First Journal Attempt

jaydee808

aloha, now that my girlscouts are in thier first week of flower, figured i'd get the next grow going and attempt my first journal. Got 3 unknown seeds and 3 mendos. 5 of dem Suckaz popped after 2nd day of germ. with some very healthy looking tap roots. two of them already came out the shell before i could get em in soil. they germinated a whole lot quicker than my gSc's did with taps twice as long. now just waiting on the last one to pop & hopefully this will be a good start to another great indoor grow

420-magazine-mobile923558852.jpg

well i figured i'd just stick to four plants for this grow and just grow them bigger, instead of 6 smaller plants, so i ended up scrapping the other two seeds. got plenty more seeds in the bank just in case things go south since my first grow is coming along well figured i'd do the same and go with the only nutes coming from my beta fish water and the mg soil thru veg phase. yes i said it, MG soil, i know its a big no no to most, but im still a beginner grower and on a budget, but hey my gSc grow is coming along just fine with MG. just gotta be real disciplined with the watering when using mG iMo... but anyways these are on 2nd day in soil. gonna transfer and bury them more into a better medium after they stretch a little bit. kinda nervous to put my lights closer and risk frying them since im experimenting with this combo of a cfl heat lamp and led lightbulb to start them, so im already expecting a stretch issue, but ive learned how to fix stretch issues on my last grow with the help of everyone here so no worries there and thank you to all who helped but they do seem to be responding well to the heat from the cfl and the light from the extra LED. thought i'd try and do this grow with more lighting than my last one and since this will be a winter grow figured i need to find ways to keep things warm for now. i started my last grow with a combo of led and windowsill light and they were very slow to start and growth was slow first four weeks of veg. but with the heatlamp and led light combo im seeing much faster results. i ran em 24/0 for the first day in soil and they broke ground first day, so i figure i'll run the lights on 21/3 for today and get it down to 18/6 by the end of the week. and hopefully next week i can get em under my leds where its much cooler so i can get the light much closer. they germinated way quicker than i expected and in only one day popped out of the shell and soil lol, haven't had a chance to run to the store yet to re up on proper soil and accessories. but strangely they did seem to have taken a liking to this bland vigoro garden/potting soil i found in the garage and are doing fine. but i know i gotta correct the soil issue soon but hey it goes to show that these plants don't really need too much to grow!!! just some love and attention seems to be enough... perfect example of K.I.S.S. so anybody with opinions and advice i would gladly appreciate your comments and support and hopefully this will be a great indoor grow
420-magazine-mobile255106329.jpg

420-magazine-mobile174606758.jpg

3rd day in soil, was finally able to transfer them into better soil with some perlite mix in it and hopefully they take to it happily... the three mendo madness' are looking good, but worried about the unknown strain plant. it broke soil but the shell hasnt come off yet. Hoping its nothing bad and I'll be patient enough to just let it work it out on its own. Gotta fight the urge to wanna help take off the shell and risk damaging and killing her. this is where patience is key i guess. Also switched the heat bulb to an LED. i felt the lamp was definately getting too hot, dont wanna risk it catching fire while im away from the house. but im able to bring the light closer and prevent too much stretch so im happy.
420-magazine-mobile1977267799.jpg

420-magazine-mobile150643470.jpg

had to go away for five days, just got back and im very relieved that my babies survived while i was gone. the three mendos are looking great for the week, but the unknown has some issues. idk if it can correct itself but looks like it was in the shell for too long or maybe it was from not having water for five days or from too much water before i left for my trip. but the mendos look like they are thriving and the stretching is under control. gonna move them into thier new homes under a nice 600w LED in a couple days and hopefully they continue to grow happily & rapidly.
420-magazine-mobile1157980923.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2065773722.jpg

Looking great there! I Did Some mini operation with my Royal AK Auto that had Its shell stuck... Two needles, a big hit of a smoke and verry steady... I got it perfectly removed.. it was Only after that I tought How much damage I Could have Done..

They look happy and I am in ^^

thanks, well the three mendos are, not too sure on the unknowns issue. the leaves are very rigid and curled up but they are green. hopefully she gets better. gotta do some research, never came across this problem yet.

I think She Will be fine.. but i am new to This to so Its just a tought ;)

Looking great there! I Did Some mini operation with my Royal AK Auto that had Its shell stuck... Two needles, a big hit of a smoke and verry steady... I got it perfectly removed.. it was Only after that I tought How much damage I Could have Done..

They look happy and I am in ^^
yeah ive read some horror stories about those kind of operations, i try my best to fight the urge to wanna do too much for my ladies. LoL... im glad to hear u have the hands of a heart surgeon and all worked out well.

has anybody ever come across this issue and have any solutions on how to correct it and what it may be? i would appreciate any help, opinions, or advice. the leaves are curling and very defined and there is some minor yellowing of the cotyledons. she was the last to break soil and was in the shell way longer than my other three seedlings. also i had to leave for five days, so i watered heavily the day i left, so could it be under or over watering maybe? the ph level is fine on my soil as well as the hieght of the lighting and temp in room as the other seedlings are fine. is this something i should be concerned about? a friend already commented to not worry . but from seeing how well my other three are doing, its hard not too.

420-magazine-mobile90973810.jpg

420-magazine-mobile733722384.jpg

yeah ive read some horror stories about those kind of operations, i try my best to fight the urge to wanna do too much for my ladies. LoL... im glad to hear u have the hands of a heart surgeon and all worked out well.

Well Normally I dont have steady hands at all! That was so funny about it.

For next generation seeds I got the tip to put them a little deeper in the ground. This way the seedshell has to work Its way true dirt and fall off. Not Sure If This was deep enough and just a bad-ass-seed-shell of a little to much planted to the surface... Anyway Lets cross fingers She Will make a comeback and become the biggest :)

I'm here for the ride, don't worry about the hate on MG soil - all that matters is that you're growing your own medicine, my friend! I've seen it work wonderfully for many people

I'm here for the ride, don't worry about the hate on MG soil - all that matters is that you're growing your own medicine, my friend! I've seen it work wonderfully for many people
thanks for the assurance... i think mg works for me, here are my gSc's in 2nd week of flower using mG and everything seems to have turned out fine so far...
420-magazine-mobile1000665874.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1538228237.jpg

420-magazine-mobile912835839.jpg

Looks good! definitely interested in seeing how they run for you

glad to have u around for the ride shorti... i just pulled up a chair to ur clone grow and i would love to try supercropping in the future, hopefully after i watch ur show i can learn enuff to attempt to try it on my next batch. ✌

two weeks from seed, everything seems fine, and tiny tina looks like she's recovering alright, starting to straighten out and perk up. its a beautiful morning out here in the desert so i figured i'd let em bask and enjoy the sunshine for a little while btw, the ladies in the solo cups seem to be growing much quicker than the lady in the clay pot for some reason, smh i thought plants are suppose to be bigger when they have more space to grow... another lesson learned i guess
420-magazine-mobile208330918.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1042410118.jpg

two weeks from seed, everything seems fine, and tiny tina looks like she's recovering alright, starting to straighten out and perk up. its a beautiful morning out here in the desert so i figured i'd let em bask and enjoy the sunshine for a little while
420-magazine-mobile208330918.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1042410118.jpg

They're loving life Jaydee, they're well on their way

Back
Top Bottom