First Journal - 18th Grow - Growing 4 Strains From A 420 Magazine Sponsor

GroundControl

I have been doing grows on and off for many years.
After reading on here I have learned so much that this Feels like my first grow again.
And believe me when I say my grows were nothing to write home about,
Grow a crop during the summer to last me through the winter.
Well this grow will be the first time using some decent seeds.
I got the seeds on Tuesday about 5:00 Pm...and had 4 of them in water by 10:00 Pm.
I was so excited having good strains to plant, it took me hours to decide which strains to do.
I picked a Big Buddha Big Cheese (back left in picture)(Fem)
I picked a Paradise Seeds Sensi Star Feminized.(Front Left in picture).
Next I picked 2 regular Electric Lemon G regular seeds. Back Right In Picture.
I placed the seeds in folded up paper towels and drenched then in nice warm water and found a warm spot to put the seeds.
3 of the seeds popped before 24 hours was up.
I was so pleased the 3 popped that quickly. Rarely has the bagseed I've been using popped in less that 24 hrs.
Most around 32 hours or more.
I placed the 3 popped seeds in dry rockwool cubes and put into Hydroton clay pellets,
and then watered ever 6 to 10 hours with just plain tap water.
The Fourth seed never popped (is the any kind of germination guarantees from seed banks?) .
Ive been reading a lot of threads and have learned many new things about growing etc.
I have read its best to use this or that and everyone had a different way to start the seeds.
I decided that since the first 3 were lanky..(I had gotten a New TopLed LED).
I had the new LED lite too far way. it was like 3 to 3 1/2 feet away..where my HPS had been.
I dropped the light down to about a foot off the girls. That stopped the lankyness I hope.
So I then planted a Vision Seeds Crystal Queen Feminized into some solution. I decided to soak the Rock Wool this time in a 5ml to 4gal solution of FloraBloom and tap water. I left the rock wool soaking in there until the last seed popped. It actually took about 30 hours to pop the last seed in the same solution in papertowels.
I then placed the seed into the soaked rockwool. It took 2 days more to pop out of the rockwool. Two long days of me sweating over did I kill the seed by too much water/solution drowning the seed. At least 2 times I got up to look at the rockwool thinking about squeezing some of the solution out. I was able to hold out..and the last seed then popped out of the rockwool.

Comparing the looks of the stems in the picture, the 3 that lanked out a little the stems are still lanky and having trouble holding them selves up still.
The stem of the one that I soaked in the FloraBloom solution is nice and fat looking. So I would have to say that the usage of the Florabloom made a noticeable difference.
The 5ml of H202 probably didn't hurt either.

4Seedlings.jpg

Re: First Journal, 18th grow. Growing 4 strains from a 420Magazine.coms sponsor.

Nice to see you posting on 420mag. Your setup is awesome. I wish you the best

Re: First Journal, 18th grow. Growing 4 strains from a 420Magazine.coms sponsor.

Im wondering if there is a problem already, the 3 oldest ones haven't seemed to grow very much in the last 4 days.
I haven't gotten any confidence in the LED Light yet. I'm tempted to put the HPS 400W back in instead of the LED to see if thats the issue.
The leaves on them look fairly dark, it doesn't appear that they are starved for nutes.
My ph is about 6.2 and like i said the Current nutes are at 5 ml to 4 gallons of tap water. About the weakest I can make a solution.
Any one have any ideas what could stunting their growth?

Here is a closer view of 3 plants.
028_-_Copy.jpg

Big Cheese Day 8
026_-_Copy.jpg

Lemon G Day 8
025_-_Copy.jpg

Crystal Queen 2 days old.

The Growth is slow.
They are in Hydrotan rocks with GH Flora Series nutes.
The solution is approximately 2.5 ml of each of the 3 nutes, micro,agro and bloom, to 4 gallons of well water.
They are under a 400 watt LED From TOPLED.
Humidity is about 67% and Temp is 73.
PH Level is about 6.2% .
I dont have a PPM Meter. Ive only ever gone with teaspoon measurements..weakest is what these are under. Normally I would have left them at plain well water, but because they seem so slow that I decided to make sure it wasn't a want for food, and added the weakest amount of nutes.
Adding the Nutes hasn't made any appreciable difference.
I have a fan on them but its like 2 inchs too high, and barely blows on the one in the back right that is flopped down..the fan pushed it down into rocks the way is hanging to the left.
I'm going to try to lower the fan a little more so they are blowing accross the seeds them selves. Right Now I'm thinking maybe an air problem. And probably easiest thing to do with no adverse effects is finding something to put fan on the would lower it 3 or 4 inches.
If the fan doesn't promote better growth, then Im going to try a nutrient flush with just plain tap (will adjust PH to about a 6 though).

Adjusting the fan didn't hurt any but I don't see where it made too much difference either.

These plants are so slow.
I think I will take one plant and flush it out and see if that has any profound change on the growth rate.

They are trying to grow roots. I tried one with GH Farm kit and never got any roots. Just hang in there. Try 2ml of GH RapidStart per gallon of water. That helped with start of my grow. Get yourself a ph meter. Important. Good Luck!

:geek:
WJ

They are trying to grow roots. I tried one with GH Farm kit and never got any roots. Just hang in there. Try 2ml of GH RapidStart per gallon of water. That helped with start of my grow. Get yourself a ph meter. Important. Good Luck!

:geek:
WJ

Thanks WildJim

I put the LED's back in today at 24 inchs. Seems it should be a few inchs closer.
The Plants did respond to having the HPS Light up there, by growing a little.

Im going to drop them to 18 inch.. The Paper Dennise showed me said 1.5 ~ 2 ft.

Heres 2 Seedlings on day 16
2 Pics didn't make it up.
Ill add tomorrow.

This is the Big Cheese

This is the Sensi Star. Look at those Indica Leaves.

Heres the Missing 2 pictures.

Lemon G day 16 (Regular Seed).
0031797.jpg

Crystal Queen day 10
0021872.jpg

Heres the Sensi Star on day 20
The Plant was Bleached early on and the center growing shoot was bleached.
Its now recovered and has formed a Y. Now it looks like 2 growing parts.

0011887.jpg

Today I decided I needed a buzz..but don't have any buds.
So my 21 day old Lemon G has its 3 node and the Fan leaves that had 5 fans lost the biggest fan on 2 leaves today.
I quick dried them and smoked them, figuring I couldn't get much of a buzz from a 21 day old leaf.
Well it turns out I was able to get the smallest little buzz from them, and 1/2 hour later its already fading.
But it was sure nice to get a feel of things to come from these plants.

Heres a pic of the one I snipped a section of the fan leaves to dry and smoke.
0011892.jpg

Subscribed. A cannabis plant in vegetative growth will have some cannabinoids but will not have any THC in the leaves. Only when the cannabis plants are flowered are trichomes developed on the leaves and buds that will contain cannabinoids and THC among them as the trichomes mature.

Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Subscribed. A cannabis plant in vegetative growth will have some cannabinoids but will not have any THC in the leaves. Only when the cannabis plants are flowered are trichomes developed on the leaves and buds that will contain cannabinoids and THC among them as the trichomes mature.

Well I have been smoking 'leafers' for many years.
Most leaves must form THC at some point..because I know I've been getting a buzz from them for a long time now, unless cannabinoids gets one high.
The plants being as young as they are now..they haven't developed much at all, but after 5 or 6 nodes..They should provide an ok buzz.
Its not super strong or anything...but it holds me over until the buds are formed.

Heres some updated photos . Day 23
Notice the grow point on the Sensi Star split into a Y (presumed from earlier bleaching).
IMG_0097_1_2.JPG

IMG_0098_1_2.JPG
IMG_0099_1_2.JPG
IMG_0095_1_3.JPG

Heres All Four of my plants.
Top Left is Big Buddha Big Cheese
Top Right is Electric Lemon G
Bottom Left is Paradise seeds Sensi Star
Bottom Right is the Crystal Queen 6 days younger than other 3
IMG_010332.JPG

Back
Top Bottom