First Indoor/Outdoor Organic Grow 2012 Many Pics

Texida Timwrp

This is my first thread after about two years of coming to this site.

I am currently starting an indoor closet grow which will lead to an outdoor transplant when the weather permits.

Strain:
5x Unknown bag seeds
I figure i'd get the method down before I buy the genetics

In veg: 5 Seedlings

Indoor and outdoor

Soil Mix:
50% River Run potting soil
50% Organic Grow moisture control

I will be using a small to Medium pot until placed outside.
Used this soil combination for aloe plants and various others. The plants are healthy and well.

Light:
I am using CFLs to light my room. Built custom cool reflector.
4x26 watt 6500k
2x26 watt 2700k

Temperature:
Here is where I may have an issue. My temps are 81 degrees on average. Is this too warm? Humidity stays at 40%-55%. One solution might be to put a clear film over the lights. Will 1/16 plexiglass work? See posted pictures.

I am using water from the tap. pH tested was 6.2

No fertilizers used yet

Light reflector without cool shield. Will 1/16 plexiglass work?
GOPR3133.JPG

Ionizer exhaust
GOPR3134.JPG

Lowered the light to appropriate height
GOPR3135.JPG

A couple of the seedlings, let them grow into very dank bud
GOPR3136.JPG

1/16th in plexiglass added to CFL reflector
GOPR3137.JPG

Plenty of room for plant growth
GOPR3139.JPG

If anyone has any tips that would be awesome. I don't know what ferts to feed these beautiful ladies. Any suggestions?

Figured I'd try a different method of smoking today.
This is what I came up with
Untitled40.png

Worked excellent
Untitled117.png

lookin pretty good.

i would personally get the light down just a bit more. other than that, looks good!

if i may suggest.. you might need some more perlite too. you should be ok, but, they love good drainage :)

Thanks both nibec and teSmp for the feedback, much appreciated.

Moved the lights down to about 1/2 in from the plexi, (leave a little space for growth). I watered them for the first time yesterday around this time. I used the knuckle trick and it is somewhat dry, I think the mix is good for now. I am going to look into nuts soon, probably within the next two weeks. I stabled the temp of the room at 77 day and 70-74 at night.
teSmp: I am moving these lovely ladies outside when the weather permits, so I'm just getting them a little head start until the real light comes.

*I will be updating this on a weekly basis; or as new things arise. Thanks*

nice job on the diy reflector looks great + reps. that should be enough lite to get them outdoors. just put them in partial shade until they get used to the sun.

Here are a couple new pictures. Day 13
IMG_20120330_093021.jpg

They are totally different plants. The bottom one could possibly be sativa but its hard to say at the moment. The top is looking more and more indica every day.
IMG_20120330_092937.jpg

They look good, but I see a bit of cupping. While this isn't a big problem, it could be from too much heat, lack of air movement, or not enough drainage in soil.. Potentially low rh too

It could also be start of mag def, but given they are in soil, and still tiny. That would be on the very very bottom of possibilities... Don't feed lol.

If you have a spare moment, double check those factors. If all looks good still, or you can't change the environment at all anyways, don't worry about it. It wont harm them. Just slow them down slightly

They look good, but I see a bit of cupping. While this isn't a big problem, it could be from too much heat, lack of air movement, or not enough drainage in soil.. Potentially low rh too

It could also be start of mag def, but given they are in soil, and still tiny. That would be on the very very bottom of possibilities... Don't feed lol.

If you have a spare moment, double check those factors. If all looks good still, or you can't change the environment at all anyways, don't worry about it. It wont harm them. Just slow them down slightly

Thanks for the interest in my grow nibec. :)

Sorry I was gone for the weekend. So my rh varies between 35% and 55% now. I am pretty sure that is in the ball park. I'm thinking if anything, they are cupping from too much heat. In the first 5 days of their lives the temps were at 81. Since then I have dialed it in to about 77 degrees. My airflow seems to be adequate, The intake fan blows right near the plants. One time a day I turn on a fan to help strengthen the stems for an hour to two hours. Should it be on more often for more airflow? Thanks!!!

Honestly I would run your "strengthening" fan 24:7 . Just don't have it so windy it wants to. Low them over. They like a breeze

Okay, main strengthening fan is set 24/7.

One issue with one of the plants: the bottom leaves started to turn yellow and eventually turned darker untill I cut them mid way. Don't know what it could be.

This is a picture of it. Sorry if it is a little blurry. Towards the bottom of the leaf that I cut you can see a bit of yellow/black.
IMG_20120403_101114.jpg

If it starts to happen again, take a pic before cutting. Chances are if you didn't fix the problem, and just chopped the leaf, it'll be back

Okay, I took a closer look after I took the infected leaves off. I would have taken a pic but my camera can't do the picture justice.

This is what it looks like:
-Leaf is deterating at the top. It looks as if the top layer is getting peeled off.
-Leaf feels dry on plant.
-Smells very pungent- don't know if it is just the strain or part of the problem.
Could it be an underwater issue? I just transplanted this guy into a bigger pot this morning. Roots looked healthy.
Would perilite help?

Thanks for your input.

you definatly want perlite in there... the more the better. as far as your issue... let it develop a little.

i know that sounds like a horrible idea.. but, without seeing how the damage looks, its really hard to diagnose.

the way you described sounded like a magnesium issue... but being so small in soil, i cant see that being the problem...

with that in mind... it could be sitting at a PH thats hard for your plant to uptake certain nutes.. whats your run off sitting at for ph?

Okay, got the perlite.

pH is out of range of my tester. I used a pH tester strip that reads from 6.2 to 8.4. Currently the first few drips from runoff are below 6.2. It is a few shades lighter. If I had to guess, the pH is around 5.7-9.

yeah, thats pushin pretty low for soil.. i would try to bring it up as you water, and hopfully she'll balance out.

i dont know if thats whats causing your issue, casue i mean. your not THAT far out, but, all strains react differently as far as PH/PPM sensitivity goes.

keep on doing what you're doing for now, and either someone else will chime in with some ideas, or we can get a leaf or two to show us whats wrong.

Alright here are some pics of the infected plant. Sorry about the unoriented pics, you'll have to turn your head.
IMG_20120405_223538.jpg

Underside of leaf
IMG_20120405_223615.jpg

This one seems to be doing well.
IMG_20120405_223626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom