First Indoor HID Cab Grow- 250w MH 400w HPS

BubblyHash

So I have a few successful indoor harvests, but this is my first with high intensity lighting so I'm pretty pysched. Im using a 50/50 coco/perlite mix, and Pure Blend nutrients. I'm also waiting on a 4" inline fan and carbon filter that'll easily replace the air in my cabinet every 6 seconds. Sounds like a lot but it's necessary to keep fresh air coming in and temps down, since my lights have integrated ballasts. I guess the new thing is to answer the list of grow questions??? Ill give it a shot..

What strain is it? Blueberry, Jack Herer, Diesel, Super Silver Haze
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown to me.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All 4 in veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks down, 3 or 4 to go.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Each strain has a different flower time.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? 50/50 Coco/Perlite
If soil... what is in your mix? /
If soil... What size pot? Will flower in 2 gallon square.
Size of light? 250w MH for veg, 400w HPS for flower.
Is it aircooled? No.
Temp of Room/cab? 75-82F
RH of Room/cab? about 30%
PH of media or res? water @ ph 6.5
Any Pests ? Heavens no. (*knocks on wood*)
How often are you watering? Every to every other day
Type and strength of ferts used- PBPGrow,Liquid Karma,Cal-Mag- More to come.

I'll be posting pics from seedling to current stage.

31154.jpg
4803.jpg
ssh38.jpg
21282.jpg
d_ssh.jpg
jh_bb.jpg
cab18.jpg

Ok. Sprout pictures I cant tell whats what because I didn't get the name in the pic, but they're labeled so nothing got mixed up. The 2 with the burned leaves are Diesel and Super Silver. I'm new to coco and didn't know that it's usually flushed with seawater. So it was super high in sodium when I put the germed seeds in their new homes, resulting in the above burn, and naturally topping the diesel as a sprout. Now the D has two shoots, and is substantially shorter than the other 3. More pics to come.
D78.jpg
ssh212.jpg
jack10.jpg
bb95.jpg

Sorry about the terrible picture quality. If they're not showing up, I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know so I can fix them. But in order from top left the strains are- Diesel, Super Silver Haze, Jack Herer, and last but definately not least, Blueberry. Carbon filter should be here today. Sure they'll love the super boost of air. Fans rated @190 cfm...box is only 24cf...happy plants...

LST or SUPERCROP? That my friends, is the question. :thumb: Anyway I only have slightly over 3' of height to work with, but massive air flow and plenty of horizontal space...Not interested in ScrOG, and to those who were going to suggest that I apologize :peace: Maybe in future grows but for now I'm trying to avoid all the extra little things ScrOG would require. Any input is greatly appreciated

I once had an outdoor with 4 main colas instaed of 2, and I never knew exactly why. About 2 months ago I was browsing and saw a thread entitled, FUCK I MISSED. Come to find out i accidentally FIMd this particular plant, and have been curious about it since. So I decided I'd give it a shot on the Blueberry, since it was stretching more than the rest. I will post a picture of the FIM point, and also of the Diesel on which I started LST. The SSH and JH are going to be subjected to whichever I feel best suits the height restrictions of my cabinet.

FIM.jpeg
SSH1.jpeg
LST.jpeg
D1.jpeg

These are the Blueberry and Diesel experiments. Will post more pics when I see visible change. As for now heres the Jack and a side view of Super Silver.
BB1.jpeg
JH.jpeg
SSH.jpeg

Seems I mixed up the Jack and Blueberry...The pic I said was Jack is def the FIMd Blueberry. The Pic after the actual FIM is a top view of Jack. Sorry for any confusion.

So I went into the cabinet today to start some LST on Jack and saw 4 gnats. Never had a problem with pests before, so I'm kinda freaked out. If anyone could offer some advice I'd really appreciate it, as I don't know the good pest control products on the market from the bad. Please Help, before they devour my roots!!

Looking good brother.

Thanks TG! I also would like to thank you for the rights disclaimer, I definately copied and pasted it from your signature :thanks: I checked out a couple of your journals and I must say I'm pretty honored to have you following along with my grow. I know its still slow going but within the next couple weeks everything should start getting a bit more exciting. Again, thanks for following.
-BH

I am glad you are enjoying my journals. I am a new grower and am learning the ropes. I am starting the go big or go home mentality now and may find that I am trying too much but I like a challenge and so far things are going well. If I can get all my clones to take I will be breeding feminized seeds and also producing excellent buds rapidly. I am looking forward to seeing this grow and hope I may be of help if or when you need it. Do not be afraid to post in my journal or PM and I will get over here to help ASAP. May the Ganja Gods be with you.

So it's been a couple days since I fimd the Blueberry and I think it's doing the right thing :hmmmm: I have a close up to show the details. I also did some LST, which included a bit of rolling the main stem inbetween my fingers because Im pinched on time. There's a hurricane coming and if I lose power I do not want them to stretch too much while the lights are out. So I tied the Jack down a little more as well. Im not worried about the Diesel for obvious reasons, and the SSH seems to be staying short on her own. So heres the good part, BB first.
IMG_010819.JPG

IMG_010618.JPG

Nice super crop.

Thanks TG, I guess technically it is a supercrop, while being assisted with a little LST :thumb: I was actually trying for just a supercrop but it wouldn't lay over on it's own and I couldn't get up the gumption to pinch the stem any harder. I was going to post more pictures of the rest of them but I lost my internet, cable, and phone shortly after my last post. I also lost power for about 40 hours and these guys were sittin in the dark. While the temps dropped to 57 at one point, I wouldn't say any major damage occured. The bit of stretching they did actually seems to be helping the LST. I transplanted today into their final homes, and I'll be starting the transition to 12/12 on Sunday. I know, its early, but I was given these seeds and none are feminized, though the genetics are definite. So with this in mind, I'm not willing to waste more time, energy, nutes, or water than necessary on any potential males. When the sexes are figured out and they're about 3 weeks into flower, I'll be snipping clones off the females, and continuing this cycle for a perpetual grow. If there are any males, I may just keep it/them as potential father plants. I'll post pics tomorrow.

So after some examination I have come to realize the FIM was a FAIL. Lesson learned, I have to cut closer to the stem and on a tad bit more of an angle. People who say leave 20% of leaf matter when fimming are being generous. Give it more like 10%. I left 20% and it was just enough not to top the plant, but stunt the hell out of it and deform the new growth. Can't be mad, it's all for the benefit of knowing what to do next time. The LST seems to be my favorite method so far, as it doesn't stunt the plants growth. Heres the pics I promised....Btw I had some pH issues, due to being arrogant in assuming my well water would even out the pH after nutes. WRONG. Lol. It was under 6, don't know how far but 5.5 is when calcium starts locking out, and thats what my final diagnosis was. You can see some of the leaves which suffered lockout in the pics...
IMG_014519.JPG
IMG_014826.JPG
IMG_014925.JPG
IMG_015020.JPG
IMG_015124.JPG
And heres some of the stems. In order: Blueberry, Jack, SSH, Diesel.
IMG_015215.JPG
IMG_015319.JPG
IMG_015413.JPG
IMG_015520.JPG

So after some examination I have come to realize the FIM was a FAIL. Lesson learned, I have to cut closer to the stem and on a tad bit more of an angle. People who say leave 20% of leaf matter when fimming are being generous. Give it more like 10%. I left 20% and it was just enough not to top the plant, but stunt the hell out of it and deform the new growth. Can't be mad, it's all for the benefit of knowing what to do next time. The LST seems to be my favorite method so far, as it doesn't stunt the plants growth. Heres the pics I promised....Btw I had some pH issues, due to being arrogant in assuming my well water would even out the pH after nutes. WRONG. Lol. It was under 6, don't know how far but 5.5 is when calcium starts locking out, and thats what my final diagnosis was. You can see some of the leaves which suffered lockout in the pics...
IMG_014519.JPG
IMG_014826.JPG
IMG_014925.JPG
IMG_015020.JPG
IMG_015124.JPG
And heres some of the stems. In order: Blueberry, Jack, SSH, Diesel.
IMG_015215.JPG
IMG_015319.JPG
IMG_015413.JPG
IMG_015520.JPG

Oh and also I never hit the switch for flowering. After speaking with a much more experienced grower than myself, I've decided to keep vegging and when they're mature, take clones and use those to sex the plants. I'll be sure to label each one carefully though. Though my journal may stay boring longer, its worth it in the long run. At this point it's more for personal reference anyway, no one is truly interested til they see problems or nuggets =D

Hey all this is going to be the end of this journal, as it makes no sense to make a journal out of mother plants. I'll be starting another one under a different title, and if you so choose you can follow along I'll drop a link here and in my signature as soon as I start it.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom