First Outdoor Grow Juicy Fruit & GreenCrack

I just read the other msg. So you got b+. Good. Keep some prints on aluminum foil. And try the brown rice flour. The rye always got contaminated. Idk why for sure but it doesn’t hold water as good as the vermiculite and flour

I used PF tek for my B+ and personally had wayy better yields my golden teachers grown using rye berry grain w/ sub mixture.

I purchased pre steralized grain bags and prepasterized substrates online. All i had to do was inoculate grain, then mix into sub after colonized. Easy as pie, no contams to speak of. Big beautiful 5gram dried fruits galore!!

Thanks bud, yeah ive been trimming away the yellow ones daily for about a week prior to posting this, which is why i decided to come here ask for help since i figured it maybe wasnt simply normal fan leaf shedding.

Ive had similar issues with indoor grows before, im starting to think i might change my soil brand, if anyone has any suggestions?

Stay medicated :yummy::bongrip:

Outdoor plants seem to loose fan leaves sooner and I have the same exact thing going on in my Patch. Best thing you can do is top dress with compost then water in wanna use chems do that too if you want.

I don't clip off yellow leaves. Here's why:

Its Senescence - completely normal for plants specially in flower. Why I dont clip them off is the plants are using up the energy stored in them and why they are turning yellow. Leave them fall of naturally, Clipping them does 2 things 1 - stresses the plant and the 2nd which is the most important is - you opening up a wound on the plant for pests and pathogens to enter. Indoors its not as bad but outdoors you could introduce unknowingly a pathogen that will kill your plants.

The yellow leaves = Senescence and then the leaf and stem will seal itself off where its attached to the stem so there's no wound. That is called the Abscission Layer.

While the Abscission Layer is forming the nutrients in the leaves are going back into the plant via translocation. This layer actually forms as a sort of valve only letting nutrients go one way INTO the plant. When this process of translocation is finished, the abscission layer closes off the petiole and the leaf falls off. Leaving a sort of scar tissue that seals off.

Edit: we grew shrooms the old way with pasteurized straw. There wasn't any substrate to purchase back in the day. We hadda do everything our own. We used to grow arm sized mushrooms in totes.

Outdoor plants seem to loose fan leaves sooner and I have the same exact thing going on in my Patch. Best thing you can do is top dress with compost then water in wanna use chems do that too if you want.

I don't clip off yellow leaves. Here's why:

Its Senescence - completely normal for plants specially in flower. Why I dont clip them off is the plants are using up the energy stored in them and why they are turning yellow. Leave them fall of naturally, Clipping them does 2 things 1 - stresses the plant and the 2nd which is the most important is - you opening up a wound on the plant for pests and pathogens to enter. Indoors its not as bad but outdoors you could introduce unknowingly a pathogen that will kill your plants.

The yellow leaves = Senescence and then the leaf and stem will seal itself off where its attached to the stem so there's no wound. That is called the Abscission Layer.

While the Abscission Layer is forming the nutrients in the leaves are going back into the plant via translocation. This layer actually forms as a sort of valve only letting nutrients go one way INTO the plant. When this process of translocation is finished, the abscission layer closes off the petiole and the leaf falls off. Leaving a sort of scar tissue that seals off.

Edit: we grew shrooms the old way with pasteurized straw. There wasn't any substrate to purchase back in the day. We hadda do everything our own. We used to grow arm sized mushrooms in totes.

Wow great post man that was all very informative ! I had heard yellowing leaves use up needed energy which is why I've been removing them. I'll put an end to that habit now, thanks to you information.

I've been expirementing with homemade/steralized grains and substrates, when i first started out i wanted results and got them with products bought from credible sources, so i always suggest that to others for their first grow.

Back
Top Bottom