First Lowryder #2 - 600 Watt CFL - Closet Grow Newbie

McScallion

hey guys!

this is my first grow ever. I am growing some lr2. I'll first start off with what I'm working with. I have already started the grow, I figured why not get some help :)

Length of growth so far? day 16 (roughly)
What strain is it? Lr2
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
what is in your mix? miracle grow organic potting soil
What size pot? in red plastic right now
Size of light? (2) 600w CFL bulbs
Is it aircooled? 1 rotating fan
watering? once a week or when top of soil is dry and crusty
Lighting schedule? 18/6

Re: My First Lowryder #2 Grow

ok have a few objections and questions if you don't mind.

Once a WEEK?!?!?! if your soil is still wet after a week you need perlite in your soil because your not getting enough air or something. You should transfer out of the red solo cups DEF if thats what u mean by "red plastic".

lighting seems good

YOU GOT ANY PICS ?

we love photos here at :420:

so what should my watering be like? and i need helping sexing. i understand what i have to do but im not sure what im looking for. also i did notice they started to smell real good is that normal?

here are what some of them look like:
securedownload6.jpeg
securedownload-7.jpeg
securedownload-6.jpeg
securedownload-5.jpeg
securedownload-41.jpeg
securedownload-32.jpeg
securedownload-22.jpeg
securedownload-15.jpeg

almost all of them have two little pistils growing. it's like 2 pokes. idk what they are. any help would be great

Hay man, I'm subbed to this one, I love the lr2, as for sexing aren't they feminised? I know mine were!

But if they aren't feminised then it's still to early to show sex, mine showed pistles at about the 4th or 5 node

As for the watering, you needs to do the "lift test" pic the pot up when it's jut been watered and get used to the weight, then pic it up when the soil is super dry and get used to that weight too. It takes a while but once you know the weights it's the easiest way!

Good luck with the grow!
Micro

Re: first lowryder #2 // 600 watt cfl // closet grow newbie

i would get them outa those cups u have no holes for drainage? i would transfer them asap . another reason is they aren't getting proper ventilation an inch deep into that cup :) hope this helps brotha :Namaste: but as far as how they look right now. GREAT :)

thanks! I have 4 slits going down the sides of each cup for drainage. as for pots, do 2 gal pots work?

ok so you need to get them in their permanent pots asap. i would go for 5 gallon. 4 gallon at least. and do that soon cuz any stress is no good for autos as they have short vegetative growth states and any stress will cut down yield substantial

dont freak though cuz they look good, i would cut the cup all the way down on four sides and carefully scoop the whole out as a whole and transfer to the same potting soil, or if your gonna change you want minimal dirt on the roots for transfer. get them in the 4 gallons, and they will TAKE OFF!

I'll post some pics in a few days. the transplant went ok. I dont think I was gentle enough. I watered them as soon as I transfered them though. any thoughts and advice?

Can you tell me a little more about your bulbs? From the pics they kind of look like normal size CFL's so if you are thinking the 100w equivalents are 100w's your going to need some more lights! If they are the 100w equivalents you only really have 138 true watts and 6 bulbs?

hey guys, so i transplanted all my plants yesterday. i went out and bought soil but i didnt ended up buying enough so i need more soil. what should i do? take em out and add more soil or what? ill post pics of what they look like now

securedownload7.jpeg
securedownload-71.jpeg
securedownload-61.jpeg
securedownload-51.jpeg
securedownload-42.jpeg
securedownload-33.jpeg
securedownload-23.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom