First LED Grow Ever

mrrobert420

My Trinity has arrived, this is a beast of the cabinet. Yes it could be better with better equipment, but this is about the grow and not the product. I have had my issues with them and will agree they have their ups and downs but lets just keep this thread focused on the grow. I will let people know the changes and upgrades I have made along the way. This is my fist grow and I have decided to use 420 magazine as my platform. I have followed Stealth Grow for quite sometime and he has inspired me to start my own journey!! Thanks Stealth! :bravo:

4 Blue Dream - 4 Blackwater OG

Hydroponic DWC

Size of light? 240W Kind LED per closet with T5 side lighting

Expert GH series nutes

re: First LED Grow Ever

IMG_0004145.JPG
IMG_0005146.JPG
IMG_0009116.JPG

and please comments, questions concerns etc feel free to leave - That's why we post anyways right? lol

I have enclosed the entire unit with an AC behind. This cabinet in the garage and temps can get 95 + on the worst days so temp control is a must for me.

IMG_0008112.JPG
IMG_001598.JPG
IMG_001787.JPG
IMG_003065.JPG
IMG_003946.JPG
IMG_004049.JPG

I have ducted the ac straight to the intake of the closet

IMG_006044.JPG
IMG_006138.JPG
IMG_006335.JPG

nute cabinet all set up with schedule on the door

IMG_003158.JPG

I added this to the ac plug and have the sensor inside the cabinet to shut the ac off when a desired temp is reached. I know there are better controllers, but its all money lol.......
soon enough............
IMG_00681.PNG

lights finally - back orderd for 2 weeks

IMG_003751.JPG
IMG_003850.JPG

Temp got really high before I ducted the AC to the back of the cabinet. 89+ in the box yikes!!!

blackwater was not happy

IMG_007129.JPG

IMG_007038.JPG

2 days later after temp controlled

IMG_008735.JPG
IMG_008638.JPG

These are the Blue Dream. Wow they grow extremely well. Couldn't be happier to start with this strain.

IMG_005448.JPG
IMG_007236.JPG
IMG_007843.JPG
IMG_007945.JPG
IMG_008139.JPG
IMG_008240.JPG

I will start keeping track of weeks and days and cycle time etc. just thought I would get what I have up there. I have more pics of the completed enclosure and modifications. Will need to wait till I get to my other computer. Well that's it for today. Weekly updates to come and please let me know what you guys think as I have never done this before. Mj enthusiast for over 13 years - first time grower!

Whats up Robert!!
Glad you got the trinity setup and running. Things are looking great so far.:thumb:
I'm subscribed and following. If you have any questions just shout out and I'll help if I can.
Good luck man.;)

thanks stealth - this has been exciting ( sort of lol ) Had lots of temp problems when I got the LED in as its summer time but I think that's all behind me now. Been 1 weeks since the AC has been ducted and it resolved my issues with cab temp and water temp problems - water is cold now and box feels nice when I opened it. its been a three ring circus but seems like everything is working with me and not against me now lol. probly should have waited until I had the box temp controlled before I placed clones, but hey live and learn. Just couldn't help myself lol

hey stealth I did have one question. In the taller cab with the blue dream. I plan on flowering at 18 inches. Do you think that's a good time. Seems like the Blue Dream will triple from what I read. I don't want to wait too long and have then growing through the light. Also does it matter if they grow 3 ft or 4ft tall. Seems like the canopy only gets so much light when its full. doesn't seem like there is a need to go all the way to the top of the cabinet. Thanks!!

hey stealth I did have one question. In the taller cab with the blue dream. I plan on flowering at 18 inches. Do you think that's a good time. Seems like the Blue Dream will triple from what I read. I don't want to wait too long and have then growing through the light. Also does it matter if they grow 3 ft or 4ft tall. Seems like the canopy only gets so much light when its full. doesn't seem like there is a need to go all the way to the top of the cabinet. Thanks!!

I flower at 12inches above the reservoir. I have my DIY screen setup at 12 inches so I try to let the plant go the the net, weave it in and through the net a little until its about 50-60% filled in and then flip. If your not gonna use a screen, yeah, 18 inches should be fine in the taller closet. Don't top them to much, maybe just once or twice if your only gonna use the screen that came with the closets.

As far as light penetration, once your plants are big and full of buds there isn't much light below the screen. I've never just grown a couple of plants and not trained them on a screen though. Are you gonna top the plants at all or just let them grow to 18 inches and flip? If you only have 1 main cola per plant and a couple side colas, then you might get more light to the bottom of the plant.
;)

I flower at 12inches above the reservoir. I have my DIY screen setup at 12 inches so I try to let the plant go the the net, weave it in and through the net a little until its about 50-60% filled in and then flip. If your not gonna use a screen, yeah, 18 inches should be fine in the taller closet. Don't top them to much, maybe just once or twice if your only gonna use the screen that came with the closets.

As far as light penetration, once your plants are big and full of buds there isn't much light below the screen. I've never just grown a couple of plants and not trained them on a screen though. Are you gonna top the plants at all or just let them grow to 18 inches and flip? If you only have 1 main cola per plant and a couple side colas, then you might get more light to the bottom of the plant.
;)

ahhh got it. yes i will be topping them. I plan on topping to get clones for the next run. kill two birds with one stone kind of a thing. I already super cropped 3/4 of them once to get them angled early. I dont plan (lol) on having just one main cola so ill flower a bit earlier than 18 inches - the tall one in the back is already 12 inches. So i guess ill add my DIY net and let them grow through another week. Thanks stealth just wanted some quick input from someone with experience. Its like i am completely blind this first run through. learning curves each day.

Back
Top Bottom