First Journal: Mid Grow

Damnit so I had a random mixed in with the raspberry cough and it showed it's hairs before flower but must have been a hermie. Either that or I stressed them out while moving but either way they have seeds. I just noticed Idk how but how bad will this effect yield and potency? Also what is best way to remove seeds leaving smokable bud? Thanks.

First Journal - Mid Grow

It depends on how bad she's seeded. The buds could only have a few seeds or they could be packed with them. This will determine how your yeild is affected too. A few seeds won't matter but 200 will..

I've heard most people say that potency is affected too but I grew a seeded hermie and her potency was still strong and she stank and I smoked every last bit of her..

I wouldn't worry about the seeds now. Let them grow. But I would search all my plants up and down looking for the culprit. A hermie plant will get seeds on everything in the tent and is spread with your fans. I would also suggest a good cleaning to your grow space to get rid of any pollen that might still be lurking around. If you can't find a hermie than it might be a nanner and they don't wreck havoc like a hermie will.

I will search for culprit but I'm pretty sure I know which one it is. One plant has no swelling where buds are just a little nugget that's filled with seeds. That was the random. All the feminized raspberry cough look like they just have a few seeds throughout nugs. So disappointing. But I will make up for if next grow. My new space is legit. Thanks Twox.

First Journal - Mid Grow

Dang, they are all pretty badly seeded (the raspberry cough) are all those seeds tainted or would it be possible to get some females oit of the bunch. Wondering if they will carry hermie traits although I still can't really find the source. The buds still look great I'll post pics later but super dissapointed.

First Journal - Mid Grow

Thanks for the help all. I chopped a branch early and the seeds were pretty immature still and the bud still tasted good so it's not all bad. And I did find the cause some lower nugs on one of the randoms I threw in there had a few nanners popping out. Never noticed because it was too crowded in tent. Live and learn.

First Journal - Mid Grow

Gonna try that screen thing never have before...here is a nug shot...
420-magazine-mobile728943390.jpg

First Journal - Mid Grow

Thanks a lot i haven't even tried it yet going to let it dry and cure properly. Getting prepped for my next journal which is going to be organic grow. Here are some trimmed shots of the cough. Not bad despite the seeds. I can live with it...

420-magazine-mobile1024697491.jpg

420-magazine-mobile874128773.jpg

None of the seeds are mature except for maybe one or two so it had to have happened late in flowering. You live and learn. Thanks for reading everyone this was a fun first journal. My next will include much more detailed info about the lights, nutrients, and training methods. Peace

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom