First large sog. plz help clarify some issues/ questions

flighhy

First time poster, returning to grow after a decade...

Trying the sog method for first time on a serious scale
Few simple questions:

Which is more productive? Switching to 12/12 two weeks after plants grow four leaves, or at one ft height? What are the advantages /disadvantages to each?

Any advice on perpetual harvest systems is much appreciated.

methods to increase speed and yields would be greatly appreciated

Also plz read thru my setup atm n speak ur mind.

Here's my setup plans as of now we have 1/4 done in flower and germ/veg tables. Aka one of each
I will have four 4x8 flowering tables with 200 babies per in 2L pots. 1000w HP's per table.
Also a germination / clone / veg room of 4x8 dimension four stories tall 12" height per story between lights and surface of soil. This area is run off cfl n fluoros at 75w per baby 6500k daylight lights with a small supply of Blacklight's coral lights and 2700k mixed in at 25w per plant average. this area will b for germ new strains n root clones only and bring them to point of flowering. They will then be tranaferred to other tables. there is also a four by four mother room to keep some mamas to supplement the clones taken before we move to flower and keep all strains we grow alive for possible future breeding. Plz any advice or help is appreciated. Using a 10 52 10 root extractor and also a 10 15 10 nute after two applications of root extractor. This strains starting with 1000 seeds germinated n raised from there. All areas are wrapped with mylar, little patch left to do need to get more... Thinking of doing four tables per strain two cycles and then pick a mommy n order new seeds. Does this all seem viable? I will upload pics once I learn to lol. ty to all ppl here whether u post a response or not bc u all have provided me with so much help as refreshers and new info thru this forum.

Welcome to the forum!

Man, I thought I'd be able to help you out. The scale you're dealing with is much larger than mine. I can only flower up to 121 clones at a time.

Did I read that right, you started a thousand seeds? Dang.

I guess the only things I can say is to start a grow journal (please). Dealing with clones is always faster than dealing with seeds. Get your strain mothers established and keep them gals happy and everything else will fall into place.

There should be a Photo Tutorial Sticky at the top of this section. I'll find it and post it for you.

Ty for prompt response josh. I have kept a photo journal along the way. I have a semi photographic memory so I can look at each days pics n know what that day was and all I did. I may keep a written one as well. My pics are I. My gallery gotta post here. We (there's three of us involved. All medical users with a need to stay natural and avoid the pills) plan to clone and also cycle strains to avoid becoming immune to the smoke. We will also be asking for much guidance on concentrates as I plan to dispense throughout my oncologists patients for FREE. Many ppl here cannot get legal cards in time and I know they need it. All help is very much appreciated by many needy suffering ppl. Btw josh... Does this seem too ambitious?

I meant a Doing a grow journal on this forum. See the the green writing in my signature? Those are my humble journals. I hate to even mention them because I'm a little fish compared to you.

Having a grow journal on here is really beneficial. You will get advice from the best growers in the world, and in pseudo real-time. There's a lot of different grow styles. Everyone brings something unique to the conversation. I get some of the best advice from people that grow outdoors.

I know I'd personally like to see a HUGE SOG grow. I don't think it's too ambitious. I know I could maintain that many if I didn't have two jobs. If things start getting overwhelming, just reduce the number of plants. Maybe have fewer, but larger plants.

Best of luck to you and all your future endeavors. Free meds...:bravo:

Im not a big fish bro just a big aquarium lol

I will definitely do the journal if it will be so beneficial

Do u have a kik kakao whatsapp Fb or other messenger? I could use a friend to help me learn to navigate here.

And I feel u on the overwhelming work involved. We are actively searching for a fourth. We don't wanna get involved with dealers or recreational users (aren't all users at leasta lil recreational. Its a social thing hard to smoke alone). IMO medicallly Dependant (or someone who chooses the herb over western medicine for religious or other beliefs) type person is only ppl gonna b in same mindset as us three. This is not for profit and we must remain 100% committed as a team. For most this risk isnt worth it unless they're in full understanding of what's being done. I am a cancer patient and have smoked for PTSD when I have bad attacks, the other two suffer from severe scoliosis and chrons disease. One of their sons has cp as well and the green help his pain. Does it sound logical to actively recruit or should we just cull the herd if were overwhelmed? I'm sure u can tell I'm the six or so plants kinda guy. I feel like I'm trying to build a skyscraper alone atm

Security is always the utmost importance. Even if you are legal, bad things can happen. Not trusting people has served me well. I'd recommend keeping as few of people "in the know" as possible.

Give me a second. I'm going to find some links on here if they're still on. This is the way I grow. Not saying it's the best or easiest, but it always produces.

welcome to 420 mag
err
most people do sogs using clones
the probable reason why is because if you start them all from seed they might grow differently
have different growth rates etc. etc..
if you use rooted clones all from the same mother it should hold all the same characteristics flowering time growth rate etc.
and its easy to keep small as rooted clones can be flowered once they have roots

you can have a sog using seeds.it is alot more labor intesive and timing is critical.if you have the space,lights , budget for this kinda thing go for it. i have a perpetual grow with about 65 or so..its a lot of work,i would assume you want this perpetual?

Clones are the plan but need mother's n if gonna raise some may as well go for it.... And clone from this batch / pick mothers and put aside and going forward clones all day. Also we will still be germing new strains for mothers for variety and cloning purposes

you can have a sog using seeds.it is alot more labor intesive and timing is critical.if you have the space,lights , budget for this kinda thing go for it. i have a perpetual grow with about 65 or so..its a lot of work,i would assume you want this perpetual?

YEA we got the stuff. And the time. Check out my pics in my gallery n gimme ur honest opinions guysplz n ty

Also were looking at four tables of 200 babies flowering 2wks apart. N an equal amount of clones in the clone/ veg side. So each table gets two weeks veg n eight flower. In time the veg side can slow down production as volume increases to a s6-8 wk veg n 8wk flower... Plz give ur thoughts

do a journal and put the link in your sig so we all can follow
click user cp on the left side when you scroll down theres an edit signature you can put your link for your journal in there and people can join just by clicking on your sig when you post in other places on site

Back
Top Bottom