First Indoor Soil Grow With 300W LED

53-21: As you all know I've been really worried about height. So after much research and time to think I've decided to do some bending. Yesterday I went in and bent the 2 tallest branches. Of course I was really worried about killing the plant. So I only started with one on each plant. What do you know today the tips and buds were turned up towards the light and thriving. So I may have bought myself a little bit more time in the tent.
When I fed them today I bent one more on BB2. She's growing out of countrol. I now see how my split on BB1 slowed her down some. Because BB2 had passed her up and isn't stopping anytime soon.
If anyone is wondering what bending is I'll explain.
Bending: you go several inches down from the top of the tallest branch. Then you roll the branch between your fingers until you feel the inside of the branch get kind of mooshy. Then you slowly bend the branch where it's facing the ground. I've read the beat time to do this is between week 2-4 of flower. Because the branches still have some flexibility in them. Afterwards the buds will start facing the light again. This will also help the light get to lower buds.

BB1
420-magazine-mobile1082214150.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2008069937.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1247583790.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile539533182.jpg

420-magazine-mobile660317111.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1084694465.jpg

Tent
420-magazine-mobile1716557995.jpg

55-23: Today I did a full trim on them both. So all the large fan leaves are off and there is plenty of room for light to get into all the nook and crannies on the plant. The pictures are before they were trimmed. But I'll take new pics next feed to see how they are looking.

BB1

420-magazine-mobile2003984625.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2031783118.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2119467810.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile875136572.jpg

420-magazine-mobile902888792.jpg

The girls look really good! I'm in a similar situation... mine are getting too tall as well. The bending is an interesting technique... not sure I would have been able to do it!!
Congrats for a job well done and going out and trying it! ..

The girls look really good! I'm in a similar situation... mine are getting too tall as well. The bending is an interesting technique... not sure I would have been able to do it!!
Congrats for a job well done and going out and trying it! ..

Ha. I kind of had no choice. But if it was a test I would have failed. I bent 4 of them and I think only 1-2 are going to make it. We'll see.
I just bought a new tent. Will be here Monday. It's 60" tall vs this one is 48"

Ha. I kind of had no choice. But if it was a test I would have failed. I bent 4 of them and I think only 1-2 are going to make it. We'll see.
I just bought a new tent. Will be here Monday. It's 60" tall vs this one is 48"
Good job on the supercropping i've seen and tried it a couple of times. Ive also seen where growers will do it all the way thru flower. We often worry about killing the plant with one wrong action but if you can split a plant down the middle and tape it back together without it dying a couple of broken branches wont kill it. Also when doing this method if you break too much you can use tape on them as well

Day 58-26: today they were a little dry. I harvest them a little water yesterday just so they would make it to today. Was trying to change there feed days. We leave for the weekend on Thursday. So I will water them Thursday before we leave and someone will come water them on Saturday.
The new 4x2 tent will be here tomorrow. Now they will have much more room to spread there wings. After the major trimming the other day, they are doing well and really low maintenance.
Since they're coming close to the end of week 4 of flower (26 days) they're growth spurt is about over. Now it's time to be patient and watch the buds get big and beautiful.

BB1
420-magazine-mobile1703573439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile310435776.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile1367165797.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1259509026.jpg

Good job on the supercropping i've seen and tried it a couple of times. Ive also seen where growers will do it all the way thru flower. We often worry about killing the plant with one wrong action but if you can split a plant down the middle and tape it back together without it dying a couple of broken branches wont kill it. Also when doing this method if you break too much you can use tape on them as well

Thank you for the reassuring words. The branches are actually still looking ok. They're not dead yet!
I'm excited for the next grow. I'll have much more room in the tent, so I won't be so worried about height. That was way my major problem here. I'll be able to let them grow and won't have drastic measures.

Thank you for the reassuring words. The branches are actually still looking ok. They're not dead yet!
I'm excited for the next grow. I'll have much more room in the tent, so I won't be so worried about height. That was way my major problem here. I'll be able to let them grow and won't have drastic measures.
Believe me these things that you are doing now you will still be doing later just with more confidence. Topping a plant let alone an auto was a scary thing for me but once you realize how hardy the plants are its almost like what cant i do to this plant...

I'm updated and subbed! You're killing it for your first grow imo. Did you get the Mars 300w for your second light?

I'm updated and subbed! You're killing it for your first grow imo. Did you get the Mars 300w for your second light?

Thanks! Yes I did, when I bought my first light I couldn't decide which one to get. So I decided I'd eventually get one of each.
The Mars has a pinker light, the viperspectra has a more white light.

Day 66-34: Sorry everyone I was out of town for the weekend and it was crazy before I left.
But the girls are doing great. They love the new tent and all the room to grow.
The buds are starting to fill in nicely. BB2 is doing amazing. You can tell she's had no issues because she's still kickin it and getting tall. BB1 isn't growing near as tall anymore with all her set backs she's slowed up a lot. But her buds are still growing nicely.
They re still receiving the same feed strength every other day.
We are almost 5 weeks in and I'm wondering if I should start backing off on some of the nutes. I'm going to do a little research and see what I come up with.
Inside the tent BB1-left and BB2-right

Tent:
420-magazine-mobile1693231884.jpg

BB1
420-magazine-mobile902286274.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile1374046549.jpg

Just found this thread!!! I'm running a really similar setup on my first grow as well! This really helps me feel more confident! Thank you for your great posts and keep up the awesome work!

Thanks stoned vet. Good luck with your grow. How far in are your plants?

I'm at day 28 for veg right now actually thinking about taking my handwritten journal and posting it up.

Yeah. The journal makes such a big difference. It makes it easy to look back on what you have done and at the same time you have other growers that can give you valuable advice or tips. I don't think I could do it without the journal.
If you do end up making one let me know, I would like to follow your journey.

Yeah. The journal makes such a big difference. It makes it easy to look back on what you have done and at the same time you have other growers that can give you valuable advice or tips. I don't think I could do it without the journal.
If you do end up making one let me know, I would like to follow your journey.
Soil - Bag Seed GG4 - Grow Journal - 2017

Soil - Bag Seed GG4 - Grow Journal - 2017

Day 70-38: Hey everyone, so the ladies are 38 days into flower and I am going to wait another 2 weeks or so until I start cutting back on my nutes and flushing. I'm just worried I'll do it to soon and they won't be ready.
BB1 is having set backs, her split slowed her down in growth tremendously. It's sad, because she had some serious potential in the beginning. But I guess you grow and learn and know to start my Bowl training earlier and try not to tug on them so much in there older stage.
Today they received there normal bloom feed strength and got turned a little bit so there receiving light evenly. BB2 is growing so nicely and her buds are filling in too. BB1 hasn't made much progress in the last couple days. Hoping her stunted spell ends soon.
I posted some crappy pictures below, sorry I was to lady to take them out, close the tent and photograph each plant.

BB1 (left)
420-magazine-mobile767160156.jpg

420-magazine-mobile712154338.jpg

BB2 (right)
420-magazine-mobile1367877071.jpg

Tent
420-magazine-mobile93993968.jpg

Back
Top Bottom