an island we're close to 90% humidity outside at this time of year. I'm emptying the dehumidifier several times a day. LOL

And for the heat it's averaging the lower 70's at night and the mid to upper 80's with the lights on. After I added the dehumidifier and extra light I ended up going into the 90's a few times before I worked out everything. If I just keep the closet door open a couple inches during lights-on the temps stayed just right.
I'm having the same exact problem and solving it the same exact way....:circle-of-love:
Not every other day... When I wake up, when I get home from work and then one more time before I go to bed every day. LOL
Same exact way except I don't have to go to work....:circle-of-love:
Yep... Decided today was the day we start flushing the Kandy Kush. We're 65 days into 12/12 and she's starting to show that she's getting close to wrapping things up. The pistils aren't looking the best, the calyx are starting to swell, all kinds of fun stuff!

To give you an idea how nice and fat these are getting that's my smart-phone behind one. :)
kk121.jpg

I can't wait!!! When I open the closet door now it almost smells like someone sprayed a whole can of lemon pledge in there. I don't think I've ever tried anything that smells like she does. :yummy:
kk217.jpg
Looking forward to reading your review of this smoke....:goodjob:

Pure dank!
Thanks! I am soooo happy with the way these are turning out!

SWEET!!!!!! I can't believe this weekend should be the last fertilizing for the girls. The plant you can see in this pic is the Kandy Kush and she's been flushing for a few days now. I can't wait to wear the shirt out... Maybe I'll have to accidentally brush up against the plant so I'll have a little reminder when I go out. ;) :thanks:
DSCN4054.JPG

68 days into 12/12 and all the girls are flushing out now. I can't believe we're getting this close. Everything has been swelling up the past week and I've been having to add more stakes to help hold everything up. I even put a couple hooks in the wall that I'm using to help hold some branches up with wire.

This is the Deadhead plant #2. The calendar says she should be ready by Wednesday but I don't know. I'll be keeping a close eye on her but I'm thinking I have a little more than that left on her.
DOG21.jpg

DOG11.jpg

The Kandy Kush should be the one ready after the Deadhead. There should be about another week left on this one.
KK218.jpg

KK122.jpg

The Tahoe should be the last one ready. We should have almost 2 more weeks before she's finished.
TOG26.jpg

TOG16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom