First Indoor Grow

Sicivan

My 4 Candy Cane AF sprouted 11/15/17 in 75% coco and 25% perlite under the MarsII 1200 LED grow light in 3 gal fabric pots. I water them once a day with rain water or spring water. I'm going to lower the ph to 6 and start feeding them with calmag.
I would appreciate any tips or comments. I am just a novice and know I have a lot to learn.
IMG_20171130_092958776.jpg
IMG_20171130_092952894.jpg
IMG_20171130_092947541_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171130_092943374.jpg

My 4 Candy Cane AF sprouted 11/15/17 in 75% coco and 25% perlite under the MarsII 1200 LED grow light in 3 gal fabric pots. I water them once a day with rain water or spring water. I'm going to lower the ph to 6 and start feeding them with calmag.
I would appreciate any tips or comments. I am just a novice and know I have a lot to learn.
IMG_20171130_092958776.jpg
IMG_20171130_092952894.jpg
IMG_20171130_092947541_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171130_092943374.jpg

Looks great, and congrats on yer grow

Lights off pics are great, easier to see yer babies

What nutes ya planning on using?

Subbed in and watching. Get that cal mag going ASAP. 1/4 strength and water towards the outside of the pot. Small amounts so the roots search for the food. I'll get some people over here if you want.

Derby brought me here so I'm in! I love the way you planted toward the edge to make room for the LST around the pot...excellent foresight :)

Watering around the edge is the best advice, and as Pennywise taught me a while back...water slowly so it doesn't just run down the outside of the cloth pots. It takes patience but it keeps the water where it needs to be: in the soil!

Subbed and welcome aboard. I'm growing CKS Candy Canes too, but I'm growing them organically using salmon compost we make at work and supplementing it using fish wastewater. You can find my journal here Flytier's CKS Candy Cane Organic Closet Grow - Fall Of 2017

You can expect them to flower at about 3½ weeks, and when they start to get some fragrance to them it's divine!

Take care for now.

Derby brought me here so I'm in! I love the way you planted toward the edge to make room for the LST around the pot...excellent foresight :)

Watering around the edge is the best advice, and as Pennywise taught me a while back...water slowly so it doesn't just run down the outside of the cloth pots. It takes patience but it keeps the water where it needs to be: in the soil!

I keep meaning to plant off to the side but I always forget.

Do you need any other nutrients other than calmag? I'm not to sure about topping and bending.
Thanks for all the input so far,

S

I watch a lot of @pigeons420 videos, as I'm also new. He's a contributor to this forum, and his videos aren't boring to watch at all.

I have been living on youtube since I undertook this hobby.

If you're interested in reading material, I have loads of ebooks downloaded. Send me a PM and I can email you anything from how to roll a joint right up to the biochemistry of weed - and all points in between.

Do you need any other nutrients other than calmag? I'm not to sure about topping and bending.
Thanks for all the input so far,

S
In coco you should feed them a very small dose of nutes even now as coco has nothing in it. I would do 1/4 recommended cal mag and 1/8 recommended grow nutes and water slowly toward the outside of the pots.

You want to top autos somewhere between day 14-21. After that I wouldn't top it. Should have 4 nodes and you want to take just the top one off.
Way too early to be talking about bending them. Look up some journals on lsting (low stress training) and see how others do it. What you want to try to achieve is a canopy that is all the same height so when they start to flower all bud sites get even nutrients and light. You got this.

Back
Top Bottom