First Journal with Kinda Second Grow with History - WooHoo

gwhiz

Ok to explain the title.
Several years ago I just wanted to grow some weed. So was in Canada and mailed some seeds bought at a seed bank to my home.

Put my seeds into shot glasses with paper towel wrapped so that the paper towel held the seeds against the sides of the shot glass.
Seeds germinated, all of em for 5 total.
Went out side and scraped some "dirt" into some 5" pots.
Plants popped thru the dirt and kept growing upward.
Somehow I sprayed one with I dont know what and lost that plant, now down to 4 babies.
When I felt like it I put them into 12" pots. BTW I was running a 600 watt HPS light in the corner of my basement.
Plants just keep on growing like weeds. Determined that one was male so moved that one off to distant location so that I could see what male plants do. Had pollen all over about an 8' area.
So now down to 4 plants.
BTW my " grow room" was card board walls enclosing about a 4'x4' space. That light that I mentioned came from work. It was a standard High Bay fixture that a buddy in maintenance gave me. Magnetic ballast.
So my plants just keep on growing and growing. I water as I see the soil-dirt pull away from the sides of the pots.
I switched my light to 12/12 just on a guess and things went along fine. The plants smelled great and were pretty and green and BIG.
When I ran out of vert space I cut the plants off and let dry.
My yeild was what I thought pretty good. But I also added leaf, didnt know any better at the time. So was bud and leaf but no stems.
I got a total of 6 gallon jars plus 4 mason jars.
Gave it away to friends. They all raved about it waning more.
That was the beginning.

So now December 2012 my wife was diagnosed with multiple metastasized breast cancer. Finally I stumbled onto RSO oil and I feel the need to use for her condition.
I tried to grow a couple of plants but didnt happen, this is what took place.
My seeds germinated just fine. But as soon as I put them into soil then just didnt do anything. I did get one plant that was just sickly. Could not ever get her to green up. Would stay a sickly yellow no matter what I did.
Fiddled and fiddled around with it and finally when it got to be roughly 2' tall I let her go. Time to cut losses and move on. That plant and those seeds were KC Brains Damage, Indica, high THC which is what I want for my RSO to be.

This brings me up to the present.
5/27
Begin germinating 4 KC Brains Afghany Special Regular. Indica high THC.
Germinate same as above in shot glass with paper towel however this time I put a double plastic beer cup over the shot glass to keep it dark inside. Never did this before.

5/28 I have one very sickly KC Brains Afghani Special Regular plant that I germinated in soil. The plant is growing but not much and very sick looking all the time.
This is the soil that I used for this plant...Well gonna have to find out how to post attachments but will get the photos up soon.

Anyway I am tired of looking at this poor sick little plant and am going to take a drastic measure. I am guessing that the plant is burning from the very rich composted soil mix that I am using. Will have to save that for more developed plants apparently.
So I went out into my yard and scooped up a pot of dirt right off the ground. Its relatively clean cuz I have dogs and do not use sprays etc in the back yard area.
I took that plant out of the original pot and soil and rinsed the roots very gently. Then I put her in the yard dirt.
Now she is beginning to like what she is...weed!
Her newest leaves are nice dark green instead of lime or lemon yellow with brown spots. Just a nice uniform deep lovely green and she has some aromatics too, you all know that scent. Now Im happy with her.
Photo to come.

Also changed my light over from HPS to MH and that poor little plant seems to like it.

6/1 Put my 4 sprouted seeds into Dixie cups filled with seed starter mix no nutes. I just set them on the surface and then pushed them in a little bit with a pencil erasure. Then I gave them each a few sprays with a spray bottle of PH adjusted water. Im on a well and my water is hard I have to use PH up to get it to 6.2.

6/5 Today I see that one of my spouted seeds has that tap root kind of curling upward and then plunging down to find that soil. Makes me feel good. Other 3 are showing signs of life too so g2g IMO.
Gotta read how to post pics so that I can get some visuals for you all.
Also today I crumbled just a little bit of that composted soil as a top dressing for that little pot in the pic and put it outside in the sunshine. Of course will bring it back in before sundown to keep my 16/4 light schedule.

My plans are to go Hempy Bucket on all of this. I love KISS and hempy bucket is KISS to me.

Went on a shopping trip the other day. Got 7, 3 gallon pails for $1.00 each at the dollar store. (Black color)
I also got a 5 gallon pail with lid from my buddy that owns the restaurant that we eat breaky at. He even ran it thru his commercial dishwasher for me. Gr8 guy. The 5 gal will be my cloning machine.
Got my pearlite on order from ebay for my hempy buckets.
Was researching about cloning buckets/machines. I decided to go with a pond fog/mister instead of a spray system. Found them on Ebay for $5.00 ea. so ordered 2 of em. Can always switch if I dont get the results that I expect. I have a timer laying around that I can use for the cloner, so I think I am g2g there too.
Ok gotta find out how to put up pics.

Re: First journal with kinda second gro with history. WooHoo

To upload pictures you want to look at the 420 Magazine tabs, above USER CP will be a tab called "GALLERY", if you click that you get a drop down, and select upload photos. You can then name, date, add descriptions, etc. At the bottom of the page it will show a tab to select your own photos from your files. Then click upload, they will process, and show you the finished product. From that point your photos will be accessible in your posts on the bottom left of the reply box, "My Photos".

Got it and thanks brother. At least I can put a link up to the gallery. Is it possible to put thumbnails into the text?

A question for who ever will answer.
Im on well water. My PH is 6.8-7.2, my alkalinity is 180. I know that PH is prolly a concern, need to get it down to 6.0 but what about alkalinity? Do something about it or forget it?

Do you let your water sit for 24 to 48 hours? That will drop the ph naturally. At least it does with mine. Mine goes from 8.3 to 7.2 after 24 hours of sitting open

Nope didnt know to do that. Are you on a well Peyt? I know that works for chlorine but didnt know for Ph too. Will set a glass out tonight and let you back in 24 hours.

12 hours and counting down to 24. Have not checked Ph yet will wait for the full 24 hours. An excersize in patience.

nice thread interested to see what comes of it. check out what I'm doing. I'm going to figure out how to put my grow in my signature so everyone can check it out it's titled light dep/ outdoor grow. I'm using a large (pop-up) greenhouse which is treating me very very very well.

I use smart pots they seem to help me tons in the realm of pots. not to hard to transplant from but tricky. also you should read as much as possible. and everyone has their own ways you can learn something from everyone.

ive never heard of 16/4 light schedule? 24hr 18/6 15/9 is what I'm familiar with

So looks like I need to use Ph down. This is after about 30 hours just sitting out on the counter top.

Well IDK whats going on. I am doing the photes the same as I did above but not all of them just loop back the "Forums"
Any help plz?
Am doing what Street Dweller said to do and it was working , but now it dosnt...

Ok thanks Peyt will work on that.
A few things.
I got an idea last night when I was supposed to be asleep. What if I were to take my seedlings as soon as they were ready to go from their dixie cups and put them in the clone machine? IMO that would produce an excellent root mass in the shortest amount of time cuz thats what cloners do. Then from the cloner directly into the3 gal hempe bucket.
Next, I aquired a 1000 watt light. No ballast but the light only. Right now I am running 2 600 wat lights and with the MH/HPS combined bulbs of course I can go either way. Right now MH.
My grow area is 8'x8' and I want to grow hemp scrog between 10 and 15 plants at a time. I am time limited so speed and quality are everything to me. The questions is, is it worthwhile to aquire the ballast for that 1000 light or run another 600 watt?
The last pic that I put up was showing that after 30 hours of my water setting out on the counter top no change. So gonna have to adjust.

Funny thing. When I first put the photo links up they worked fine but now none of them do. I know they worked fine cuz I checked then when I put them up and the links took you right to the photo that I was wanting for everyone to see. Now all of em just loop back to the Foruma main page. HMMM...

Ok gonna try it again to put up the link to the photo on my water Ph.

2014-06-08-10-48-20_photo.jpg

This is crazy it even came up in the post. Hmmmm.
Anywho the test stick on on the right for comparison. This is after 30 hours of a cup of water setting out on the counter top.
Gonna need to Ph down def.

Yep def need the PH down in this case. Hey Peyt did you get a chance to check out post #16, thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom